Photo

The change in board

20 replies to this topic

#1 summerfall

summerfall

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 29 October 2005 - 07:49 AM

Since the Doors are so interested in what goes on here, how about some direct posts from the surviving Doors. I value and respect Jampol, Familiar Freak, Doors management, etc...But if Ray, John, and Robby really were interested in what goes on here, how about some direct interaction with one or all of them? If I am out of line, please excuse me, but i feel that i am not asking too much. Thankx Brad Aldy

#2 lizard_queen4

lizard_queen4

• Members
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 29 October 2005 - 10:36 AM

yeah I agree to a point............BUT In the past Ive seen people slate them on here that must be very off putting dont ya think. but why not give us the benifit of the doubt and come and share your experiances with us pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

#3 dot

dot

• Administrators
  • 7,369 posts

Posted 29 October 2005 - 12:38 PM

John posts over on his board.
dot@thedoors.com

#4 natureswildchild

natureswildchild

• Members
  • 899 posts

Posted 29 October 2005 - 12:47 PM

It would be great if they'd post here and 'talk' with us and we are their fans too after all.smile.gif

:peace:
Michelle

#5 King Morrison

King Morrison

• Members
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 29 October 2005 - 12:51 PM

why Ray cant log in and say Hi to all? :ray:

#6 steve d

steve d

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 29 October 2005 - 01:07 PM

yea that would be awesome :ray: :robbie: :john:

#7 King Morrison

King Morrison

• Members
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 29 October 2005 - 01:39 PM

it would be so cool! :cheers:

#8 wskybar

wskybar

• Members
  • 3,407 posts

Posted 29 October 2005 - 10:40 PM

Brad, I will answer the question on behalf of the Doors. Sure, I have no right to, I'm just a fan like you, and everyone else here.

But, imagine if they posted here. Imagine the amount of requests they would receive? Can you sign my CD if I send it to you? Or, my band is trying to get signed, can you listen to a CD?

A guy I know plays guitar for Paul McCartney, and he says they'll get into a limo, and the limo driver turns around and hands a tape to McCartney saying "If you could listen to this, it's my friends band...." He gets that on a daily basis, from everyone he meets.

Not to mention, so many fans would ask the same questions over and over. To Robby: Are you mad that your guitar section was cut from Spanish Caravan? Why did you have a black eye on Smothers Brothers doing Touch Me? And speaking of TOuch Me, did you really write that as "HIT ME." Do you get bothered by Morrison overshadowing everyone? Do you still talk to Densmore? What do you and Ray do after the shows?

And, those are just the questions that popped into my head right now. Imagine how crazy it would get.

Trust me, the guys probably log on once a week, maybe once a month, and they read the various posts. WHy wouldn't they? They were part of the best band in music history, and this is a website devoted to dissecting the songs, talking about the band (THEM), of course they would. It would just be a circus to respond to everything, and the same questions, time and time again.

#9 smokeythebear

smokeythebear

• Members
  • 1,624 posts

Posted 29 October 2005 - 11:07 PM

Originally posted by wskybar@Oct 29 2005, 10:40 PM
Brad, I will answer the question on behalf of the Doors. Sure, I have no right to, I'm just a fan like you, and everyone else here.

But, imagine if they posted here. Imagine the amount of requests they would receive? Can you sign my CD if I send it to you? Or, my band is trying to get signed, can you listen to a CD?

A guy I know plays guitar for Paul McCartney, and he says they'll get into a limo, and the limo driver turns around and hands a tape to McCartney saying "If you could listen to this, it's my friends band...." He gets that on a daily basis, from everyone he meets.

Not to mention, so many fans would ask the same questions over and over. To Robby: Are you mad that your guitar section was cut from Spanish Caravan? Why did you have a black eye on Smothers Brothers doing Touch Me? And speaking of TOuch Me, did you really write that as "HIT ME." Do you get bothered by Morrison overshadowing everyone? Do you still talk to Densmore? What do you and Ray do after the shows?

