thank you, thedoorsmusic!
...no time to wallow in the mire...

#63 Shelby68

Shelby68

• Members
  • 927 posts
  • Interests:Music, nature, the getting of wisdom

Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:00 PM

There's something very poignant in reading about them, esp. Jim, "in the present," no? Maybe it's just me. I get a feeling of ... tremendous loss or something.

Here's a photo of Jim, Manhime! What, you haven't seen enough photos of Jim Morrison in yer life?! :)

Posted Image

#64 Crimson_King

Crimson_King

• Members
  • 286 posts
  • Location:This sh*t town called Escondido, California (trash scattered everywhere!)
  • Interests:French Philosophy, poetry, psychology, sociology, hermeneutics, semiotics, cinema, sleeping.....and (right now) Doors, Steely Dan, Talking Heads, King Crimson-Fripp, Yes, Jethro Tull, Eno, Roxy Music, Bruford, etc......even, yes, The Monkees!

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:52 PM

Here's a photo of Jim, Manhime! What, you haven't seen enough photos of Jim Morrison in yer life?! :)

Posted Image

hey, now THAT'S a very interesting picture.....when was it taken?

i have NEVER EVER seen Jim's hair look like that before. I almost thought it couldn't be him.

"Naked we come, Bruised we go.....Nude pastry for the slow soft worms below" - JDM

#65 manhime

manhime

• Members
  • 890 posts
  • Interests:Peppermint Girl's

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:59 PM

There's something very poignant in reading about them, esp. Jim, "in the present," no? Maybe it's just me. I get a feeling of ... tremendous loss or something.

Posted Image

Interesting pic. yet I was talking about friends who took personal pictures with Jim.

#66 Pedro Kazit

Pedro Kazit

• Registered Users
  • 4,515 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:58 AM

Crimson, in this thread more news. The photo(and others in link lorenamorrison.blogspot) of book "Summer with Jim Morrison" of friend Dennis Jakob: http://thedoors.com/...showtopic=21582

#67 Pedro Kazit

Pedro Kazit

• Registered Users
  • 4,515 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:02 AM

manhime, this known pics of Jim with friends:
-June 1969(Granada Hills-California- with family of one woman name Lana): http://www.doors.com/door_mem/photos/
-June 28, 1971(Saint Leu d Esserent-France- with Alain Ronay): http://www.crystal-s...ela Courson.jpg

#68 Pedro Kazit

Pedro Kazit

• Registered Users
  • 4,515 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 01:12 PM

manhime, this thread with known pics of Jim and Michael McClure, Leon Barnard, Frank Lisciandro, Babe Hiil, Tony Funches: http://thedoors.com/...showtopic=20142

#69 manhime

manhime

• Members
  • 890 posts
  • Interests:Peppermint Girl's

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:04 PM

Crimson, in this thread more news. The photo(and others in link lorenamorrison.blogspot) of book "Summer with Jim Morrison" of friend Dennis Jakob: http://thedoors.com/...showtopic=21582

THANKS! When I first saw these I thought how cool was that. Jim over for dinner.

I disagree with a charge for the pics. Making money off a friendship. Tells much about that friendship

#70 Shelby68

Shelby68

• Members
  • 927 posts
  • Interests:Music, nature, the getting of wisdom

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:16 PM

hey, now THAT'S a very interesting picture.....when was it taken?

i have NEVER EVER seen Jim's hair look like that before. I almost thought it couldn't be him.

Dennis Jakob took this photo pre-Doors circa 1964 or '65. Jim was *very* ahead of his time in many areas, including hairstyle.

#71 mizscarlett43

mizscarlett43

Bitch Emeritus

• Members
  • 5,774 posts
  • Interests:Politics; History (Medieval English, Victorian English and American, esp. William Bonney/Lincoln County War); Permaculture; Mexican and Moroccan Folk Art and Vernacular Architecture

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:00 PM

THANKS! When I first saw these I thought how cool was that. Jim over for dinner.

I disagree with a charge for the pics. Making money off a friendship. Tells much about that friendship

Manhime, from what I remember of the story, Lana's friendship with Jim was very brief and allegedly ended when a "pack of groupies" attacked her or some such thing. Now, this was supposedly in 1969 and I didn't come along until early 1971, but I certainly don't remember experiencing anything similar when he and I were out and about in Los Angeles, and especially in West Hollywood.

People knew him in West Hollywood; he and I were both living in West Hollywood in early 1971 and when we were out on the town the waiters hovered solicitously and all he had to do was raise an eyebrow to have 2-3 of them at his elbow. West Hollywood was definitely Morrison territory.

Also, there really was something quite regal about the man. I remember him knocking over glass of water once, when we were dining out, and instead of saying something like "Morrison strikes again..." or being the least bit embarassed, he just looked mildly annoyed, as if that impertinent glass of water had presumed to get in his way and had got what it deserved. :D

Edited by mizscarlett43, 12 July 2013 - 10:02 PM.

I still believe in the Cosmic Giggle, even if Rolling Stone doesn't any more.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users