Photo

Cliff facing life in jail?

70 replies to this topic

#1 crazyhorse80

crazyhorse80

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:22 PM

Just stumbled across this and don't remember seeing this posted anywhere on here before. Just wondering if anyone else knows anymore about this...

Man claiming to the Jim Morrison's son turns down prosecutor's deal in robbery trial

#2 mizscarlett43

mizscarlett43

Bitch Emeritus

• Members
  • 5,774 posts
  • Interests:Politics; History (Medieval English, Victorian English and American, esp. William Bonney/Lincoln County War); Permaculture; Mexican and Moroccan Folk Art and Vernacular Architecture

Posted 29 November 2011 - 11:48 PM

Just stumbled across this and don't remember seeing this posted anywhere on here before. Just wondering if anyone else knows anymore about this...

Man claiming to the Jim Morrison's son turns down prosecutor's deal in robbery trial

Good for Cliff. Just as his father did, he's got principles. But I was afraid something like this would happen. I wish he'd got out of California until such time as that loony (and entirely unworkable) 3-strikes law is banished back to the 16th C. where it came from.
I still believe in the Cosmic Giggle, even if Rolling Stone doesn't any more.

#3 Defiance

Defiance

Jump Ball

• Banned Users
  • 0 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 02:18 AM

Good for Cliff. Just as his father did, he's got principles. But I was afraid something like this would happen. I wish he'd got out of California until such time as that loony (and entirely unworkable) 3-strikes law is banished back to the 16th C. where it came from.

I doubt you know who Cliff's father is. I mean, even his mother doesn't know.

There are like 10,000 random people who pretend/claim that Jim Morrison is their father. Why is this one any different from the rest of the freaks?

You would at least expect that Jim's real child would look something like him, not to mention sound like him just a little.

Cliff Marsden does not look like Jim, nor does he sound like him. There is no vocal similarity.

This guy doesn't even know how to sing.

Also, regarding 3-strikes, blame the people who voted for Gov. Gray Davis... and the current Brown piece of doo.

Edited by Defiance, 30 November 2011 - 02:20 AM.

#4 Shebang

Shebang

• Members
  • 2,029 posts
  • Interests:LEATHER PANTS

Posted 30 November 2011 - 03:03 AM

Thanks for the update. :)

A couple of months ago we had a bit of discussion about Cliff in one of the other forums. Here's a link.

http://www.thedoors....ndpost&p=366588

I still think that Cliff would have been better off not knowing who his father was.

#5 Defiance

Defiance

Jump Ball

• Banned Users
  • 0 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 05:03 AM

I still think that Cliff would have been better off not knowing who his father was.

:wacko: Uh....he doesn't know.

I think you must mean that he would have been better off actually knowing, since then he wouldn't be making up this whole Morrison story.

This is all an act that Cliff is doing (i.e. the funny faces he makes, the fake voice affect, the pauses in his speech, the long hair). Can't you see through it as everyone else does?

#6 mizscarlett43

mizscarlett43

Bitch Emeritus

• Members
  • 5,774 posts
  • Interests:Politics; History (Medieval English, Victorian English and American, esp. William Bonney/Lincoln County War); Permaculture; Mexican and Moroccan Folk Art and Vernacular Architecture

Posted 30 November 2011 - 04:52 PM

:wacko: Uh....he doesn't know.

I think you must mean that he would have been better off actually knowing, since then he wouldn't be making up this whole Morrison story.

This is all an act that Cliff is doing (i.e. the funny faces he makes, the fake voice affect, the pauses in his speech, the long hair). Can't you see through it as everyone else does?

Best ignore the jealous troll, everybody. He's talking out of his behind as always.

Cliff underwent the necessary genetic testing in 1992 when he was first told his father's identity, and went on to develop a close relationship with his paternal grandparents, the loss of whom I expect he's feeling acutely.

Anyone who's interested in his story can do a search on "Cliff Morrison" and find the relevant thread(s).

