Photo

MIZ IS MISSIN'

28 replies to this topic

#1 Salli

Salli

• Members
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:54 PM

Edited by Salli, 17 October 2013 - 10:11 PM.

#2 GG Morrison

GG Morrison

• Members
  • 909 posts
  • Interests:Killing threads.

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:13 AM

Oh, freakin' heck, what a bummer. Man, you can't keep ANYTHING in your car these days.
I hope she gets back online soon.

And very nice to see YOU here, Salli! :)

#3 GG Morrison

GG Morrison

• Members
  • 909 posts
  • Interests:Killing threads.

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:16 AM

Oh, and what's this about her taking Jim questions?? I didn't know about that! :o

I've always had a few. ;) :D

#4 *~adrienne~*

*~adrienne~*

• Members
  • 339 posts
  • Interests:Sirius XMU, books on bands from the late 60s/70s & non-fiction, Netflix (mostly horror films in my queue), art galleries, concerts, coffee, sugar free red bull and any combination of chocolate and peanut butter.

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:23 PM

Salli where have you been? I've missed you lady! Oh yeah I think she had a Mac that really sucks they're like wicked expensive. Oh and I have a 4-25-74 thread that neither of you have replied to! :(

Edited by *~adrienne~*, 01 May 2012 - 12:24 PM.

"Instant gratification takes too long!"
-Carrie Fisher

#5 queenhwy

queenhwy

• Members
  • 2,146 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:11 PM

Hi Salli...it's been a while. I hope you are well.

If Janet has a Mac, did she have the find my phone app? You can use it to find your ipad/ipod/iphone, etc. when it is lost or stolen.

Good luck to her. I hate when people steal stuff, it's not fair. If you can't afford your own then you don't deserve one!
The future's uncertain
And the end is always near.

#6 Defiance

Defiance

Jump Ball

• Banned Users
  • 0 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:53 PM

Salli where have you been? I've missed you lady! Oh yeah I think she had a Mac that really sucks they're like wicked expensive. Oh and I have a 4-25-74 thread that neither of you have replied to! :(

Nothing good can come of Apple; they tried to steal WTMO from Jim [and Us]. It is almost comical now that Apple [and Ray & Robby] thought that WTMO belonged in an ad for that the ugly box-Mac computer circa-2002. It wasn't even 'cutting edge' way back then. Apple used to be very lame. It has only been since this I-Pad revolution that Apple is now 'cool', but I still would urge everyone to avoid using Classic Rock songs in commercials.

Even if The Doors was in a commercial for a medical-cannabis product... it would be bad for Jim's karma.

Is it a coincidence that not long after the attempted theft of Jim's song by Apple, there were many natural disasters sent by God to places like New Orleans, Haiti, the Asian Tsunami-zone, etc....???

What I think happened is that Apple was practicing the same Voodoo that some people in Haiti and New Orleans were practicing.

Edited by Defiance, 01 May 2012 - 07:53 PM.

#7 Defiance

Defiance

Jump Ball

• Banned Users
  • 0 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:56 PM

Hi Salli...it's been a while. I hope you are well.

If Janet has a Mac, did she have the find my phone app? You can use it to find your ipad/ipod/iphone, etc. when it is lost or stolen.

Good luck to her. I hate when people steal stuff, it's not fair. If you can't afford your own then you don't deserve one!

Perhaps her comp is too old to run those apps. Regardless, can't someone merely power down the laptop (battery out), and therefore disable any app from transmitting a location? Furthermore, reinstalling the OS would delete any such program. There would need to be GPS installed, but then of course you are also giving your own location away when using it.

'Deserve' is a curious word when it comes to people and computers. I would say that someone whom steals an animal does not deserve one, but a computer is an inanimate object. I don't think it is ok to compare a laptop to a dog.

Do prisoners deserve daily access to computers?

Edited by Defiance, 01 May 2012 - 08:52 PM.

#8 *~adrienne~*

*~adrienne~*

• Members
  • 339 posts
  • Interests:Sirius XMU, books on bands from the late 60s/70s & non-fiction, Netflix (mostly horror films in my queue), art galleries, concerts, coffee, sugar free red bull and any combination of chocolate and peanut butter.

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:56 PM

Perhaps her comp is too old to run those apps. Regardless, can't someone merely power down the laptop (battery out), and therefore disable any app from transmitting a location? Furthermore, reinstalling the OS would delete any such program. There would need to be GPS installed, but then of course you are also giving your own location away when using it.

'Deserve' is a curious word when it comes to people and computers. I would say that someone whom steals an animal does not deserve one, but a computer is an inanimate object. I don't think it is ok to compare a laptop to a dog.

Do prisoners deserve daily access to computers?

Don't prisoners have daily access to computers? I think they do actually.
-Carrie Fisher

#9 jc1631

jc1631

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 06:40 AM

Sorry everybody, MizScarlett will be missing in action for awhile because someone stole her laptop from her car yesterday. So please keep your questions ready for her to answer when she gets back.

