GREAT NEWS ON LA WOMAN DELUXE!

1418 replies to this topic

#121 The Royal Sperm

The Royal Sperm

Devil Sperm

• Members
  • 3,090 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 02:05 AM

great news jeff, thanks! i want to pre order right now!

so, what the surprise is? early stuff? live or studio?

btw... any news on musictoday? last time i paid 25 bucks for a 30 bucks t-shirt ... is insane!

and when i bought the matrix poster, the WYS poster, the new york bundle ... S&H prices are so high! please do something jeff, thanks
Waiting for the Big Fat Black Complete Matrix Box Set!

#122 hardrockcafe

hardrockcafe

• Members
  • 806 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 03:40 AM

5. On a COMPLETELY different note, you are not gonna BELIIIEEEEVE what I just took delivery of today. I think-a you-a gonna be-a surprised!!! (Has nothing to do with LA Woman - in fact, just the opposite)

Did you get the studio alternate take multitrack session tapes that were recently being sold on auction? If so, will they be released?

Also, can you confirm if Paris Blues will be included in the L.A Woman set/s?

#123 secrethostofthetownship

secrethostofthetownship

• Members
  • 3,501 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 09:10 AM

Hi:

4. The deluxe 4-CD package will contain ALL outtakes/alternate takes/studio chatter that we have (warts 'n all, just for you guys);

Too cool Jeff.Too cool.

Thanks SO MUCH.I really like the last few words here especially "just for you guys".Can't wait for the pre-orders.Here is hoping that they'll be enough limited editions for each of us diehards.

And as for the other tid-bits (#5 & #5) i can't wait to hear (&/or see?) what these will be all about.

Again,HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE THANKS for all the efforts you folks have done for us fans over the years!

Can't wait.Can't wait.

#124 Roughie

Roughie

Rider on the Boards

• Members
  • 1,432 posts
  • Interests:Writing, film making, photography, comedy, horses, music.

Posted 20 August 2011 - 11:35 AM

Hi Jeff,

Is it Jim singing "She Smells so Nice"?
The Down, Across & Up DVD is now available. It is a multi-region DVD. The DVD and book are available through our website.

www.downacrossup.com

www.purplesheep.co.nz

#125 Zsolt Zsakai

Zsolt Zsakai

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 02:12 PM

I just wanna see the tracklist.

#126 hilts

hilts

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 04:10 PM

Too cool Jeff.Too cool.

Thanks SO MUCH.I really like the last few words here especially "just for you guys".Can't wait for the pre-orders.Here is hoping that they'll be enough limited editions for each of us diehards.

And as for the other tid-bits (#5 & #5) i can't wait to hear (&/or see?) what these will be all about.

Again,HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE THANKS for all the efforts you folks have done for us fans over the years!

Can't wait.Can't wait.

What would be cool would be the ability to sign up for a pre-order email alert. Ya know, receive an email once the pre-order is up.

#127 tombstoneroad

tombstoneroad

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 12:58 PM

I really can't wait for this release!!!! Hmm... I'm thinking what Jeff has acquired may be something related to their early career as has been speculated. One of the Ondine shows in early 1967 would be awesome! Then again, to coincide with it's anniversary it could well be something related to Other Voices. Suspense sucks!

#128 Pats Radio

Pats Radio

Senior

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 01:37 PM

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Pats Radio

B)

Edited by Pats Radio, 21 August 2011 - 07:39 PM.

Well that's New York for ya. The only people that rush the stage are guys. - Jim

#129 Silver Forest

Silver Forest

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 03:46 PM

Hi:
5. On a COMPLETELY different note, you are not gonna BELIIIEEEEVE what I just took delivery of today. I think-a you-a gonna be-a surprised!!! (Has nothing to do with LA Woman - in fact, just the opposite)

I guess consensual understanding is that by opposite (to L.A. Woman) means you got something from the early period.

Studio or live?

If live, the wish list is extensive covering early, multiple shows from legendary venues: Whisky-a-go-go, Avallon Ballroom, The Fillmores, Steve Paul the scene, Ondine, etc. Especially the first three there are known recordings from other bands. The existence of a recording of any of these shows would be explosive in The Doors world. A massive, wonderful explosion :) . I hope what you have is really something great but this does mean we can have another delay on the release of the Matrix shows?

If studio, who knows...

Any plans to reveal more about this?

Edited by Silver Forest, 21 August 2011 - 04:20 PM.

#130 Doorsmanagement

Doorsmanagement

Yo, 'sup?

• Members
  • 2,278 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 02:11 AM

Hi Jeff,

Is it Jim singing "She Smells so Nice"?

Yep!

#131 Doorsmanagement

Doorsmanagement

Yo, 'sup?

• Members
  • 2,278 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 02:14 AM

Did you get the studio alternate take multitrack session tapes that were recently being sold on auction? If so, will they be released?

Also, can you confirm if Paris Blues will be included in the L.A Woman set/s?

