Jimmy Fallon unleashes his inner Jim

10 replies to this topic

#1 WyldChyld

WyldChyld

• Members
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:Too numerous to mention

Posted 12 November 2011 - 04:10 AM

Jimmy Fallon sings a Doors Parody of Childrens books with enhanced leather pants!

http://www.latenight...-rainbow-theme/

#2 Dawn Visitation

Dawn Visitation

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 05:15 AM

Combine The Doors with Reading Rainbow theme, I wonder why. :D :P

#3 daverse

daverse

• Members
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 01:53 AM

lol..fucking brilliant, jimmy.

i DVR his show every night...but i'm a little behind on episodes..

was this on last night??

#4 ChrisN

ChrisN

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 03:02 AM

Wow, that was awesome. "...there's a monster at the end of this book...," my daughter's been reading that book the last 2 weeks.

They used exact set, outfits and instruments (including the very rare gold sparkle piano bass) used on the Ed Sullivan show...well done. According to someone on the Fender Rhodes forum it's "The Soft Parade" tribute band's gear. Very cool.

#5 pegasus

pegasus

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Interests:I love my family & i Love music & have been a doors fan for many years,music that i love today is Pearl Jam& ,Neil Young. i also love,All things paranormal,& art, Real people.

Posted 18 November 2011 - 12:02 PM

Jimmy Fallon sings a Doors Parody of Childrens books with enhanced leather pants!

I saw this recently it's so awesome, Jim would be amused...How about Robbie, Ray, John,I think they love it also.

#6 snowman2

snowman2

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 05:57 PM

I saw this recently it's so awesome, Jim would be amused...How about Robbie, Ray, John,I think they love it also.

The gear was definitely from the Soft Parade. I'm friends with Mike Abel, the organist and saw on FB that the set people used hot glue gun to put the flowers on the top of the piano bass. He had no knowledge of that until he went to remove them... He was horrified,but apparently he was able to remove it ok.

#7 mizscarlett43

mizscarlett43

Bitch Emeritus

• Members
  • 5,774 posts
  • Interests:Politics; History (Medieval English, Victorian English and American, esp. William Bonney/Lincoln County War); Permaculture; Mexican and Moroccan Folk Art and Vernacular Architecture

Posted 18 November 2011 - 06:44 PM

"Enhanced" is right--you could fit two of the real Jim in there! Posted Image

(Kilmer had the same problem, from the stills I've seen. Besides looking nothing like Jim in the face, he was waaay too broad in the beam.)

But they both got The Voice down pretty good, didn't they?
I still believe in the Cosmic Giggle, even if Rolling Stone doesn't any more.

#8 Hamlet

Hamlet

• Members
  • 2,956 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:38 PM

really something!
we´s just joy-ridin´

#9 pegasus

pegasus

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Interests:I love my family & i Love music & have been a doors fan for many years,music that i love today is Pearl Jam& ,Neil Young. i also love,All things paranormal,& art, Real people.

Posted 07 January 2012 - 02:49 AM

Jimmy Fallon does a great Jim Morrison, i had not relized how talented Fallon is, also check out him doing Neil Young. Awesome.

#10 Shelby68

Shelby68

• Members
  • 927 posts
  • Interests:Music, nature, the getting of wisdom

Posted 11 January 2012 - 04:24 PM

Jimmy Fallon does a great Jim Morrison, i had not relized how talented Fallon is, also check out him doing Neil Young. Awesome.

He was really funny as Neil Young earnestly singing Willow Smith's vapid "Whip My Hair" - that was brilliant. He's a little stiff (his body language, people) as Jim but still a great job. The way they recreated the Ed Sullivan Show set piece is amazing, so detailed!

#11 vomit

vomit

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:03 AM

He was really funny as Neil Young earnestly singing Willow Smith's vapid "Whip My Hair" - that was brilliant. He's a little stiff (his body language, people) as Jim but still a great job. The way they recreated the Ed Sullivan Show set piece is amazing, so detailed!

Looks like the link was taken down. Does anyone know where a new one can be found???/

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users