Message From The Doors

10 replies to this topic

#1 FamiliarFreak

FamiliarFreak

• Super Administrators
  • 5,873 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 12:42 PM

TO ALL DOORS FANS, BOARDS MEMBERS AND MODERATORS

Here is a personal message to all of you from Ray Manzarek, John Densmore and Robby Krieger:

When we first envisioned the creation of The Doors Message Boards we had a purpose in mind –-- to foster a place for Doors fans from all over the world to come, be part of a community, and contribute to the legacy of The Doors, as well as provide a safe haven that offered support, understanding and a common, shared purpose: Love of The Doors, Jim Morrison, his poetry, our music, and everything The Doors stand for as a group. We have watched with concern as the message boards have been usurped in their purpose and, through the negativity of several members, have devolved into hate, recrimination and plain old mean-spiritedness. This is no longer a community we can support.

As The Doors, we have had personal disagreements with each other, and we have differing feelings and opinions regarding several issues that are important to us. However, we also have well over thirty years of history with each other and have had, many times over our decades together, differing viewpoints on important issues. This has never stopped us from stating our views, both personally and as Doors members – and it has never stopped us from working together towards our one common goal: the support, concern, and fostering of THE DOORS as a band.

Yes, we have each been guilty of some of the same things we see happening on the boards. Yes, we have each stumbled and sometimes said things in anger that we later regretted. We are not saints, and we are not asking you to be, either. However, The Doors are bigger than any of us individually, and we are all committed to bringing the legacy, the principles we believe in as a band, and the music of The Doors forward for the next generations to come. We have, sometimes with great difficulty and inner turmoil, put our personal feelings aside in order to cooperate in this endeavor. Now we are asking each of you to do the same.

We have decided to make some changes to our message boards. Many of you have strong opinions on issues that are important to you. We encourage you to express your opinions, but to do so IN AN ATMOSPHERE OF LOVE AND SUPPORT, contributing to a positive, uplifting environment where all Doors fans can come. We are not interested in supporting an environment where participants are called names, ridiculed, or viciously attacked, whether the target be any one of you, us, our management team, our advisors or anyone else.

To help in this endeavor, effective immediately we are moving the ROTS board, and all individual member and member project threads, off of The Doors Message Boards and onto each member’s own website. You may go to these individual websites to discuss your opinions about ROTS, Tribaljazz, The Butts Band, The Robby Krieger Band, and other issues not related to The Doors as a whole. However, none of us will tolerate rude behavior on our individual sites, either. We are not interested in anyone coming here to ridicule any one of us, or any of you, for any reason. If you want to do that, find another forum – it’s a free country and a wide world, but here on The Doors Message Boards and on our individual boards, it will not be tolerated.

We have instructed our manager, Jeff Jampol, to watch over the boards, and to permanently ban any member making incendiary or name-calling attacks in their posts. His word will be final and irrevocable. If you disagree with anything that is going on, or with an individual band member’s stance on an issue, we are not censoring you – you are free to speak your mind, in a positive, uplifting, contributory way.

Don’t forget, we have been brothers-in-arms for well over three decades, and none of us is willing to let outsiders or fans come between us, even though we may have attacked each other in the past. That is sometimes - sadly - what brothers do. Yes, there have been a lot of hurt feelings among us, angry sentiments, even bitter infighting that may take a long time to heal – if ever. But we all stand together when it comes to The Doors, and the legacy we wish to leave behind, and we will close ranks to defend against any attacks from outside our inner circle, no matter who the target – or the attacker - may be.

If you wish to go sound off and attack The Doors – or any one of us - feel free to do so, but not on The Doors Message Boards, which we finance and make available to you as a service. We do, however, look forward to continuing to facilitate the spirited discussions among our fans, and even our critics, that we have come to appreciate. Just leave the personal animosities, name-calling, accusations and viciousness at home. Or write to your congressperson!