No, we can't include it, because we don't have a usable version. The Doors won't approve it until we exhaust all options. And we haven't exhausted all options yet. I can't really get into it, other than to say, sadly, that we are not including it in the L.A. Woman 40th package. BELIEVE me, I want to almost as badly as you guys want it - and also please believe me, no reason NOT to give it to you if we could. But right now, for the foreseeable future, we can't.

#132 Doorsmanagement

Doorsmanagement

Yo, 'sup?

• Members
  • 2,278 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 02:14 AM

I just wanna see the tracklist.

Workin' on that for you guys. Hold tight.

#133 crazyhorse80

crazyhorse80

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 03:34 AM

No, we can't include it, because we don't have a usable version. The Doors won't approve it until we exhaust all options. And we haven't exhausted all options yet. I can't really get into it, other than to say, sadly, that we are not including it in the L.A. Woman 40th package. BELIEVE me, I want to almost as badly as you guys want it - and also please believe me, no reason NOT to give it to you if we could. But right now, for the foreseeable future, we can't.

Damn, that's kind of a bummer about "Paris Blues," but I was wondering Jeff, if you might be able to find out through Botnick or any of the other three Doors, if "Paris Blues" was the working title of the song?? Because, as I mentioned before, it'd be pretty ironic as to to the events that happened on July 3, 1971, if that was the actual name of the song Morrison had intended before he set off for France. Or, was that just the name of the song the remaining three labeled it after?

And on a side note, I'm not saying it's sad, but it seems like the band, and or their studio team, might have taken a little more care of the "Paris Blues" recording, and possibly have had the wherewithal to make duplicates, knowing it was one of the last recordings Jim made with the group. Just seems a little more important than saving a hot dog wrapper Jim might have tossed in the trash...

#134 thelamb

thelamb

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 04:44 AM

Jeff, this is the first news I've heard of the alternate multi masters being auctioned. Was the Doors camp made aware of this auction...I would think you guys would be all over them. Do you believe there is anything on these masters the Doors don't already have a safety copy of in the vault?

Edited by thelamb, 22 August 2011 - 04:44 AM.

#135 Doorsmanagement

Doorsmanagement

Yo, 'sup?

• Members
  • 2,278 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 07:28 AM

Jeff, this is the first news I've heard of the alternate multi masters being auctioned. Was the Doors camp made aware of this auction...I would think you guys would be all over them. Do you believe there is anything on these masters the Doors don't already have a safety copy of in the vault?

Huh?

Which "alternate masters" being auctioned are you referring to here?

#136 Doorsmanagement

Doorsmanagement

Yo, 'sup?

• Members
  • 2,278 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 07:32 AM

Damn, that's kind of a bummer about "Paris Blues," but I was wondering Jeff, if you might be able to find out through Botnick or any of the other three Doors, if "Paris Blues" was the working title of the song?? Because, as I mentioned before, it'd be pretty ironic as to to the events that happened on July 3, 1971, if that was the actual name of the song Morrison had intended before he set off for France. Or, was that just the name of the song the remaining three labeled it after?

And on a side note, I'm not saying it's sad, but it seems like the band, and or their studio team, might have taken a little more care of the "Paris Blues" recording, and possibly have had the wherewithal to make duplicates, knowing it was one of the last recordings Jim made with the group. Just seems a little more important than saving a hot dog wrapper Jim might have tossed in the trash...

Do you THINK maybe there's more here than meets the eye - or do you just think The Doors and Botnick are that cavalier and dumb?

#137 4 billion souls

4 billion souls

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 09:14 AM

HEY JEFF DO YOU EVER READ YOUR E-MAIL?BECAUSE THAT AUCTION HE OR SHE IS TALKING ABOUT I SENT THAT INFORMATION IN JULY "alternate masters" OF THE DOORS TAPES WHERE BEING AUCTION OFF.

#138 tombstoneroad

tombstoneroad

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 11:59 AM

Jeff, thank you for all the info you have been able to provide regarding LAW (and all other projects and releases thus far). It's very much appreciated and I'm looking forward to a pre-order date and of course the potential for the new item you have uncovered. Certainly it would be nice if the Doors didn't guard release info like Area 51 secrets but, as you say, it's their band.. Thanks again!

#139 crazyhorse80

crazyhorse80

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 02:10 PM

Do you THINK maybe there's more here than meets the eye - or do you just think The Doors and Botnick are that cavalier and dumb?

I was just assuming that if there wasn't a usable version, than what's been reported here about Ray's kid accidentally recording over the tape and all of the stories about how it was lost or damaged might actually be true. I know you're not at liberty to really discuss these things, but when WE don't know the whole story, all we can really do is speculate...

#140 hardrockcafe

hardrockcafe

• Members
  • 806 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 02:23 PM

Huh?

Which "alternate masters" being auctioned are you referring to here?

Jeff

These are some images posted for the recent auction for Doors studio tapes. Did the band acquire them? There is a discussion about them on another Doors forum.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by hardrockcafe, 22 August 2011 - 02:29 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users