And, those are just the questions that popped into my head right now. Imagine how crazy it would get.

Trust me, the guys probably log on once a week, maybe once a month, and they read the various posts. WHy wouldn't they? They were part of the best band in music history, and this is a website devoted to dissecting the songs, talking about the band (THEM), of course they would. It would just be a circus to respond to everything, and the same questions, time and time again.

And is that to much to ask? i mean they dont have jobs, we are their income. Why shouldnt they answer questions, is writing answers to people to much to ask of people who the fans have supported all of their lives? I was just over at Brian Wilsons message board, he pops by once in a while and talk to the fans. He answers the questions he feels like answering and he is making alot of people happy by doing so. Van Dyke Parks logged in yesterday and got alot of questions, he answerd them the best he could and made alot of fans happy.

Going online and aswering questions is nothing like meeting people in real life. You can answer the questions you are comfortable answering and you can give it the time and thought you like. When the doors manager got online i think most of the people thought the same thing you do, geez he is going to be flooded with questions and in the begining he was. Now he is just another nice guy here at the board with some inside info.

So yes i think The Doors could take a little time off once a week and come in and talk to their fans.

#10 Painted Death

Painted Death

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 11:59 AM

Originally posted by smokeythebear+Oct 30 2005, 02:07 AM-->
QUOTE(smokeythebear @ Oct 30 2005, 02:07 AM)

And is that to much to ask? i mean they dont have jobs, we are their income. Why shouldnt they answer questions, is writing answers to people to much to ask of people who the fans have supported all of their lives? I was just over at Brian Wilsons message board, he pops by once in a while and talk to the fans. He answers the questions he feels like answering and he is making alot of people happy by doing so. Van Dyke Parks logged in yesterday and got alot of questions, he answerd them the best he could and made alot of fans happy.

Going online and aswering questions is nothing like meeting people in real life. You can answer the questions you are comfortable answering and you can give it the time and thought you like. When the doors manager got online i think most of the people thought the same thing you do, geez he is going to be flooded with questions and in the begining he was. Now he is just another nice guy here at the board with some inside info.

So yes i think The Doors could take a little time off once a week and come in and talk to their fans.

[/b]

I agree with smokeythebear. It`s like were asking too much or something, we just want that they talk with us a little bit and answer some of our questions.
You don`t have to sit all the day front of the computer,just couple of hours,that would be enough,don`t you think, people?!

#11 Guest_TheWallsScreamedPoetry_*

Guest_TheWallsScreamedPoetry_*
  • Registered Users

Posted 30 October 2005 - 01:23 PM

Originally posted by Painted Death+Oct 30 2005, 11:59 AM-->
QUOTE(Painted Death @ Oct 30 2005, 11:59 AM)
Originally posted by smokeythebear@Oct 30 2005, 02:07 AM

I agree with smokeythebear. It`s like were asking too much or something, we just want that they talk with us a little bit and answer some of our questions.
You don`t have to sit all the day front of the computer,just couple of hours,that would be enough,don`t you think, people?!
[/b]

Densmore does it on his forum so why can't the other two do the same on thiers?

#12 Christie

Christie

• Members
  • 978 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 03:13 PM

Don't have jobs? They all seem to have other projects going on. They may not have a 9 to 5 type thing going on but to say they don't have jobs seems to me to be wrong.

#13 smokeythebear

smokeythebear

• Members
  • 1,624 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 03:30 PM

Originally posted by Christie@Oct 30 2005, 03:13 PM
Don't have jobs? They all seem to have other projects going on. They may not have a 9 to 5 type thing going on but to say they don't have jobs seems to me to be wrong.

Yep but since we are the ones they are working for "sort of" i think it would be fair to give us an hour a week to talk to us.

#14 Psychic Linda

Psychic Linda

• Members
  • 1,814 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 03:36 PM

Originally posted by wskybar@Oct 29 2005, 06:40 PM
Brad, I will answer the question on behalf of the Doors.  Sure, I have no right to, I'm just a fan like you, and everyone else here.