Love -

Ray Manzarek, John Densmore and Robby Krieger
THE DOORS

#2 FamiliarFreak

FamiliarFreak

• Super Administrators
  • 5,873 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 12:48 PM

As you have seen from The Doors’ announcement, we have made some major changes in the how the boards are setup and how we will be running them going forward. Some of you are probably wondering how this will affect your day–to-day enjoyment of the boards? For most of you, it won’t, other than the fact that the vibe will be a much more positive one. You will still be able to discuss The Doors (67-71) here on the Lizard Lounge, and Ray/Robby/John “post-Morrison” projects on their respective boards.

Here are some of the other changes you should all be aware of that will effect how we moderate the boards:

We will be lifting all existing bans (with a few specific exceptions). This means that everyone has fresh start and can reinvent themselves on the new boards as they see fit. Everyone is welcome back and can post freely.

We will be starting fresh by archiving all old threads.

The Lizard Lounge and Ray/Robby/John message boards are for fans. If you aren’t a fan, then there is no need for you to post (unless it is a constructive post or question). Please don’t post just to incite arguments. As stated in The Doors’ statement, they want this to be a positive place; not a place for childish fighting.

R.E.S.P.E.C.T! That is one of the other concepts we will be strictly enforcing on the new boards. As The Doors said in their message, the negativism and personal attacking isn’t something they want to see here on their boards. So going forward, disrespectful, condescending posts will not be allowed, and the posters will be dealt with fairly quickly. Debate and disagreements are fine. That’s part of what make these boards great! But the name calling and mean-spiritedness has got to stop. And it will stop. You will be warned once. If you continue breaking this rule you will be put under moderation (where your posts are approved by a moderator before going live). If you continue after that, you will be banned and not allowed back in. The Doors pay for these boards, and these are their rules.

We hope that you support us on these changes and help us to keep things running smoothly. And if you have issues, don’t hesitate to contact a moderator. That’s what we’re here for.

Thanks!
“The Moderators”

#3 TheDoorsMusic

TheDoorsMusic

• Members
  • 868 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 02:28 AM

Right on.

Racing through the trees of the night.

#4 ReedB926

ReedB926

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • Interests:The Doors

Posted 27 October 2005 - 03:59 AM

I am very happy the Doors have finally stepped in to save the message boards. As an enormous lover of the Doors and a member of these boards from the beginning it has gotten more and more painful for me to read the postings in these forums. I am even ashamed at times to be counted among some of the disrespectful people who have nothing better to do than start fights on these message boards. I hope this will return to a positive and informative forum where we can all celebrate the music we love so much.

So here's a positive note to get things going:

The Doors changed my life. Their influence has been the most profound of any in my life. They inspired me to learn the guitar and gave me something to relate to when I was in my developmental teens. The music they made spoke to me in a way that I still don't completely understand. I just know that I've always felt an immediate connection with the music and the history of the band. They continue to be a source of inspiration and comfort in my life. I owe so much to Jim, Ray, John, and Robby. I can never thank them enough for what they have given to us. All I can say is THANK YOU!!

#5 Sunday Trucker

Sunday Trucker

• Members
  • 2,722 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 04:13 PM

They are right. It was becoming too much to handle...
Lately I became part of some of the fights, my intention was to make the negativity go away but it just brought more negativity to the existing one...I´m so sorry. I´ll do my part.

The Doors deserve a much better place!
:ray: :john: :robbie:

#6 ~*adrienne*~

~*adrienne*~

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 07:35 PM

I always forget this board is funded by the actual members of The Doors. I was so happy when they did away with the Severed Garden. I couldn't stand that place. All most of us want to discuss are The Doors, anything else can be kept to pm's.

#7 justmeg

justmeg

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 02:19 AM

right on. totally agree

#8 Christie

Christie

• Members
  • 978 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 02:57 AM

QUOTE(justmeg @ Dec 26 2006, 09:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
right on. totally agree
[/b]

Were you ever at the Garden, justmeg? Many of us miss it terribly.

#9 lonepantherx1..

lonepantherx1..

