1939-2013

208 replies to this topic

#201 manhime

manhime

• Members
  • 890 posts
  • Interests:Peppermint Girl's

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:56 PM

Well, as I'm sure you know, it was Pam who opened the boutique. Jim just financed it to please her. He was very generous with his money.

I know that ,but ALL MORTALITY aside. A bar by Jim would of been very successful. Operated by Pam . A place for Jim to hang out and for fan to go say hello.

Of course back to using Morals. It would the last thing Jim needed. Endless FREE drinks

#202 Encuentro

Encuentro

• Members
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:04 AM

It would the last thing Jim needed. Endless FREE drinks

And it might be bad for business, like a coke dealer addicted to his own product.

#203 mizscarlett43

mizscarlett43

Bitch Emeritus

• Members
  • 5,774 posts
  • Interests:Politics; History (Medieval English, Victorian English and American, esp. William Bonney/Lincoln County War); Permaculture; Mexican and Moroccan Folk Art and Vernacular Architecture

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:38 AM

I know that ,but ALL MORTALITY aside. A bar by Jim would of been very successful. Operated by Pam . A place for Jim to hang out and for fan to go say hello.

Of course back to using Morals. It would the last thing Jim needed. Endless FREE drinks

There you go being censorious again. Alcoholism is A DISEASE, quite possibly inherited. It has nothing whatsoever to do with morals.
I still believe in the Cosmic Giggle, even if Rolling Stone doesn't any more.

#204 manhime

manhime

• Members
  • 890 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:47 AM

There you go being censorious again. Alcoholism is A DISEASE, quite possibly inherited. It has nothing whatsoever to do with morals.

I am here to please you Janet.

#205 queenhwy

queenhwy

• Members
  • 2,146 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:06 AM

Were you there before the Euro? If so the Franc was not that bad. Always 5 to 6 per $1

The bar was/is called the Lizard King.

http://beta.dawn.com...e-to-close-them

They have/had drinks called LTF and Soft Parade (the weakest of all the drinks)
The doors manager made a valid point. The owner of the bar made no request and even if he did the answer is no. What if you went in to get a drink and you did not like your LFM cocktail. You could then blame the DOORS. Maybe call up Ray, Robbie or John and ask for your $10 back. lol

I always wondered why Jim opened a Dress shop and not a BAR.

Yes, I was there when it was the Franc. It was about $4-5 US dollars for a coca cola. One 35 mm Kodak film was $11! It was a choice between film for the camera or food. I had to pick food. No digital cameras back then!

And I remember reading about the bar and that The Doors orginazation was not happy with it. I never went to it. We stuck to little local places, nothing fancy.
The future's uncertain
And the end is always near.

#206 Pedro Kazit

Pedro Kazit

• Registered Users
  • 4,515 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:51 AM

Ray death in Switzerland public radio TV("SRF")-German language-(May 21, 2013): http://www.srf.ch/ku...k-ist-gestorben

#207 Fararden

Fararden

• Members
  • 173 posts
  • Interests:Activities that have no meaning.

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:14 PM

RIP. MM lovely eulogy. The world is a lesser place with ray gone. x

#208 manhime

manhime

• Members
  • 890 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:54 AM

RIP. MM lovely eulogy. The world is a lesser place with ray gone. x

Agreed, Is there any other 60's band that used keyboards up front and center all the time like the doors? I think ray invented that. Before RAy keyboards were in the back ground.

#209 Pedro Kazit

Pedro Kazit

• Registered Users
  • 4,515 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:26 AM

Other world TV about Ray death, now of Switzerland("RTS"-French language-),May 2013: http://www.rts.ch/vi...-de-74-ans.html

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users