Photo

New Jim documentary

103 replies to this topic

#41 Encuentro

Encuentro

• Members
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:31 AM

Here is a teaser clip from the film. UCLA film school classmate Elizabeth Buckner recounts the moment she witnessed Jim save someone's life.

#42 Texasky

Texasky

• Members
  • 1,100 posts
  • Interests:European History, Riding horses, Poetry, listening to the Wind

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:39 PM

Here is a teaser clip from the film. UCLA film school classmate Elizabeth Buckner recounts the moment she witnessed Jim save someone's life.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm5KxfD3anY

Encuentro, thank you for this clip......it made my day to hear this story.
HE COURTED DEATH LIKE IT WAS A DARK ELUSIVE SWEETHEART

#43 mizscarlett43

mizscarlett43

Bitch Emeritus

• Members
  • 5,774 posts
  • Interests:Politics; History (Medieval English, Victorian English and American, esp. William Bonney/Lincoln County War); Permaculture; Mexican and Moroccan Folk Art and Vernacular Architecture

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:55 AM

Encuentro, thank you for this clip......it made my day to hear this story.

It would probably have made my day too, if the blankety-blank virus protection software on this blankety-blank Mac hadn't barred it, so all I get is a big blank box with a "Missing plug-in" message instead of the actual video. I'll be paying a visit to the Genius Bar at Best Buy tomorrow 'cause I'm sick of this nonsense.

In the meantime, can someone tell me what's going on? Many thanks in advance...
I still believe in the Cosmic Giggle, even if Rolling Stone doesn't any more.

#44 Encuentro

Encuentro

• Members
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:36 AM

It would probably have made my day too, if the blankety-blank virus protection software on this blankety-blank Mac hadn't barred it, so all I get is a big blank box with a "Missing plug-in" message instead of the actual video. I'll be paying a visit to the Genius Bar at Best Buy tomorrow 'cause I'm sick of this nonsense.

In the meantime, can someone tell me what's going on? Many thanks in advance...

It's a 29 second clip in which UCLA film school classmate Elizabeth Buckner describes Jim pulling a woman from a car. According to Buckner, the woman was trapped under the steering wheel, and the vehicle was "possibly going to go up in flames." Jim, "loaded as the rest of us," walked over to the car without saying a word and pulled the woman free.

Edited by Encuentro, 22 July 2013 - 06:37 AM.

#45 mizscarlett43

mizscarlett43

Bitch Emeritus

• Members
  • 5,774 posts
  • Interests:Politics; History (Medieval English, Victorian English and American, esp. William Bonney/Lincoln County War); Permaculture; Mexican and Moroccan Folk Art and Vernacular Architecture

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:57 AM

It's a 29 second clip in which UCLA film school classmate Elizabeth Buckner describes Jim pulling a woman from a car. According to Buckner, the woman was trapped under the steering wheel, and the vehicle was "possibly going to go up in flames." Jim, "loaded as the rest of us," walked over to the car without saying a word and pulled the woman free.

I LOVE this. I can totally see him doing something like that. Thank you so much, Encuentro.
I still believe in the Cosmic Giggle, even if Rolling Stone doesn't any more.

#46 Texasky

Texasky

• Members
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:45 PM

In case you all have not seen this clip of Jeff and Jess Finn, here it is. This certainly rings true of the young man that I knew. Good bye Oliver Stone's portrayal of Jim. I can just see Jim doing his Indian dance.

#47 Texasky

Texasky

• Members
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:59 PM

Another teaser clip, Jim just knew, he was highly prophetic. He certainly up the ante far beyond Mick Jagger.

#48 Texasky

Texasky

• Members
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:10 PM

Thanks Pedro. It gives me hope that the film may go half way to fulfilling its publicity of a few months ago.

I still hope I'm proved wrong but don't believe that, quote........ "Hours of off-the-record converrsations" and "Further illuminating discussions were shared by" necessarily means Anne, Tandy, Mary and Frank took any concrete part in the film.

The coup, so far is Andy Morrison and perhaps his presence may encourage these three women and Frank. I don't recall Phil O'leno having been mentioned so there may yet be other interesting people filmed than those promised.

I've got two things I'm unsure about in the Kickstart clip: Off camera, someone says "Something happened in 7th, 8th or 9th to Jim. He was very different".

i) Anyone know who is speaking? and ii) What age would that make Jim? Somethng may have snapped when he was dragged away from California again.

Glad they've made progress as these people have shown willingness to speak plainly in the past and it just took someone to try to put it all together.

Edit: duplicated word

Hey Flashing,

I just read that Jess Finn wanted to state that it was Jeff Morehouse who spoke the quote above. She asked that this be put on the post where this question came up. Apparently Jess and her husband read this board but they cannot register because the mods have left the building. Jeff claims to be the biggest J. Morrison fan/supporter. I really am hoping this film comes through dispelling the brooding, dark, pessimistic buffoon image from the O. Stone film.

#49 Encuentro

Encuentro

• Members
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:46 PM

The film is over 50% funded but not much time to go. 6 days to go.

Edited by Encuentro, 26 July 2013 - 07:47 PM.

#50 Shelby68

Shelby68

• Members
  • 927 posts
  • Interests:Music, nature, the getting of wisdom

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:59 PM

Oh geez. I really hope they reach their goal. This film would be an important contribution to Doors scholarship (if I may use that word).

#51 Texasky

Texasky

• Members
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:06 PM

Hey Flashing,

I just read that Jess Finn wanted to state that it was Jeff Morehouse who spoke the quote above. She asked that this be put on the post where this question came up. Apparently Jess and her husband read this board but they cannot register because the mods have left the building. Jeff claims to be the biggest J. Morrison fan/supporter. I really am hoping this film comes through dispelling the brooding, dark, pessimistic buffoon image from the O. Stone film.

