Photo

London Fog Recording!!

345 replies to this topic

#341 queenhwy

queenhwy

• Members
  • 2,146 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:17 AM

I think it's probable that the market is not strong enough to support these "collector" releases. I buy them and you all do, however if they don't generate more mainstream interest, I expect there is little motivation to get them released or available. We have all seen and heard the hype to generate more interest ("Year of he Doors" etc), but in the end, the hype fizzled out and die-hard fans were left scratching our heads about all the titles we were told were still coming. I suppose "Best of" Cd's, T-shirts and coffee mugs help keep the Doors "brand" out there, but it doesn't really do much to keep the music relevant and interesting.

The live recordings and studio extras keep the fans excited and the music (and band) interesting. It's unfortunate these archive releases - of new and interesting performances - have ground to a halt or are being shelved. I think that's a shame because if properly handled and promoted, I think it has the potential to be quite successful...

You are so right! They market to the masses, not the hardcore fans. It is too bad. They don't seem to listen to anything the fans want.

Maybe someday!
The future's uncertain
And the end is always near.

#342 daniel@falaschi.net

daniel@falaschi.net

• Registered Users
  • 298 posts
  • Interests:Music<br />Outdoors sports<br />Geology

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:43 AM

And do you think that releasing by 6345th time the videos of Break on Through, Touch me, Wild Child, Light my Fire etc etc in the latest DVD has more market than a new live release? The DMC management has ruined the situation many times, they can´t blame anyone but themselves for the failure of many announced-never concreted live releases. that is only my opinion.
Bring back the Q&A thread!

#343 StupidGirl

StupidGirl

• Banned
  • 2,835 posts
  • Interests:the truth...for it can be adjusted.....

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:17 AM

*Jeff, he's the tall one over there in the corner,with promises yet to come*

#344 Encuentro

Encuentro

• Members
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 04:31 AM

If The London Fog is going to be a limited release, would Record Store Day be a good day to release it? Many artists release rare and limited recordings on RSD. Just throwing it out there as a possibility. If the demand for this release is high on RSD, a later standard release could be considered.

#345 hardrockcafe

hardrockcafe

• Members
  • 806 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 02:07 PM

Hi Jeff and Dave,

Any news on London Fog for 2014?

Thanks! 

#346 Pats Radio

Pats Radio

Senior

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 02:22 PM

Hi Jeff and Dave,

Any news on London Fog for 2014?

Thanks! 

Ditto!!!!

Well that's New York for ya. The only people that rush the stage are guys. - Jim

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users