On edit: Make that thread "Jim's Child," but be warned: you'll have to wade through an enormous amount of trolling from Jeremy and several others to get to the relevant posts in that 35-page ramble.

Edited by mizscarlett43, 30 November 2011 - 08:16 PM.

#7 daverse

daverse

• Members
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 05:10 PM

Lennie Lorraine Widen, who identified herself at the courthouse as Morrison's mother, says her son was given a DNA test in 1992. Al Taylor, a former producer and public relations man for Cliff Morrison, claims the estate of Jim Morrison got the results and didn't challenge them.

"The family has never denied it," Taylor said.

Either way, Morrison's purported lineage would likely have little bearing, if any, on his case in West Valley Superior Court.

"He's facing life (in state prison)," Touny said. "He's a third-striker."

#8 Just Another Dark Witness

Just Another Dark Witness

I'm hiding THE BLUE BUS.... In my pants!

• Members
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 06:20 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I heard a radio interview with Cliff from maybe 2 or 3 years ago. He says he took the Dna test in 1992 and Jim's parents (and lawyers) didn't deny or confirm the results. He made it sound like he never met the Morrison's. They only sent him a letter saying good luck in your chosen field, live a clean life, and see ya later. It was implied, hey don't come looking for any money here. All of which I'm sure has messed up his life, from what he was saying. Anyway, the guy is going to jail soon for a long time, most likely. In one picture of him I saw, yes, he had a total "Morrison" face.
Fish heads fish heads, roly poly fish heads...... Eat them up, yum....

#9 mizscarlett43

mizscarlett43

Bitch Emeritus

• Members
  • 5,774 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 06:49 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I heard a radio interview with Cliff from maybe 2 or 3 years ago. He says he took the Dna test in 1992 and Jim's parents (and lawyers) didn't deny or confirm the results. He made it sound like he never met the Morrison's. They only sent him a letter saying good luck in your chosen field, live a clean life, and see ya later. It was implied, hey don't come looking for any money here. All of which I'm sure has messed up his life, from what he was saying. Anyway, the guy is going to jail soon for a long time, most likely. In one picture of him I saw, yes, he had a total "Morrison" face.

No, that's not true, though Cliff may have given that impression deliberately in order to protect his grandparents.

As I understand it--from a mutual friend of Cliff's and mine--his grandfather the Admiral wanted him to go to university and then pursue a career in the military, even offering him a comfortable yearly stipend ($50,000 is the figure I heard) to do so, but Cliff was set on a career in music--and self-destruction, obviously.

Edited by mizscarlett43, 30 November 2011 - 08:18 PM.

#10 Just Another Dark Witness

• Members
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 06:58 PM

Interesting, Miz. Thanks~

#11 mizscarlett43

mizscarlett43

Bitch Emeritus

• Members
  • 5,774 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 07:04 PM

BTW, aren't you the Roly-Poly Fish Heads dude? and you live in L.A.?

So how is it you're not aware that Cliff won the 2008 L.A. Music Awards Album of the Year* (I think it was) for
Know Peaking?

*That may have been
honorary Album of the Year, since I believe KP was actually released in 1999.

On edit:
Know Peaking was released in 1998.

Edited by mizscarlett43, 30 November 2011 - 08:21 PM.

#12 Just Another Dark Witness

• Members
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 07:30 PM

Yeah, I'm the Fish Heads guy. heh... (Hey, go check out some of our other songs! Boogie Woogie Amputee, Party In My Pants, Cemetery Girls, and more!!) Didn't know about Cliff winning an award. I haven't checked out his music yet.

