Dinner Key Theater to be blown to smithereens

53 replies to this topic

#41 manhime

manhime

• Members
  • 890 posts
  • Interests:Peppermint Girl's

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:42 AM

Nope--she was well before my time. Jim was driving a leased 1971 Dodge Challenger by the time I came along.

Did he name all his cars?

#42 mizscarlett43

mizscarlett43

Bitch Emeritus

• Members
  • 5,774 posts
  • Interests:Politics; History (Medieval English, Victorian English and American, esp. William Bonney/Lincoln County War); Permaculture; Mexican and Moroccan Folk Art and Vernacular Architecture

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:04 AM

Did he name all his cars?

No, unless you want to call his reference to the leased Challenger as "my chartreuse car" naming it. :lol:

Didn't Elektra give Jim the Mustang because they were giving all the Doors gifts after the enormous success Light My Fire and the first album? And John asked for a horse, Ray and Robby asked for specific amps and instruments--and Jim specifically requested the Mustang Shelby Cobra? Seems to me that's what I've read, anyway…

Edited by mizscarlett43, 08 November 2013 - 01:06 AM.

I still believe in the Cosmic Giggle, even if Rolling Stone doesn't any more.

#43 Shelby68

Shelby68

• Members
  • 927 posts
  • Interests:Music, nature, the getting of wisdom

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:52 PM

Yes, the Shelby Mustang was a gift from Elektra in the autumn of 1967. I thought all of the band members got a car of their choice, but not sure.

#44 mizscarlett43

mizscarlett43

Bitch Emeritus

• Members
  • 5,774 posts
  • Interests:Politics; History (Medieval English, Victorian English and American, esp. William Bonney/Lincoln County War); Permaculture; Mexican and Moroccan Folk Art and Vernacular Architecture

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:28 PM

Yes, the Shelby Mustang was a gift from Elektra in the autumn of 1967. I thought all of the band members got a car of their choice, but not sure.

Not sure but I think they got whatever they asked for. I believe John got a horse, Ray and Robby got instruments/amps etc. and Jim got the car. Could be wrong of course, and I'm sure someone will correct me if I am.

#45 StupidGirl

StupidGirl

• Banned
  • 2,835 posts
  • Interests:the truth...for it can be adjusted.....

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:52 AM

You're still on to cars? Mizz Scarlett, never met a more stuck up mf, than my kitty, than Manhime.Is he by the typhoon....?

#46 Shelby68

Shelby68

• Members
  • 927 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:09 PM

Oh gosh, I hope Manhime is OK. Palau looks like it was in the path of the typhoon.

#47 mizscarlett43

mizscarlett43

Bitch Emeritus

• Members
  • 5,774 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:07 PM

Oh gosh, I hope Manhime is OK. Palau looks like it was in the path of the typhoon.

Yikes, that's scary… Manhime, talk to us! Please…?

Edited by mizscarlett43, 12 November 2013 - 06:13 PM.

#48 queenhwy

queenhwy

• Members
  • 2,146 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:48 PM

I never even thought of that! The island is right before the Philippines. I read a news report, it said no casualties, but the island was devastated by the typhoon!

If that is the case it may be a while before he's back online. I'm not sure how he'd get in touch with us here.

I hope you and your family are safe, Manhime! My thoughts and well wishes are with you and the Philippines too! Just in case he sees this! :)

Edited by queenhwy, 12 November 2013 - 09:48 PM.

The future's uncertain
And the end is always near.

#49 kid

kid

• Members
  • 120 posts
  • Interests:Smart Women. Twilight. Astronomy, History, the mountains , the ocean,. Adventure in the moons glow, Mythology

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:36 PM

Dinner key auditorium is gone, history. Went by there the other day, leveled. Kinda was say to see that. I was there in 69 , man time has flown. 15 then, now 60. WOW

#50 kid

kid

• Members
  • 120 posts
  • Interests:Smart Women. Twilight. Astronomy, History, the mountains , the ocean,. Adventure in the moons glow, Mythology

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:46 PM

Sad i meant. Also there was an article in the miami herald last week about the auditorium being torn down, and of course Jim was brought up about the concert there. Jim lives on in Miami.

#51 kid

kid

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:54 PM

No TNT- just bulldozed. The future is uncertain, the end is always near.

#52 flashing bliss

flashing bliss

FB

• Members
  • 785 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:16 AM

Thanks for the news. I wonder if the auditorium hosted other legendary performances? One thing springs to mind is that I've never read that Jim visited Miami before he was famous.
Flash

#53 Shelby68

Shelby68

• Members
  • 927 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:47 PM

True, I don't think Jim was in Miami prior to "the incident." He knew Clearwater/St. Petersburg very well, and Tallahassee.

Everytime I see this, I feel like shouting a la Charlton Heston in Planet of the Apes, "You damn dirty apes!" Bastardos. Why couldn't they leave it be.

Posted Image

Edited by Shelby68, 06 February 2014 - 09:57 PM.

#54 flashing bliss

flashing bliss

FB

• Members
  • 785 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 04:54 PM

lol great quote. The main thing though is Jim got the pardon.
Flash

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)