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 04:09 AM

QUOTE(FamiliarFreak @ Oct 25 2005, 04:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As you have seen from The Doors’ announcement, we have made some major changes in the how the boards are setup and how we will be running them going forward. Some of you are probably wondering how this will affect your day–to-day enjoyment of the boards? For most of you, it won’t, other than the fact that the vibe will be a much more positive one. You will still be able to discuss The Doors (67-71) here on the Lizard Lounge, and Ray/Robby/John “post-Morrison” projects on their respective boards.

Here are some of the other changes you should all be aware of that will effect how we moderate the boards:

We will be lifting all existing bans (with a few specific exceptions). This means that everyone has fresh start and can reinvent themselves on the new boards as they see fit. Everyone is welcome back and can post freely.

The Lizard Lounge and Ray/Robby/John message boards are for fans. If you aren’t a fan, then there is no need for you to post (unless it is a constructive post or question). Please don’t post just to incite arguments. As stated in The Doors’ statement, they want this to be a positive place; not a place for childish fighting.

R.E.S.P.E.C.T! That is one of the other concepts we will be strictly enforcing on the new boards. As The Doors said in their message, the negativism and personal attacking isn’t something they want to see here on their boards. So going forward, disrespectful, condescending posts will not be allowed, and the posters will be dealt with fairly quickly. Debate and disagreements are fine. That’s part of what make these boards great! But the name calling and mean-spiritedness has got to stop. And it will stop. You will be warned once. If you continue breaking this rule you will be put under moderation (where your posts are approved by a moderator before going live). If you continue after that, you will be banned and not allowed back in. The Doors pay for these boards, and these are their rules.

We hope that you support us on these changes and help us to keep things running smoothly. And if you have issues, don’t hesitate to contact a moderator. That’s what we’re here for.

Thanks!
“The Moderators”
[/b]

i totally agree

#10 abrcosmo

abrcosmo

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:The Doors (of course), Music, Travel, Reading, Cosmetology, Animals, Nature.

Posted 12 January 2010 - 02:42 AM

:D

#11 StupidGirl

StupidGirl

• Banned
  • 2,835 posts
  • Interests:the truth...for it can be adjusted.....

Posted 27 October 2012 - 04:50 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FamiliarFreak @ Oct 25 2005, 04:48 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=606022"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->As you have seen from The Doors&acirc;&#153; announcement, we have made some major changes in the how the boards are setup and how we will be running them going forward. Some of you are probably wondering how this will affect your day&acirc;"to-day enjoyment of the boards? For most of you, it won&acirc;&#153;t, other than the fact that the vibe will be a much more positive one. You will still be able to discuss The Doors (67-71) here on the Lizard Lounge, and Ray/Robby/John &acirc;&#156;post-Morrison&acirc;&#157; projects on their respective boards.

The Lizard Lounge and Ray/Robby/John message boards are for fans. If you aren&acirc;&#153;t a fan, then there is no need for you to post (unless it is a constructive post or question). Please don&acirc;&#153;t post just to incite arguments. As stated in The Doors&acirc;&#153; statement, they want this to be a positive place; not a place for childish fighting.

R.E.S.P.E.C.T! That is one of the other concepts we will be strictly enforcing on the new boards. As The Doors said in their message, the negativism and personal attacking isn&acirc;&#153;t something they want to see here on their boards. So going forward, disrespectful, condescending posts will not be allowed, and the posters will be dealt with fairly quickly. Debate and disagreements are fine. That&acirc;&#153;s part of what make these boards great! But the name calling and mean-spiritedness has got to stop. And it will stop. You will be warned once. If you continue breaking this rule you will be put under moderation (where your posts are approved by a moderator before going live). If you continue after that, you will be banned and not allowed back in. The Doors pay for these boards, and these are their rules.

We hope that you support us on these changes and help us to keep things running smoothly. And if you have issues, don&acirc;&#153;t hesitate to contact a moderator. That&acirc;&#153;s what we&acirc;&#153;re here for.

Thanks!
&acirc;&#156;The Moderators&acirc;&#157;
[/b]<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
i totally agree

David, I always start off nice...keep that in mind.Love to The Doors.

Edited by StupidGirl, 25 April 2013 - 05:35 AM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users