#13 jc1631

jc1631

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 03:09 AM

Yeah, I'm the Fish Heads guy. heh... (Hey, go check out some of our other songs! Boogie Woogie Amputee, Party In My Pants, Cemetery Girls, and more!!) Didn't know about Cliff winning an award. I haven't checked out his music yet.

ewww. no thanks. sounds like a desperate attempt at making music. :lol:

#14 mizscarlett43

mizscarlett43

Bitch Emeritus

• Members
  • 5,774 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 08:55 AM

ewww. no thanks. sounds like a desperate attempt at making music. :lol:

....while you sound like a desperate attempt to pick a fight. Posted Image

#15 Dawn Visitation

Dawn Visitation

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 03:34 PM

I'll just add one thing, since no one else seems to be paying attention to it. 3 strikes or not, he is accused of robbery, which is a serious crime and means there are victims in this case, he (if found guilty) made a choice to victimize other people! His is by far on the path Jim was on, would never compare Cliff with Jim. It's down right disrespectful to the Morrison family & Jim Morrison to compare Cliff's destructive choices/behavior with Jim's, there is a difference between these two men. Robbery makes it very obvious.

#16 Defiance

Defiance

Jump Ball

• Banned Users
  • 0 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 05:28 PM

Best ignore the jealous troll, everybody. He's talking out of his behind as always.

Cliff underwent the necessary genetic testing in 1992 when he was first told his father's identity, and went on to develop a close relationship with his paternal grandparents, the loss of whom I expect he's feeling acutely.

Anyone who's interested in his story can do a search on "Cliff Morrison" and find the relevant thread(s).

On edit: Make that thread "Jim's Child," but be warned: you'll have to wade through an enormous amount of trolling from Jeremy and several others to get to the relevant posts in that 35-page ramble.

Necessary for what exactly? No one was looking for him to get a test. What would they compare the Cliff-DNA sample to anyway? From what has been written, it sounds like there was frozen-semen samples of Jim's kept from when Morrison was still alive, but I doubt that Cliff and his laywer/producer/con-man would have access to the samples.

Lennie Lorraine Widen, who identified herself at the courthouse as Morrison's mother, says her son was given a DNA test in 1992. Al Taylor, a former producer and public relations man for Cliff Morrison, claims the estate of Jim Morrison got the results and didn't challenge them.

"The family has never denied it," Taylor said.

Either way, Morrison's purported lineage would likely have little bearing, if any, on his case in West Valley Superior Court.

"He's facing life (in state prison)," Touny said. "He's a third-striker."

Denying it would only give the outrageous claim some semblance of creedance. For instance, if a famous supposedly straight actor is caught with a transvestite in his car, he is better off not to make a statement denying that he is gay. Rather, he is better of staying quiet on the matter.

In other words, they [the Morrisons] don't have to deny anything. It is a lose-lose situation for the Morrison family should they say a word on the matter.

Also, if this PR man for Cliff is a 'former producer', then that says it all. A 'producer' is a another name for a scam-artist in the music biz.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I heard a radio interview with Cliff from maybe 2 or 3 years ago. He says he took the Dna test in 1992 and Jim's parents (and lawyers) didn't deny or confirm the results. He made it sound like he never met the Morrison's. They only sent him a letter saying good luck in your chosen field, live a clean life, and see ya later. It was implied, hey don't come looking for any money here. All of which I'm sure has messed up his life, from what he was saying.

The senior Mr. and Mrs. Morrison may have messed up Jim's life, but they played no part in what happened to Cliff.

Why would you pick out two random old people and try and force them to adopt you? Even if Cliff was Morrison's son (which he isn't), there is no justification for going after the Admiral and his wife. They are strangers.

The Morrison family would have no reason for 'confirming' DNA test results. They don't get anything out of it. It is not like they would be bringing a Grammy-award winning musical artist into the clan. :D

No, that's not true, though Cliff may have given that impression deliberately in order to protect his grandparents.

As I understand it--from a mutual friend of Cliff's and mine--his grandfather the Admiral wanted him to go to university and then pursue a career in the military, even offering him a comfortable yearly stipend ($50,000 is the figure I heard) to do so, but Cliff was set on a career in music--and self-destruction, obviously.

I think you mean a 'career in committing felonies'.

