Photo

Who's to blame?

44 replies to this topic

#21 mina

mina

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:54 PM

There are so many viewers here, hundreds have read this thread... but I don't blame anyone for not wanting to write here! You are right Mizz, it's freezing in here ;)

Edited by mina, 16 October 2013 - 06:05 PM.

#22 mina

mina

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:12 PM

I've wanted to remove my nick for a long time already, but I can't find the place from the settings where I can do it. Can someone help me to find it? Thanx

#23 mizscarlett43

mizscarlett43

Bitch Emeritus

• Members
  • 5,774 posts
  • Interests:Politics; History (Medieval English, Victorian English and American, esp. William Bonney/Lincoln County War); Permaculture; Mexican and Moroccan Folk Art and Vernacular Architecture

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:53 PM

There are so many viewers here, hundreds have read this thread... but I don't blame anyone for not wanting to write here! You are right Mizz, it's freezing in here ;)

Why don't you start a topic? I would--in fact I can think of a couple of topics I'd be interested in addressing--but it would just invite the many trolls to emerge from the woodwork and attack, driving away the more sensitive types* among you.

*That category seems--unfortunately--to include Tex, who hasn't been seen in these parts since I took issue with her view of Pamela. I'm hoping it's just a computer problem instead, and that she'll be rejoining us as soon as it's cleared up.
I still believe in the Cosmic Giggle, even if Rolling Stone doesn't any more.

#24 queenhwy

queenhwy

• Members
  • 2,146 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:08 PM

Were my questions about Pam a bit far out for some people here? :blink:

There was another topic thread going on here where we were discussing Pam C. and JM's relationship which then spun into his death and people blaming her.

I have learned not give my opinion when it comes to JM's death, and Pam C's involvement. Any time it has been brought up it is met with criticism. So I now refrain from putting in my two-cents. I don't appreciate some of the things that have been said to me when I've discussed it with others. So don't take offense to people not responding. This board has few members left, so you might not see a huge response.

I will say that I believe everyone is to blame for Jim and his eventual end. Think about it. The music executives, the fans, the band, Jim Morrison himself, the sycophants, Pam Courson, etc. The pressure put on him, and all the bullshit that goes on with the music industry. The train seemed to be going at full speed and it finally crashed.
The future's uncertain
And the end is always near.

#25 manhime

manhime

• Members
  • 890 posts
  • Interests:Peppermint Girl's

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:40 PM

Janet,

Did he seemed bothered by all the above when you were with him? Did he ever talk in detail about that stuff. How about the trial?

Edited by manhime, 17 October 2013 - 12:00 AM.

#26 Shelby68

Shelby68

• Members
  • 927 posts
  • Interests:Music, nature, the getting of wisdom

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:17 PM

I blame Nixon, man. He was behind it all - take your blinders off, people!

Scarlett, I think Tex's new job might be the reason she's been scarce 'round these parts. I hope that's all it is.

#27 queenhwy

queenhwy

• Members
  • 2,146 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:53 PM

Did he seemed bothered by all the above when you were with him? Did he ever talk in detail about that stuff. How about the trial?

Hey Manhime! I think you wanted to quote MizScarlet. I didn't know Jim M. :D
The future's uncertain

#28 mizscarlett43

mizscarlett43

Bitch Emeritus

• Members
  • 5,774 posts
  • Interests:Politics; History (Medieval English, Victorian English and American, esp. William Bonney/Lincoln County War); Permaculture; Mexican and Moroccan Folk Art and Vernacular Architecture

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:14 PM

I blame Nixon, man. He was behind it all - take your blinders off, people!

Scarlett, I think Tex's new job might be the reason she's been scarce 'round these parts. I hope that's all it is.

Oh, that's right. I'd forgotten about the new job.

As for Nixon, of course he was behind the whole Miami thing. In fact, given Tricky's well-established paranoia, I'm amazed he didn't just send the Secret Service after Jim, instead of getting Larry Mahoney or whatever that jerk's name is to gin up phony outrage via the media.

#29 StupidGirl

StupidGirl

• Banned
  • 2,835 posts
  • Interests:the truth...for it can be adjusted.....

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:03 AM

Seems like I'm on the "black list" or ignored :D Will you be my friend SG?

SG, here....yes , I always ask to be your friend...whatelse am I doing here?
Mina, just so ya know, I'm a loyal friend...

