Photo

Living & Dying With Jim Morrison By Judy Huddleston

102 replies to this topic

#101 laurel_canyon

laurel_canyon

• Moderators
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 06:38 AM

It wasn't easy being a friend to Jim Morrison either, but it was worth the difficulty it took to get to know him. By the end of 1970 Jim was a man who trusted few people. It took some doing to build the kind of mutual trust it took to cement a friendship.

The difference between Judy's book and Kennealy's is that Judy told the truth. You see so many facets of the real Jim in Judy's book.

In Patricia's I saw a bootlicking subserviant man, not anywhere near the Jim Morrison I knew.

LOL so true :lol: :lol: :lol:

#102 Shebang

Shebang

• Members
  • 2,029 posts
  • Interests:LEATHER PANTS

Posted 17 January 2010 - 06:18 PM

In Patricia's I saw a bootlicking subserviant man

And that is exactly why I refuse to read Kennealy's book. I don't want her "romance fiction" to pollute what I know about Jim Morrison.

#103 *~adrienne~*

*~adrienne~*

• Members
  • 339 posts
  • Interests:Sirius XMU, books on bands from the late 60s/70s & non-fiction, Netflix (mostly horror films in my queue), art galleries, concerts, coffee, sugar free red bull and any combination of chocolate and peanut butter.

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:01 AM

I friended Judy Huddleston on facebook...you can too just look her up. She's a lecturer @ CSU Monterey Bay. She lives in San Francisco, CA. Not sure if someone already posted this I didn't read the entire thread....ok just read the entire thread no one mentioned this. Also, I got the book awhile back off of ebay if anyone wants to borrow it let me know.

Edited by *~adrienne~*, 17 April 2012 - 12:08 AM.

"Instant gratification takes too long!"
-Carrie Fisher

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users