Also, while a career in music usually means a lifetime of drug-use, it doesn't have to equate to 'self-destruction'. God gives the music and provides the drugs needed to 'bring-out' said music, but God does not make people act the way that Cliff has.

P.S. I am sure that the Admiral wants every young man in the country to join the military, so that is hardly evidence of anything.

You have given zero evidence to support your 'Cliff Morrison' agenda.

Edited by Defiance, 01 December 2011 - 06:25 PM.

#17 Hamlet

Hamlet

• Members
  • 2,956 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 05:39 PM

Ha...ha...ha...
we´s just joy-ridin´

#18 mizscarlett43

mizscarlett43

Bitch Emeritus

• Members
  • 5,774 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 05:56 PM

I'll just add one thing, since no one else seems to be paying attention to it. 3 strikes or not, he is accused of robbery, which is a serious crime and means there are victims in this case, he (if found guilty) made a choice to victimize other people! His is by far on the path Jim was on, would never compare Cliff with Jim. It's down right disrespectful to the Morrison family & Jim Morrison to compare Cliff's destructive choices/behavior with Jim's, there is a difference between these two men. Robbery makes it very obvious.

You can take your disrespectful and stick it, Nina. This man is a Marine veteran of one of our "stupid little wars" (Poppy Bush's Desert Storm) with one hell of a case of PTSD and that, on top of an inherited tendency to depression and self-medication, has clearly pushed him over the edge, pushed him into attempting to commit what's come to be known as "suicide by cop."

New Mexico alone has had several such incidents just in the past year or two, all but one of them successful (i.e. fatal) IIRC.

Except in this case Cliff says he didn't do it, and you know, he just may be telling the truth. Ever think of that?

Edited by mizscarlett43, 01 December 2011 - 06:11 PM.

#19 mizscarlett43

mizscarlett43

Bitch Emeritus

• Members
  • 5,774 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 06:01 PM

Necessary for what exactly? No one was looking for him to get a test. What would they compare the Cliff DNA sample to anyway? From what has been written, it sounds like there was frozen-semen samples of Jim's kept from when Morrison was still alive, but I doubt that Cliff and his laywer/producer/con-man would have access to the samples.

Denying it would only give the outrageous claim some semblance of creedance. For instance, if a famous supposedly straight actor is caught with a transvestite in his car, he is better off not to make a statement denying that he is gay. Rather, he is better of staying quiet on the matter.

In other words, they [the Morrisons] don't have to deny anything. It is a lose-lose situation for the Morrison family.

Also, if this PR man for Cliff is a 'former producer', then that says it all. A 'producer' is a another name for a scam-artist in the music biz.

The senior Mr. and Mrs. Morrison may have messed up Jim's life, but they played no part in what happened to Cliff.

Why would you pick out two random old people and try and force them to adopt you? Even if Cliff was Morrison's son (which he isn't), there is no justification for going after the Admiral and his wife. They are strangers.

The Morrison family would have no reason for 'confirming' DNA test results. They don't get anything out of it. It is not like they would be bringing a Grammy-award winning musical artist into the clan. :D

I think you mean a 'career in committing felonies'.

Also, while a career in music usually means a lifetime of drug-use, it doesn't have to equate to 'self-destruction'. God gives the music and provides the drugs needed to make said music, but God does not make people act the way that Cliff has.

P.S. I am sure that the Admiral wants every young man in the country to join the military, so that is hardly evidence of anything.

You have given zero evidence to support your 'Cliff Morrison' agenda.

Go fuck yourself, Jeremy (it's a lead-pipe cinch no one will do it for you anyway). Posted Image
PS: A sample from Jim himself wasn't necessary for the test; Anne or Andy or even one of the senior Morrisons would have sufficed.

Edited by mizscarlett43, 01 December 2011 - 06:21 PM.

#20 Hamlet

Hamlet

• Members
  • 2,956 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 06:12 PM

You´re rignt on the money, Scarlett.
we´s just joy-ridin´

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users