Photo

Please Read: New Doors.com Website

No replies to this topic

#1 FamiliarFreak

FamiliarFreak

• Super Administrators
  • 5,873 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:15 PM

For those of you who don’t know this already, The Doors have launched a new, totally revamped website (https://thedoors.com/home) designed to be a place for fans to go for all things Doors. They listened to the fans when they felt the old site was not up to Doors standards (ok, it was bad!) and really tried to give you guys what you were asking for in this new site. Not only do they have Doors news, photo galleries and a new Doors store, but they have added a Doors live show list complete with setlists, and new social capabilities that will allow fans to comment on live shows, add photos, post content and interact on the new site, plus more social features. I would encourage all of you to go sign up, take a look around and start contributing. I am personally very excited about the live show list and will be contributing heavily to it. I hope you guys will as well! One other new feature is that they have a fully functional mobile site. Check it out on your phone or tablet and see what you think.

After you get your feet wet and spend some time on the new site, management wants to know what you think, so please fill out this survey. And be honest.. but keep it classy please! https://www.surveymo....com/s/thedoors

I know a lot of you guys are thinking, “What does this mean to these existing Doors forums”? Well, we have had many conversations and put a lot of thought into this. While the new site does replace a lot of the functionality of these forums, we will not just “turn the old forums off”. We will have a transition period, really however long you guys need. We think that over time, once you get the hang of the new site, you will be able to get the same experience there that you do here, plus a lot more. I think everyone will know when it is time to disable these forums and say goodbye. In all honesty, due to spammers, we have been unable to take in many new members here in the last few years, and it has become a bit stagnant. On the new site that will not be a problem, and that means access to many more fans all over the world and a ton of interaction. Although it isn’t the same format as this forum, it really accomplishes a lot of the same things.. just in a different way. It just takes some time to get used to it. I’m just like you guys and was a bit hesitant about the whole thing, but once I started really getting into it, I changed my tune pretty quickly.

Well, I’m done talking here. Let me know what you guys think.

Dave

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users