Photo

Doors in Cleveland 1970

3 replies to this topic

#1 ChrisN

ChrisN

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:28 PM

I'm sure this has been discussed back in the Bright Midnight concert days but the Mild Equator website posted 2 interesting vintage articles about the 3 Allen Theater / Cleveland, Ohio shows. Both articles mention that Elektra engineers were there taping for an upcoming live album (Absolutely Live I assume) and anyone there may be heard on tape. Were the articles' authors wrong, tapes disappear, still at large? Probably just mis-informed but there's not much else being talked about around here.

Chris

#2 Liberty Man

Liberty Man

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:54 AM

I'm sure this has been discussed back in the Bright Midnight concert days but the Mild Equator website posted 2 interesting vintage articles about the 3 Allen Theater / Cleveland, Ohio shows. Both articles mention that Elektra engineers were there taping for an upcoming live album (Absolutely Live I assume) and anyone there may be heard on tape. Were the articles' authors wrong, tapes disappear, still at large? Probably just mis-informed but there's not much else being talked about around here.

Chris

We know that audience recordings exist but are not in fan's hands.
But I remember very well Dany writing on the site at the beginning of BMR that several shows were going to be released and giving a few names for example, Boston, Bakersfield , Cleveland.
Later there has been some reactions from fans and the answer was "it was a mistake".
What is real, what is not, only persons who have access to the archive could say.

#3 Silver Forest

Silver Forest

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:23 AM

We know that audience recordings exist but are not in fan's hands.
But I remember very well Dany writing on the site at the beginning of BMR that several shows were going to be released and giving a few names for example, Boston, Bakersfield , Cleveland.
Later there has been some reactions from fans and the answer was "it was a mistake".
What is real, what is not, only persons who have access to the archive could say.

And there is also that mention to Fresno. I think (I may be wrong) it was on The Bright Midnight Sampler. We have so little that we pick all those mistakes.
I don't recall to read any review from those Cleveland shows. Probably they we on the same level of other from '70. My favourite is definitely Hawaii.

#4 Liberty Man

Liberty Man

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:50 PM

And there is also that mention to Fresno. I think (I may be wrong) it was on The Bright Midnight Sampler. We have so little that we pick all those mistakes.
I don't recall to read any review from those Cleveland shows. Probably they we on the same level of other from '70. My favourite is definitely Hawaii.

You are right, Fresno was also one of these shows.
It was on the official site, I have an old copy of its main page, in "upcomming release" section, I have no copy of that one. It was just when "Boot Yer Butt" was released, there is a mention of the release on the main page.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users