But, imagine if they posted here.  Imagine the amount of requests they would receive?  Can you sign my CD if I send it to you?  Or, my band is trying to get signed, can you listen to a CD?

A guy I know plays guitar for Paul McCartney, and he says they'll get into a limo, and the limo driver turns around and hands a tape to McCartney saying "If you could listen to this, it's my friends band...."  He gets that on a daily basis, from everyone he meets. 

Not to mention, so many fans would ask the same questions over and over.  To Robby:  Are you mad that your guitar section was cut from Spanish Caravan?  Why did you have a black eye on Smothers Brothers doing Touch Me?  And speaking of TOuch Me, did you really write that as "HIT ME."  Do you get bothered by Morrison overshadowing everyone?  Do you still talk to Densmore?  What do you and Ray do after the shows?

And, those are just the questions that popped into my head right now.  Imagine how crazy it would get.

Trust me, the guys probably log on once a week, maybe once a month, and they read the various posts.  WHy wouldn't they?  They were part of the best band in music history, and this is a website devoted to dissecting the songs, talking about the band (THEM), of course they would.  It would just be a circus to respond to everything, and the same questions, time and time again.

Personally, I don't think you are seeing the big picture. Smokey's assessment of the possiblitly makes aot of sense, Wsykybar. You are speaking from a limited/one-sided perspective. It is far easier to control posts and interviews online than conversation and requests in person. No cassette tapes from strangers can be exchanged and personal requests can be omitted.

As to the repeat on questions, that is the price one pays for one's success. The Doors know that. They obviously want to continue selling Doors, Riders and Tribal CDS, so it is definitely to their advantage to get more involved with the people supporting that music. Those same questions are the ones that Ray, Robby and John repeat over and over in stories when they talk to fans anyway, so I don't see that you have a valid point there. No, I really don't think you are seeing the big picture, and you usually do. Like someone else said, other great bands are doing it. The Doors should get on that band wagon! They are regular guys, not gods. Protecting them from their fans certainly can't be a good thing. :peace:

#15 onetruecrime

onetruecrime

• Members
  • 5,210 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 05:40 PM

maybe they do post here... ph34r.gif

#16 jymwrite

jymwrite

• Members
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 04:19 AM

QUOTE(onetruecrime @ Oct 30 2005, 12:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/b]

Is that Robby? :rolling:
Writing Under the Influence of Rock 'n' Roll! Jymsbooks

The Doors Examiner

#17 Brasileiro

Brasileiro

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 04:34 AM

QUOTE(steve d @ Oct 29 2005, 05:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yea that would be awesome :ray: :robbie: :john:
[/b]

Totally agree!!!!!!! :cheers: biggrin.gif

:peace:

#18 sevenmiles

sevenmiles

• Members
  • 786 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 07:56 AM

Maybe they could do a blog now and again or somethin?

John does one now and again on his site......it would be great to see Ray and Robby do the same.

#19 summerfall

summerfall

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 07:59 AM

Thanks for everyone's response to this thread. I don't think it's too much to ask them to say hello or to just say thanks for paying for their living. (is that too harsh?) Anyway, it would be a problem to prove the authenticity of their quotes, but it would be nice if an effort was made. ...Again, i mean no disrespect, i totally appreciate this website and all who post here. Affiliated with the original Doors or not, but i do wish\hope that John, Robby, or Ray would say hello or to say "hey man we are here, we are listening and we care" Thankx ......Brad Aldy

#20 Bigbrowneyes

Bigbrowneyes

• Members
  • 894 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 11:06 AM

QUOTE(jymwrite @ Nov 2 2005, 04:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[quote]
QUOTE(onetruecrime @ Oct 30 2005, 12:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/quote][quote]
[/b][/quote]

Is that Robby? :rolling:
[/b][/quote]

I was going to say that, I mean they could pretend to be any ordinary board member and we would'nt even know.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users