Posted ImageFor backers only, Posted by Z-MachinePosted Image

Greetings my BTEers!
Check out this third clip in which Ron Cohen (who gave a FANTASTIC interview!) relates what Jim was like when he first knew him at UCLA Film School.

Interesting side note: Ron & Elizabeth Buckner knew each other back in the UCLA Film School days but hadn't seen each other in decades. Elizabeth expressed interest in seeing Ron again, so Jeff made it happen. And they both agreed to sit down together to share their memories of Jim, on camera. But that's a teaser clip (possibly) for another day.
Enjoy!
Note: I saw a thread on the original Doors message board (I can't join as apparently they aren't accepting any more members in order to drive people to t he new message board), where someone asked who was the voice (in the BTE preview) that said "Something changed for Jim in 7th and 8th and 9th... he was very different."

That was Jeff Morehouse... Jim's very close friend all growing up. He was referring to 7th, 8th, & 9th grades.
So, if one of you can let the thread know, I'd appreciate it.
Cheers!
-Jess

#52 Texasky

Texasky

• Members
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:08 PM

The film is over 50% funded but not much time to go. 6 days to go.

Encuentro,

Do you have any idea why they are on such a short time span for the amount of money needed to launch this project?

Thanks

Edited by Texasky, 26 July 2013 - 10:08 PM.

#53 Encuentro

Encuentro

• Members
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:16 PM

Posted ImageFor backers only, Posted by Z-MachinePosted Image

Greetings my BTEers!
Check out this third clip in which Ron Cohen (who gave a FANTASTIC interview!) relates what Jim was like when he first knew him at UCLA Film School.

Interesting side note: Ron & Elizabeth Buckner knew each other back in the UCLA Film School days but hadn't seen each other in decades. Elizabeth expressed interest in seeing Ron again, so Jeff made it happen. And they both agreed to sit down together to share their memories of Jim, on camera. But that's a teaser clip (possibly) for another day.
Enjoy!
Note: I saw a thread on the original Doors message board (I can't join as apparently they aren't accepting any more members in order to drive people to t he new message board), where someone asked who was the voice (in the BTE preview) that said "Something changed for Jim in 7th and 8th and 9th... he was very different."

That was Jeff Morehouse... Jim's very close friend all growing up. He was referring to 7th, 8th, & 9th grades.
So, if one of you can let the thread know, I'd appreciate it.
Cheers!
-Jess

Thanks for sharing that! I'm a backer, but I missed that one.

#54 Encuentro

Encuentro

• Members
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:19 PM

Encuentro,

Do you have any idea why they are on such a short time span for the amount of money needed to launch this project?

Thanks

I don't know for sure. I believe it has something to do with the Kickstarter website and their policies. You raised an interesting question. Why not just leave it open ended? When they reach their goal, they reach their goal.

#55 Texasky

Texasky

• Members
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:54 PM

I don't know for sure. I believe it has something to do with the Kickstarter website and their policies. You raised an interesting question. Why not just leave it open ended? When they reach their goal, they reach their goal.

If they could do it that way, they would accomplish their goal and they could get the fiim produced. Well, they did extend the deadline into August....maybe they can keep pushing it up.

#56 Encuentro

Encuentro

• Members
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 04:40 AM

$33,000+ with 4 days to go, and Tony Funches is on board!

If anybody here has a Facebook page and "Likes" The Doors, please share the Kickstarter link in their status updates.
http://www.kickstart...on-comes-of-age

Edited by Encuentro, 29 July 2013 - 04:44 AM.

#57 flashing bliss

flashing bliss

FB

• Members
  • 785 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:20 PM

Hey Flashing,

Ah thanks for passing on the reply, Tex. Pity they can't join Getting the 'car rescue' story seems to be one that eluded Mark Opsasnik who did so much to fill in the blanks of Jim's life in Virginia.. Jim was such a character even in those early days that this film should be made and I hope they get to make it.
Flash

#58 flashing bliss

flashing bliss

FB

• Members
  • 785 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:37 PM

7th, 8th or 9th would make Jim 12-14 yes? I thought I'd tried and failed to Google that long ago but just succeeded with little effort.

I must say, I can well imagine that being a difficult age, particularly if you're get wrenched out of everywhere you try to settle in to. Also, it seems as if Jim did not attempt to rekindle any of these old friendships. I think he hoped The Doors would be his new family. It'd be great if they could get Fud Ford, (or anyone else from that age group) and I think it was he who said Jim was crying when he had to leave for Virginia.
Flash

#59 Encuentro

Encuentro

• Members
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:41 PM

From BTE's Facebook page:

Before the End: Jim Morrison Comes of Age ▶ Before the End: Jim Morrison Comes of Age Kickstarter
49 minutes ago
THIS IS IT, BTE FAITHFUL!!!

3 DAYS TO GO in the Kickstarter campaign for Before the End: Jim Morrison Comes of Age!!!

Jim Morrison is SO MUCH MORE than a sex-drugs-rock-‘n’-roll stereotype. HELP bring the REAL Jim to the world and a NEW generation of Morrison fans! PLEDGE and BE A PART OF THE LEGACY of JAMES DOUGLAS MORRISON!!!

SHARE the below BTE Kickstarter link with EVERY Jim fan you know!!! Ask them to PLEDGE whatever they can and HELP bring the DEFINITIVE Morrison documentary film to life!!! THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!!

http://www.kickstart...on-comes-of-age

#60 flashing bliss

flashing bliss

FB

• Members
  • 785 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:57 PM

Done Encuentro. Lets hope I have a FB friend with 17K to spare :)

Edit : wrong smiley

Edited by flashing bliss, 29 July 2013 - 06:58 PM.

Flash

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users