Thank you.

good, now maybe someone will steal her fingers too!

#10 jymwrite

jymwrite

• Members
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:45 PM

Is it a coincidence that not long after the attempted theft of Jim's song by Apple, there were many natural disasters sent by God to places like New Orleans, Haiti, the Asian Tsunami-zone, etc....???

Yes, it was.
Writing Under the Influence of Rock 'n' Roll! Jymsbooks

The Doors Examiner

#11 jymwrite

jymwrite

• Members
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:46 PM

Jeremy, you're the one who made the comparison.
Writing Under the Influence of Rock 'n' Roll! Jymsbooks

The Doors Examiner

#12 freedomgirl

freedomgirl

• Members
  • 374 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Music, Movies, Poetry, trying to get people in my little surrounding to learn to think on their own, not what they´re told..., to realize their head is the only place to be free.

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:36 PM

Jymwrite well done!Posted ImagePosted Image
...He communicated with emotion, rage, grace, and wisdom. He offered very little in the way of compromise...

#13 Defiance

Defiance

Jump Ball

• Banned Users
  • 0 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:38 AM

Jeremy, you're the one who made the comparison.

No, I said that such a comparison can not be made.

No one can not deserve a computer. I know you don't take English too seriously and intentionally leave errors in your blogs despite me having pointed out your grammatical errors to you, but please try and figure out what I am saying by using some logic here.

A dog is something that perhaps someone would not/does not deserve since it requires care that not everyone can give. A computer, however, is not something that someone can be undeserving of. A computer requires no care.

Computers are made in China!!! They are not sacred. Dogs are not made in China.... but they are eaten there.

If you think that computers are something that someone must be deserving of, then I can only imagine what you must have to say about God.

A computer is a computer. Not everyone deserves kids, but everyone does deserve a computer. The reason that everyone deserves a computer is because no one can not deserve one. By default, it is computers for everyone.........as well as weed for the prisoners.

Edit: Saying that someone does not deserve a computer is just code for some racist-speak. It is like saying that a Black man does not 'deserve' to cross the sreet or 'deserve' to walk on the sidewalk.

'Deserve' is a racist word when speaking of inanimate objects.

A White person telling a Black person they don't deserve a computer? Racist all the way.

The only time that a Black man can be told he does not deserve something is if it is Michael Vick or Chris Brown and you are telling him that he does not deserve a dog.

Edited by Defiance, 07 May 2012 - 06:45 AM.

#14 Defiance

Defiance

Jump Ball

• Banned Users
  • 0 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:56 AM

Don't prisoners have daily access to computers? I think they do actually.

I was being facetious.

The purpose of jail or prison is to keep rapists and murderers away from us. As long as they aren't studying up on how to break out, who cares what they research in the library either in books or online? I sure don't care. Let them play chess, chat on boards, update their relationship status, learn how to make hooch, etc.....

I am not into the whole 'torture' thing like Liberals are. I am in favor of settling this whole Middle Eastern/Jew vs Arab issue with sanctioned MMA bouts to determine an overall winner between the two sides.

#15 *~adrienne~*

*~adrienne~*

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:29 AM

I was being facetious.

The purpose of jail or prison is to keep rapists and murderers away from us. As long as they aren't studying up on how to break out, who cares what they research in the library either in books or online? I sure don't care. Let them play chess, chat on boards, update their relationship status, learn how to make hooch, etc.....

I am not into the whole 'torture' thing like Liberals are. I am in favor of settling this whole Middle Eastern/Jew vs Arab issue with sanctioned MMA bouts to determine an overall winner between the two sides.

You're totally weird defiance. Just sayin!
-Carrie Fisher

#16 Little Green

Little Green

Splishy Splashy

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmatio
  • 607 posts
  • Interests:Music & More

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:37 PM

Now she has the chance to go with "the solid" desktop. Laptops are one way or another, falible computers.
Silence blossoms.

#17 mizscarlett43

mizscarlett43

Bitch Emeritus

• Members
  • 5,774 posts
  • Interests:Politics; History (Medieval English, Victorian English and American, esp. William Bonney/Lincoln County War); Permaculture; Mexican and Moroccan Folk Art and Vernacular Architecture

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:45 AM

Oh, freakin' heck, what a bummer. Man, you can't keep ANYTHING in your car these days.
I hope she gets back online soon.

She's baaack, on the fancy MacBook Pro she treated herself to for her birthday. So where the heck are you? Where's everybody?
I still believe in the Cosmic Giggle, even if Rolling Stone doesn't any more.

#18 Encuentro

Encuentro

• Members
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:22 PM

Welcome back. How is that Mac Book? My computer recently broke as well, and I've been considering getting one when I work up the funds.

#19 Encuentro

Encuentro

• Members
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:23 PM

Oops. Yours was stolen, not broken.

#20 *~adrienne~*

*~adrienne~*

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:51 PM

Happy Belated Birthday Janet!!! So glad you're back the boards were DEAD without you!
-Carrie Fisher

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users