Photo

Would Jim have fought in the UFC?

26 replies to this topic

Poll: Jim in MMA (7 member(s) have cast votes)

Could Jim win a UFC fight?

1. Yes (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. No (6 votes [85.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 85.71%

3. It would be a draw (1 votes [14.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 StupidGirl

StupidGirl

• Banned
  • 2,835 posts
  • Interests:the truth...for it can be adjusted.....

Posted 20 October 2012 - 06:30 AM

This gets my vote as the strangest thread ever posted about speculating on Jim's behaviour. :)

Amen....

#22 oak

oak

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmatio
  • 56 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 04:56 PM

Not strange or far-fetched to imagine Jim would have eventually come across the influences of martial arts, with his interest in films.

Bruce Lee arrived to USA during the 1950’s and by the early 1960’s active in the martial arts community in California. Martial arts were in the air during the 1960’s, growing to display its influences in television series and films.

If we imagine that Jim had lived at least a few more years, he too would have experienced the Bruce Lee and martial arts cultural phenomenon through the films.

Peter Tosh became influenced by Bruce Lee that he took up on martial arts. Had Jim Morrison lived longer than 1971, he would have not been able to miss it, after all Tosh couldn't. Not convinced Jim would have had “the mindset” to approach the discipline of martial arts like Tosh could, who just didn't touch alcohol. Although martial arts, could have been helpful.

Edited by oak, 20 October 2012 - 05:11 PM.

#23 flashing bliss

flashing bliss

FB

• Members
  • 785 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 06:49 PM

Not strange or far-fetched to imagine Jim would have eventually come across the influences of martial arts, with his interest in films.

Bruce Lee arrived to USA during the 1950's and by the early 1960's active in the martial arts community in California. Martial arts were in the air during the 1960's, growing to display its influences in television series and films.......................................

Jim was also in California from 1964 and didn't show any inclination to martial arts that I know of. Think literature was more his thing tbh.

How appropriate this was posted in Albums/Music Posted Image not.
Flash

#24 oak

oak

• 56 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:25 PM

Jim was also in California from 1964 and didn't show any inclination to martial arts that I know of. Think literature was more his thing tbh.

How appropriate this was posted in Albums/Music Posted Image not.

Nowhere did I state he would have, like Peter Tosh who didn't have interest in alcohol. Tosh was inclined towards clean living with "the fighting spirit" and why the practice of martial arts too.

There's though numbers of lit. on martial arts or its use like in Ancient Greece. What I am saying is that Jim (like Tosh) wasn't inclined towards ignorance, he would have been the very least aware of its place in history and the times, during the 60's in USA.

Edited by oak, 20 October 2012 - 10:45 PM.

#25 flashing bliss

flashing bliss

FB

• Members
  • 785 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 11:43 PM

Bruce Lee arrived to USA during the 1950's and by the early 1960's active in the martial arts community in California. Martial arts were in the air during the 1960's, growing to display its influences in television series and films.

If we imagine that Jim had lived at least a few more years, he too would have experienced the Bruce Lee and martial arts cultural phenomenon through the films.

Peter Tosh became influenced by Bruce Lee that he took up on martial arts. Had Jim Morrison lived longer than 1971, he would have not been able to miss it, after all Tosh couldn't. Not convinced Jim would have had "the mindset" to approach the discipline of martial arts like Tosh could, who just didn't touch alcohol. Although martial arts, could have been helpful.

You can't have it both ways........ "martial arts were in the air" yet Jim as far as we know didn't take a blind bit of notice. I suppose we are meant to think that if he'd seen Enter the Dragon he'd have been fighting in the UFC before you could say Kwai Chang Caine.

Edited by flashing bliss, 21 October 2012 - 08:18 AM.

Flash

#26 StupidGirl

StupidGirl

• Banned
  • 2,835 posts
  • Interests:the truth...for it can be adjusted.....

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:59 AM

I made this in the wrong forum, meant for it go in General. Sorry again, my game is off today.

For those who don't know, MMA stands for Mixed Martial Arts. Any fighting style can be used, but there are basic rules for the fighters' protection (i.e., no kicking or kneeing a downed opponent in the head, no groin stikes, no strikes to the back of the head or trachea/thoat, etc...) It is actually a quite civilized sport, and not "human cock-figting" as many people presume.

Assuming that Jim would fight, he would have to decide on a weight-class.

The choices are: Heavyweight (207-265 lbs), Light Heavyweight (187-205 lbs), Middleweight (172-185 lbs), Welterweight (157-170 lbs), and Lightweight (147-155 lbs). There are two more smaller weight classes, Bantam and Feather, but there is no way Jim could get that low.

The fighting styles one can work with are: Karate, Wrestling, Judo, Tae kwon do, Freestyle, Boxing, and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.

The way to win is through submission by making your opponent tap-out, a Knock Out (KO), a Technical Knock Out (TKO) where the ref stops the fight due to blows, or by Judges decision if the fight lasts 3 rounds. A championship match is 5 rounds. All rounds are 5 minutes in length.

What would Jim wear in the Octagon (cage)? He can wear tight shorts, or lose surfing shorts (board shorts).

Here we go....

While Jim could get his weight up to the level of a Heavyweight, there is no way he could get enough muscle on to justify that class. Light Heavyweight would be his natural range, but even at 205 lbs, he is not tall enough at only 6'1". Therefore, I see him at Middle-weight, 185 lbs. He could theoretically weight about 195 lbs and cut down to 185 by dehydrating himself and laying off the food for a few days. After the offical weigh in, he could put the 10 lbs back on in time for the next day's fight.

I see his style as Wrestling, whereas he would go for the take-down. Once he got his opponent on the ground, he should try and mount him and do some 'gound and pound'.

Since Jim is intellegent, and not just a brawler, a good strategy would be for him to try and cut his opponents head with an elbow, thus causing a lot of bleeding and a possible doctor's stoppage.

Finally, he would have to rock the mid-length tight shorts... black in color.... of course!

no wonder you were kicked out...Morrison was a lover; not a fighter.

#27 oak

oak

• 56 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:24 AM

no wonder you were kicked out...Morrison was a lover; not a fighter.

One's gotta Fight for Love. Didn't you know?

Edited by oak, 21 October 2012 - 10:28 AM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users