Photo

Jim's Close Friend Frank Lisciandro Interviewed

50 replies to this topic

#41 queenhwy

queenhwy

• Members
  • 2,146 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:38 PM

Pretty close, if not THE coolest! I'd love to hear that story, if you'd like to tell it.

Her memory is fuzzy, so I don't have exact details. It was in Michigan, 1956 or '57. They tried to get in, anyway possible(side doors) but she didn't make it in, but her cousin did! So she did go to see Elvis, just didn't get in. She remembers seeing his pink Cadillac. So while the tale is cool, her cousin has the story. I have never asked her cousin about it b/c I rarely see her. So I'll try and see if she will ask her cousin.

I think it was a big regret on my Moms part being a huge Elvis fan. But on another note, she always says how cute she thought Jim was!
The future's uncertain
And the end is always near.

#42 StupidGirl

StupidGirl

• Banned
  • 2,835 posts
  • Interests:the truth...for it can be adjusted.....

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:56 AM

*who thinks girls on tables,in red fringe, look silly?* thanx you... so, boycott away, old habits are hard to break.... whatelse? the new
Doors website sucks.... anyway, sorry I cuss and it's me, and you ain't changin' me anytime soon/Texasky, my legs are always crossed....

#43 manhime

manhime

• Members
  • 890 posts
  • Interests:Peppermint Girl's

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:20 PM

Pretty close, if not THE coolest! I'd love to hear that story, if you'd like to tell it.

Actually my wife sat on Elvis's lap. She was 7 or so and she used to play with his niece. Something like that.

#44 queenhwy

queenhwy

• Members
  • 2,146 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:24 PM

Actually my wife sat on Elvis's lap. She was 7 or so and she used to play with his niece. Something like that.

So cool...no pics?
The future's uncertain

#45 *~adrienne~*

*~adrienne~*

• Members
  • 339 posts
  • Interests:Sirius XMU, books on bands from the late 60s/70s & non-fiction, Netflix (mostly horror films in my queue), art galleries, concerts, coffee, sugar free red bull and any combination of chocolate and peanut butter.

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:53 AM

Hey Manhime if you have no pics to prove your wife sat on Elvis's lap how can we really believe you? Maybe you're lying...in fact do you have any pictures to prove this? Ha...you can dish it but probably can't take it...]

Salli & Janet...how did Jim even first meet Max Fink? I'm curious...and are you really going to tell me that Max Fink didn't know as a reasonably intelligent guy that Jim was going to jump bail and go to Paris? I mean obviously Jim wouldn't say verbatim what his intentions were...but I mean anyone with an IQ could've put it together especially knowing Jim's state of mind at that time...he wasn't doing too well...plus his last name is Fink...I mean who would trust a guy with that last name to be honest...
"Instant gratification takes too long!"
-Carrie Fisher

#46 freedomgirl

freedomgirl

• Members
  • 374 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Music, Movies, Poetry, trying to get people in my little surrounding to learn to think on their own, not what they´re told..., to realize their head is the only place to be free.

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:23 PM

I haven't been able to view it. I tried it on two different browsers (safari, and Internet explorer). Won't work?! :(

Sorry queenhwy I haven´t been reading here lately... I just tried again and it works for me, I hope you could solve the problem by now. :)
...He communicated with emotion, rage, grace, and wisdom. He offered very little in the way of compromise...

#47 freedomgirl

freedomgirl

• Members
  • 374 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Music, Movies, Poetry, trying to get people in my little surrounding to learn to think on their own, not what they´re told..., to realize their head is the only place to be free.

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:26 PM

...but ignorant is forever.

I like this quote, can I use it for my signature... ;) :D
...He communicated with emotion, rage, grace, and wisdom. He offered very little in the way of compromise...

#48 freedomgirl

freedomgirl

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:39 PM

Oh wow, it seems this Omelet guy here´s "pretty intersting", everyone´s talking about him. I wonder why?! :P

#49 mizscarlett43

mizscarlett43

Bitch Emeritus

• Members
  • 5,774 posts
  • Interests:Politics; History (Medieval English, Victorian English and American, esp. William Bonney/Lincoln County War); Permaculture; Mexican and Moroccan Folk Art and Vernacular Architecture

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:42 PM

Hey Manhime if you have no pics to prove your wife sat on Elvis's lap how can we really believe you? Maybe you're lying...in fact do you have any pictures to prove this? 1. You can dish it but probably can't take it...]

2. Salli & Janet...how did Jim even first meet Max Fink?

I assume your post is a bit of a put-on, but I'm going to pretend to take is seriously anyway. ;)

1. Manhime didn't "dish out" anything, in fact he tried very hard to kick the trolls out of the topics he'd started.

2. I seem to remember some association between Max Fink and Robby's corporate executive* father, but I could be wrong. Anyway, presumably Robby (or his dad) recommended Max to Jim.

* I think it was the Rand Corporation, but I'm not sure.

Edited by mizscarlett43, 18 April 2013 - 07:42 PM.

I still believe in the Cosmic Giggle, even if Rolling Stone doesn't any more.

#50 freedomgirl

freedomgirl

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:46 PM

I haven't been able to view it. I tried it on two different browsers (safari, and Internet explorer). Won't work?! :(

I use firefox, maybe this helps... :)

#51 queenhwy

queenhwy

• Members
  • 2,146 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:53 PM

I use firefox, maybe this helps... :)

Thanks! I'll try it.
The future's uncertain

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users