Photo

Just Watched the LA Woman Documentary

5 replies to this topic

#1 vomit

vomit

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 04:38 AM

A really, really, good film. Sound & video were awesome. As they did not put the segments in order of tracking, I was a little disappointed in the outcome. They should have ended with ROTS than as the climax, LA Woman. The two best tracks. And you would leave with a real high, after listening to LA Woman. Anyone else feel the same. Overall a 9.5/10 effort for one of the best Doors albums ever!!!

#2 Sunday Trucker

Sunday Trucker

• Members
  • 2,722 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 11:49 PM

A really, really, good film. Sound & video were awesome. As they did not put the segments in order of tracking, I was a little disappointed in the outcome. They should have ended with ROTS than as the climax, LA Woman. The two best tracks. And you would leave with a real high, after listening to LA Woman. Anyone else feel the same. Overall a 9.5/10 effort for one of the best Doors albums ever!!!

The only thing I thought was missing was Jerry Schef interview and the other guitarrist, maybe I read somewhere, I thought they would be on the documentary.

Anyway it was an excelent celebration of the album. Now we see all the reasons why we love this album so much.

#3 Roughie

Roughie

Rider on the Boards

• Members
  • 1,432 posts
  • Interests:Writing, film making, photography, comedy, horses, music.

Posted 06 February 2012 - 12:08 AM

The only thing I thought was missing was Jerry Schef interview and the other guitarrist, maybe I read somewhere, I thought they would be on the documentary.

Anyway it was an excelent celebration of the album. Now we see all the reasons why we love this album so much.

Marc Benno.

yes they both should have been interviewed. Especially Scheff, he wasn't exactly just another session musician!
The Down, Across & Up DVD is now available. It is a multi-region DVD. The DVD and book are available through our website.

www.downacrossup.com

www.purplesheep.co.nz

#4 vomit

vomit

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 03:38 PM

Indeed. After the debut album, LA Woman is probably my fave. The documentary was excellent....even my wife liked it....great stuff for sure.

#5 thelamb

thelamb

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:06 AM

Indeed. After the debut album, LA Woman is probably my fave. The documentary was excellent....even my wife liked it....great stuff for sure.

Picked this up today on Blu-ray and it is simply fantastic...what a great documentary! Loved the bonus material. Thanks again to Jeff & The Doors for giving us another fantastic release. I really, really enjoyed this film.

#6 Pedro Kazit

Pedro Kazit

• Registered Users
  • 4,515 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:58 AM

In Brithis Public Television(BBC 4) this documentary(March 30 to April 2): http://www.bbc.co.uk...rammes/b01f7y7c

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users