#30 Shelby68

Shelby68

• Members
  • 927 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:54 PM

As for Nixon, of course he was behind the whole Miami thing. In fact, given Tricky's well-established paranoia, I'm amazed he didn't just send the Secret Service after Jim, instead of getting Larry Mahoney or whatever that jerk's name is to gin up phony outrage via the media.

Nixon spent a lot of time in Miami (Key Biscayne - close enough). His best friend and rumored gay lover Bebe Rebozo lived there. The shady businessman supposedly played a role in Watergate too. It's all connected.

#31 mizscarlett43

mizscarlett43

Bitch Emeritus

• Members
  • 5,774 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:10 PM

Janet,

No, I figured he was sick to the back teeth of talking about the Miami mess, so I only asked him one question that had anything to do with it: I asked him to confirm that Patricia had invited herself down to Miami during his trial, not to give him moral support but to confront him about the pregnancy she was bound and determined to hang him with.

He said he'd "needed her down there at that awful time about like..." and he paused to come up with a good analogy, then grinned and said "...about like I needed Mick to have another hit." :lol:

Edited by mizscarlett43, 17 October 2013 - 09:12 PM.

#32 jlo

jlo

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:33 PM

There was another topic thread going on here where we were discussing Pam C. and JM's relationship which then spun into his death and people blaming her.

I have learned not give my opinion when it comes to JM's death, and Pam C's involvement. Any time it has been brought up it is met with criticism. So I now refrain from putting in my two-cents. I don't appreciate some of the things that have been said to me when I've discussed it with others. So don't take offense to people not responding. This board has few members left, so you might not see a huge response.

I will say that I believe everyone is to blame for Jim and his eventual end. Think about it. The music executives, the fans, the band, Jim Morrison himself, the sycophants, Pam Courson, etc. The pressure put on him, and all the bullshit that goes on with the music industry. The train seemed to be going at full speed and it finally crashed.

queenhwy, i agree with your feelings. maybe i have an unrealistic view of "conversation" but i always thought that it was about bantering ideas and opinions back and forth. everyone has an opinion, and no one says someone has to agree.

irrespective of what i think happened all those years ago, it's still interesting to see what other people think. maybe some people's opinions are out there, but no one has the right to be disrespectful of someone else. this is one part of this board that i just do not get.

i also think that you are absolutely right about "everyone" having some blame in jim's demise. as glamourous as the music industry seems, there must be tremendous pressure on artists. and, it the 60s things were changing so rapidly...i wonder if that made things worse?
...no time to wallow in the mire...

#33 Encuentro

Encuentro

• Members
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:44 PM

The idea that Nixon was behind Miami is pure silliness. You have to have some evidence to back that up with. That kind of claim ranks right up there with Johnson being behind the Kennedy assassination in the evidence department. I saw Nixon's enemies list once, and I searched for Jim's name but couldn't find it. Here is the list of celebrities on the list. John Lennon made the list but no Jim. Follow the link for the complete list.

Celebrities[edit]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Master_list_of_Nixon's_political_opponents

#34 mizscarlett43

mizscarlett43

Bitch Emeritus

• Members
  • 5,774 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:00 AM

The idea that Nixon was behind Miami is pure silliness. You have to have some evidence to back that up with. That kind of claim ranks right up there with Johnson being behind the Kennedy assassination in the evidence department. I saw Nixon's enemies list once, and I searched for Jim's name but couldn't find it. Here is the list of celebrities on the list. John Lennon made the list but no Jim. Follow the link for the complete list.

Celebrities[edit]

http://en.wikipedia....tical_opponents

Since Nixon's first inauguration was Monday, January 20, 1969, and since the official enemies list is undated, I'm going to make a huuuuge leap of faith (j/k) and assume that the list was still barely a gleam in Tricky's eye when that son-of-a-high-ranking-military-man allegedly said, in one of his rambles to the Miami audience a scant six weeks later (March 1, 1969) something to the effect that "we" should adopt a wait and see attitude towards the new president, but if he screwed up "we" would "get him."

As I said, it's a bleedin' miracle that it wasn't the Secret Service, rather than the loyal Tony Funches, who was waiting for Jim on his return to the States after his post-Miami sojourn in Jamaica (or was it Bermuda? I forget.)

Edited by mizscarlett43, 18 October 2013 - 03:07 PM.

