Photo

Rock Chick: A Girl and Her Music: The Jazz & Pop Writings 1968-1971 by Patricia Kennealy-Morrison

47 replies to this topic

#41 queenhwy

queenhwy

• Members
  • 2,146 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 11:16 PM

Janet, I read your article sometime ago and I was really surprised to read how fearful she was of horses when you two went riding.

P. Kennealy has taken down that part of her online articles where she says she was an expert horsewoman so they are no longer there.

She doesn't update her blogs anymore. I'm not of Facebook, so maybe she talks over there now.
The future's uncertain
And the end is always near.

#42 mizscarlett43

mizscarlett43

Bitch Emeritus

• Members
  • 5,774 posts
  • Interests:Politics; History (Medieval English, Victorian English and American, esp. William Bonney/Lincoln County War); Permaculture; Mexican and Moroccan Folk Art and Vernacular Architecture

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:19 PM

She doesn't update her blogs anymore. I'm not of Facebook, so maybe she talks over there now.

I'm sure she does but I'm not on Facebook or Twitter either so I have no firsthand knowledge.

* Both Facebook and Twitter seem to me to be mostly for people who have something to sell, but not so great for people who just want to have actual conversations with like-minded people.
I still believe in the Cosmic Giggle, even if Rolling Stone doesn't any more.

#43 queenhwy

queenhwy

• Members
  • 2,146 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:55 PM

I'm sure she does but I'm not on Facebook or Twitter either so I have no firsthand knowledge.

* Both Facebook and Twitter seem to me to be mostly for people who have something to sell, but not so great for people who just want to have actual conversations with like-minded people.

I see the point of Facebook, but I'm old fashion. I like some privacy. And as far as twitter goes, I have nothing interesting to say, or that anyone would want to hear! :)

The future's uncertain

#44 mizscarlett43

mizscarlett43

Bitch Emeritus

• Members
  • 5,774 posts
  • Interests:Politics; History (Medieval English, Victorian English and American, esp. William Bonney/Lincoln County War); Permaculture; Mexican and Moroccan Folk Art and Vernacular Architecture

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:53 PM

I see the point of Facebook, but I'm old fashion. I like some privacy. And as far as twitter goes, I have nothing interesting to say, or that anyone would want to hear! :)

...and presumably nothing to sell? It's interesting to me that virtually every politician, corporation and/or business on the planet has accounts with Facebook and Twitter. What does that tell you?

#45 queenhwy

queenhwy

• Members
  • 2,146 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:16 PM

...and presumably nothing to sell? It's interesting to me that virtually every politician, corporation and/or business on the planet has accounts with Facebook and Twitter. What does that tell you?

You're right, I have nothing to sell either. I still prefer a companies web site to Facebook. Everyone putting in their two cents and all on FB. It's enough to drive you batty!
The future's uncertain

#46 StupidGirl

StupidGirl

• Banned
  • 2,835 posts
  • Interests:the truth...for it can be adjusted.....

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:02 AM

Like, the facebook, and whatever, fuvkin' cell phones....? I dunno know, I want to be private. Except, for all you out there. Sorry? I say I've listened to your lies, what the fuvk I wanna know more 4????

#47 mizscarlett43

mizscarlett43

Bitch Emeritus

• Members
  • 5,774 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:14 AM

Like, the facebook, and whatever, fuvkin' cell phones....? I dunno know, I want to be private. Except, for all you out there. Sorry? I say I've listened to your lies, what the fuvk I wanna know more 4????

What?? What are you on about now?

#48 *~adrienne~*

*~adrienne~*

• Members
  • 339 posts
  • Interests:Sirius XMU, books on bands from the late 60s/70s & non-fiction, Netflix (mostly horror films in my queue), art galleries, concerts, coffee, sugar free red bull and any combination of chocolate and peanut butter.

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:55 PM

Janet...so the baby which I knew was not Jim's was actually David Walley's (was he the publisher of Jazz & Pop or who was he in the music world back then)...so when was it she flew the birth control disc at Jim again? Anyway so I remember she made Jim think it was his and then had to get an abortion when did Jim findout it wasn't his before or after the abortion? Did she name the baby? They say if you have an abortion to give the baby an asexual name to make the process less heartbreaking...to drag Jim through that wow...ok and for their handfasting was there ever a signed document? When I married my husband at the courthouse we had to have a witness? I thought that there was someone else (maybe 2 people) who signed the document(s). Did she ever get a paternity test on the kid, either? I mean if I were going to say these things at the very least I'd have documentation. And to change your last name (which I did before meeting my husband after my parent's divorced I took my mother's maiden name to spite my father) you literally walk into the courthouse fillout a form and show your ID and SS card and as long as it's a valid reason (I mean anything can be a valid reason really I knew a transvestite in high school who now goes by the name Sparkles yes that is her name now no last name) they sign it and you get official paperwork and that's it. It doesn't say much that she could get her last name changed to Morrison. And then she changed the spelling of Kenneally I forget how to spell it or whatever she changed it to so she's definately had a lot of experience with changing names which may say a lot about her as a person.
"Instant gratification takes too long!"
-Carrie Fisher

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users