Photo

Jon Bon Jovi

13 replies to this topic

#1 mizscarlett43

mizscarlett43

Bitch Emeritus

• Members
  • 5,774 posts
  • Interests:Politics; History (Medieval English, Victorian English and American, esp. William Bonney/Lincoln County War); Permaculture; Mexican and Moroccan Folk Art and Vernacular Architecture

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:53 PM

He's on Ellen Degeneres's show right now, and damn if he doesn't look virtually the same as he did back in the Young Guns days of the late 1980s. How many of you geezers are old enough to remember when Blaze of Glory was the first and only rock song ever to be nominated for an Academy Award (1990)?

It didn't win, of course--lost out to some totally mediocre middle of the road piece of crap--but still, it was then and still is a magnificent piece of rock music. i've never listened to anything else he's done, but Blaze of Glory all by itself is enough to put him in the Rock'n'Roll Hall of Fame, IMHO.
I still believe in the Cosmic Giggle, even if Rolling Stone doesn't any more.

#2 Krammerhead

Krammerhead

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:22 PM

Well I remember 1990, especially the very start of it, new years day early am. But don't remember much about Bon Jovi because I'm not interested in their/his music.
zazzle.com/KrammersEmporium*

#3 jlo

jlo

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:39 PM

i have utmost respect for john bon jovi. he lives near here and he is very generous to needy people. he created a restaurant called soul kitchen.

http://www.jbjsoulkitchen.org/

everyone can come in and have something to eat. you make a donation for your meal, and if you can't afford to donate, you can volunteer.

after hurricane sandy he walked around the devastated town of highlands consoling people and just being there. we are fortunate to have him and bruce springsteen around here. they really are very humble and really give their time and help our community.

Edited by jlo, 01 July 2013 - 10:39 PM.

...no time to wallow in the mire...

#4 mizscarlett43

mizscarlett43

Bitch Emeritus

• Members
  • 5,774 posts
  • Interests:Politics; History (Medieval English, Victorian English and American, esp. William Bonney/Lincoln County War); Permaculture; Mexican and Moroccan Folk Art and Vernacular Architecture

Posted 01 July 2013 - 11:00 PM

i have utmost respect for john bon jovi. he lives near here and he is very generous to needy people. he created a restaurant called soul kitchen.

http://www.jbjsoulkitchen.org/

everyone can come in and have something to eat. you make a donation for your meal, and if you can't afford to donate, you can volunteer.

after hurricane sandy he walked around the devastated town of highlands consoling people and just being there. we are fortunate to have him and bruce springsteen around here. they really are very humble and really give their time and help our community.

Yes, I'd forgotten all that. He's an all around good guy, isn't he? Not too hard on the eyes, either--for a blond. ;)

#5 Pedro Kazit

Pedro Kazit

• Registered Users
  • 4,515 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:44 AM

Jon Bob Jovi plays in your concerts cover "Roadhouse Blues", in this video of May 21, 2013 remember to Ray Manzarek and play this cover(city of Oslo-Norway-):

#6 Encuentro

Encuentro

• Members
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:45 PM

Jon Bob Jovi plays in your concerts cover "Roadhouse Blues", in this video of May 21, 2013 remember to Ray Manzarek and play this cover(city of Oslo-Norway-):

That was pretty cool, Pedro. Thanks for sharing.

#7 jlo

jlo

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:59 PM

for what it's worth, thank you jon bon jovi. your neighbors appreciate your generosity.

Bon Jovi is contributing $1 million to Superstorm Sandy relief efforts here in New Jersey, NBC New York reports.

Jon Bon Jovi presented a check on behalf of his band to First Lady Mary Pat Christie at a press conference today in his hometown of Sayreville.

The rock star has been actively involved in relief efforts since the storm struck, including churning out thousands of free meals for survivors from JBJ Soul Kitchen, his "pay-what-you-can" restaurant in Red Bank.

Read more: http://bit.ly/14Y7Yup

#8 mizscarlett43

mizscarlett43

Bitch Emeritus

• Members
  • 5,774 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:45 PM

A million--wow, just wow. You're lucky to have someone like him, and Springsteen.