#35 the_manassa_mauler_1919-'26

the_manassa_mauler_1919-'26

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:46 AM

Celebrities[edit]

http://en.wikipedia....tical_opponents

actually of all those on the list, except perhaps lennon, I think a strong case can be made that morrison was indeed the most hounded, beyond just simple surveillance.

even though he was less well known then most of those on the list at that time, he nevertheless was a more valuable target for his admin. So much so, they may have been willing to go to more extreme means to get him. Hence, it's why he may very well be off the list. Why have documented linkage on a list about a guy you're actually going to use the courts to go after?

imo, morrison was probably viewed as an effective tool for political gain as opposed to someone they were all that concerned about watching.

going after morrison served the admin 2fold:

1. to try to quell what they viewed as a radical youth movement that was against the war & wanted traditional values changed in society. Two issues the republicans used as wedge issues to shore up the silent majority (ie the tax paying working middle class over 35). They were also frankly worried about the youth changing so much in large #'s that their issues couldnt reach any of them in the future.

2. perhaps more importantly, also for political power strategy. And in that regards, going after morrison in particular, made sense for them .

Nixon was already implementing the gop's southern strategy, wh/ wasnt only playing to race issues in the south, but was also playing to traditional values. Its important to remember, before Nixon, w/ the exception of IKE, the republican's were getting smoked politically going back to Hoover. It's also important to realize up thru the '60's, the south was strongly democrat. But w/ the democrats turning more left, w/ jfk & esp lbj, the GOP seized on a strategy to start to win over the south & then gain major mojo in national political elections. It eventually worked & is why since 1980 the GOP has been very strong in the southern states. Florida is & was the crown jewel politically in the south (b/c of its electoral #).

as was already stated nixon had strong connections in fla, esp miami. he spent a lot of time in the city vacationing (even during his presidency) & was strong friends w/ bebe rebozo & also jackie gleason.

morrison's unfortunate drunken performance was seized on by the local political apparatus for naked political gain by stronger hands. keep in mind, miami is a much more liberal city then the rest of the state, yet if framed w/ the right narrative (ie lewd exposure), the concert in court could be used as a perfect wedge issue to scare over moderate leaning family raising voters in the city, to the GOP's political platform (on domestic unlike morality issues nixon was moderate).

If you gain leverage in miami, the rest of the state is already in your pocket. morrison and the concert was the perfect foil to seize for those ends. & the payoff could pay major dividends in power politics in re to shifting the political weight of power in the south. why do you think jackie gleason along w/ anita bryant had a decency rally at the orange bowl in response to the doors concert. again, this was political opportunism w/ a potential huge political payoff.

Edited by the_manassa_mauler_1919-'26, 18 October 2013 - 12:48 AM.

#36 StupidGirl

StupidGirl

• Banned
  • 2,835 posts
  • Interests:the truth...for it can be adjusted.....

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:24 AM

Nixon spent a lot of time in Miami (Key Biscayne - close enough). His best friend and rumored gay lover Bebe Rebozo lived there. The shady businessman supposedly played a role in Watergate too. It's all connected.

Well, now that you brought up all these conspiracy therorys...fuvk me... cant spell t save me life.. was thinkin' they killed
more than my baby Morrison..

#37 Shelby68

Shelby68

• Members
  • 927 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:52 PM

I was being silly. No one gets me :)

Having said that, I did request the F.B.I. file on Mr. Morrison under the freedom of information act. This was way back in pre-Internet days. They actually complied and sent me a big brown envelope with copies of Morrison's file. I'm sure it's widely available on the interwebs now.

It was surprising how much stuff was redacted (blacked out). And how off they or the police were about Jim's size. The file gives his height as 5'9" and weight as IIRC 135, something like that.

#38 manhime

manhime

• Members
  • 890 posts
  • Interests:Peppermint Girl's

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:02 PM

I was being silly. No one gets me :)

Having said that, I did request the F.B.I. file on Mr. Morrison under the freedom of information act. This was way back in pre-Internet days. They actually complied and sent me a big brown envelope with copies of Morrison's file. I'm sure it's widely available on the interwebs now.

It was surprising how much stuff was redacted (blacked out). And how off they or the police were about Jim's size. The file gives his height as 5'9" and weight as IIRC 135, something like that.

Wow he is shorter then me? I thought people on this board said he was tall?

#39 Shelby68

Shelby68

• Members
  • 927 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:23 PM

He was taller - the police or FBI got it wrong. I think it was from the New Haven, CT arrest record.

#40 queenhwy

queenhwy

• Members
  • 2,146 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:33 PM

Wow he is shorter then me? I thought people on this board said he was tall?

I'm sure he had boots on with all his arrests. That gives you a good two inches to add to your height. I've also read 6'1', 6', so give or take 2 inches. 6 feet tall is pretty average for an American male.
The future's uncertain

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users