Use of "alternate version" and not "alternate take" has me a bit pessamistic about the 2 cd verison and the 5 disc box.
The vinyl package, the 2CD disc itself, AAAAANNNND a really cool, new Vinyl Singles Box made just for Record Store Day - Black Friday.
It's a cool-ass looking box with four 7" vinyl singles from L.A. Woman, one single of which is studio dialogue and alternate takes of ROTS and, I believe, LAW.
All sleeves are EXACT reproductions of international sleeves from around the world. "The Changeling," for instance, is from Spain, and it's called merely "Changeling," with a cool blue "posterized" image of Jim's head from a Brodsky photo.
The box will also contain an exact reproduction of the original "Electric Woman" poster that came with the LP.
Limited to 5,000 boxes, ONLY available at indie record stores on Record Store Day. And, 'cause we try to be good like that, on www.thedoors.com. $49.98.
Botnick in Uncut Magazine, Sept. 2011, page 45:
'"Riders On The Storm" is Take 2. Take 1 was a false start. You're hearing it without the thunder-storm, so it has a different atmosphere. John, Robby and I have all individually claimed over the years that the thunderstorm was our idea, but when I listened back, I could clearly hear Jim say. 'Hey, thunder - that's a good idea-why don't we put thunder on it? We could, uh, get some from Arizona.'"
Do i have to show you guys everything? This is Jeff's post from a while ago this is the vinyl version but the cds will have the same songs!! Read disc 2 Riders all alternate version 9 minutes no false chatter, your welcome!!
This is NOT the "40th Anniversary Mixes" version. Those versions are going away forever. We had our 40th Anniversary, they were special remixes, we're now past that, and I believe "special" should be just that - they've disappeared.
This is the Doors Vinyl mastering (with some tweaks for digital Redbook), as done by Bruce Botnick, Bernie Grundman and Jac Holzman for The Doors Vinyl Box(!)
10. Riders On The Storm [7:08]
1. The Changeling (Alternate Version) [4:45]
2. Love Her Madly (Alternate Version) [3:59]
3. Cars Hiss By My Window (Alternate Version) [4:42]
4. L.A. Woman (AlternateVersion) [8:50]
5. TheWASP (Texas Radio and The Big Beat) (AlternateVersion) [5:37]
6. Been Down So Long (Alternate Version) [4:53]
7. Riders On The Storm (Alternate Version) [9:11]
8. She Smells So Nice / Rock Me [4:41/4:30] [9:11]
ything? This is Jeff's post from a while ago this is the vinyl version but the cds will have the same songs!! Read disc 2 Riders alternate version 9 minutes your welcome!!
Here's what I know:
1. The 5-CD Box Set will feature ALL the outtakes, alternate takes and studio dialogue we have from the LAW sessions;
2. The 7" Singles Box for Record Store Day will feature the three original singles: The Changeling, Love Her Madly, and Riders On The Storm - and then one 7" single featuring alternate takes and studio dialogue of "L.A. Woman" b/w "Riders On The Storm." And the original "Electric Woman" poster. ll boxes will be serial-numbered, only 5000 made.