Of course we don't have natural disasters here in boring New Mexico (except for droughts) and we don't have famous native sons like Bruce or Jon either. I'm just glad that people who live in danger zones like yours have heroes like those two, with the money and the clout to help out.

#9 jlo

jlo

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:43 PM

yes. the people that need help here are extremely lucky to have the likes of bruce springsteen and jon bon jovi.

they are both very active in the community and have never forgotten where they came from. they are always around. they're rock stars, but are just regular guys.

bruce gave a fire engine to one community. they had "the boss" painted on it and word was that he wasn't happy about that. it is said that he also heard of a person in freehold, nj (his hometown) that needed to have their house redesigned to accommodate a disability. bruce anonymously paid for the renovations in full.

i used to vounteer for a hippo therapy program (horseback riding as physical therapy for mentally and physically challenged people) and bruce and his family were regular contributors to that organization.

we are very lucky.

#10 mizscarlett43

mizscarlett43

Bitch Emeritus

• Members
  • 5,774 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:40 AM

Jon Bon Jovi on the news right now, donating another million dollars to his home state of New Jersey for Hurricane Sandy recovery, and talking about how lucky he is to have been able to make a living doing what he loves best for all these years.

What a wretched excuse for a human being. Who does he think he is, anyway? being married to the same woman for all these years, living in his home state all his life, and on top of it all he's soooo damned homely...

(Just kidding, of course--and a heads up to people who might have a couple of extra bucks to donate to a good cause.)

#11 Texasky

Texasky

• Members
  • 1,100 posts
  • Interests:European History, Riding horses, Poetry, listening to the Wind

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:15 AM

yes. the people that need help here are extremely lucky to have the likes of bruce springsteen and jon bon jovi.they are both very active in the community and have never forgotten where they came from. they are always around. they're rock stars, but are just regular guys.bruce gave a fire engine to one community. they had "the boss" painted on it and word was that he wasn't happy about that. it is said that he also heard of a person in freehold, nj (his hometown) that needed to have their house redesigned to accommodate a disability. bruce anonymously paid for the renovations in full.i used to vounteer for a hippo therapy program (horseback riding as physical therapy for mentally and physically challenged people) and bruce and his family were regular contributors to that organization.we are very lucky.

jlo,

I just heard on the news tonight with Diane Sawyer that Jon Bon Jovi just gave another million to the relief fund for Hurricane Sandy. That says so much about him and his generous spirit.

Just saw Miz' post..... she is talking about it, too.

Edited by Texasky, 13 July 2013 - 01:21 AM.

HE COURTED DEATH LIKE IT WAS A DARK ELUSIVE SWEETHEART

#12 jlo

jlo

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 03:49 PM

bon jovi and bruce have always been very generous with their fame and with donations. our county is supposedly one of the wealthiest counties in the state. but there are so any people who live around here who aren't wealthy and really need help, especially after the storm. i am sure that bon jovi's generosity will be greatly appreciated. there are 2 towns right near where i live that are still devastated.

in spite of what people say about new jersey, it is a great place to live.

#13 Texasky

Texasky

• Members
  • 1,100 posts
  • Interests:European History, Riding horses, Poetry, listening to the Wind

Posted 13 July 2013 - 07:06 PM

bon jovi and bruce have always been very generous with their fame and with donations. our county is supposedly one of the wealthiest counties in the state. but there are so any people who live around here who aren't wealthy and really need help, especially after the storm. i am sure that bon jovi's generosity will be greatly appreciated. there are 2 towns right near where i live that are still devastated.

in spite of what people say about new jersey, it is a great place to live.

Hi jlo,

New Jersey is called the Garden State. I have not ever heard anything negative about New Jersey. And I know that Frank Sinatra and Allen Ginsberg plus Whitney Houston and Jack Nicholson are from NJ. In fact, I was amazed at the all of the many famous and well known people who came out of New Jersey.

http://www.biography...-new-jersey/all
HE COURTED DEATH LIKE IT WAS A DARK ELUSIVE SWEETHEART

#14 jlo

jlo

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:40 PM

have not ever heard anything negative about New Jersey.

hi texasky. there you go with that southern charm :)

poor nj gets a bad rap. but, it's home!

i had no idea all those folks were from nj! sherwood shawartz? the man who taught me about california via the brady bunch? who knew? :)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users