• Members
  • 890 posts
  • Interests:Peppermint Girl's

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:36 AM

#2 StupidGirl

StupidGirl

• Banned
  • 2,835 posts
  • Interests:the truth...for it can be adjusted.....

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:13 AM

holograms....something new to my vocabulary....Manhime, fogot to click ignore button, again?

#3 queenhwy

queenhwy

• Members
  • 2,146 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:19 AM

The technology is fascinating, but I don't like this. Jim Morrison is dead, same with Jimi Hendrix. Do I really want a bunch of created lights coming up to me and looking me in the eye? No, it's creepy. It's not Jim Morrison.

I think they should leave it alone, let them rest in peace. Release the Matrix and L.A. Woman stuff people want.
The future's uncertain
And the end is always near.

#4 manhime

manhime

• Members
  • 890 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:27 PM

They should release EVERYTHING THEY HAVE!

That being said. A hologram is the closest most of us will get to Jim perform. I agree it is NOT Jim. The same reason I never went to see Ray or Robbie perform. It is not the same. That being said. I would go see a Hologram. Why? I think it gives a new dimension to a youtube video. I enjoy watching the Hollywood bowl for example. I know I know people say it is not Jim's or Robbie's best performance. Yet I can look past all that and enjoy it for what it is worth. Also I would of only wanted to see the DOORS in a small venue. Places like Whiskey. The large crowds that clap along. Are $^%&@^ Annoying to all hell. As Jim said "STOP THAT" The haunting lyrics and performance is what I would go to see.

#5 Encuentro

Encuentro

• Members
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:55 PM

I don't get the objections that some people have to the idea of a hologram. It would be pretty cool. Nobody going into it is going to believe that it is actually Jim. It's pure entertainment, nothing more. What's the big deal? Furthermore, it they're going to create a hologram of Jim, they should just go ahead and create holograms of the entire band. Give fans a feel for what it was like to be at a Doors concert.

#6 queenhwy

queenhwy

• Members
  • 2,146 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:57 PM

They should release EVERYTHING THEY HAVE!

That being said. A hologram is the closest most of us will get to Jim perform. I agree it is NOT Jim. The same reason I never went to see Ray or Robbie perform. It is not the same. That being said. I would go see a Hologram. Why? I think it gives a new dimension to a youtube video. I enjoy watching the Hollywood bowl for example. I know I know people say it is not Jim's or Robbie's best performance. Yet I can look past all that and enjoy it for what it is worth. Also I would of only wanted to see the DOORS in a small venue. Places like Whiskey. The large crowds that clap along. Are $^%&@^ Annoying to all hell. As Jim said "STOP THAT" The haunting lyrics and performance is what I would go to see.

I think they don't release stuff all at once b/c it allows them to keep fans interested and coming back for more. I still don't have everything.

I never went and saw Ray and Robbie in concert either. My sister saw them with Ian Astbury and said it was amazing. I had many opportunities to see them, but I always felt it wasn't the same without Jim Morrison. That's just my personal choice.

I'd rather just watch a DVD of them, or Jim's interviews, or When You're Strange DVD than a hologram. My husband, who's been a Doors fan wayyy longer than me said he'd go and see a hologram Jim Morrison show!

From what show are you referring to when Jim say "stop that"? I don't recall hearing it.
The future's uncertain

#7 manhime

manhime

• Members
  • 890 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:36 PM

I think they don't release stuff all at once b/c it allows them to keep fans interested and coming back for more. I still don't have everything.

I never went and saw Ray and Robbie in concert either. My sister saw them with Ian Astbury and said it was amazing. I had many opportunities to see them, but I always felt it wasn't the same without Jim Morrison. That's just my personal choice.

I'd rather just watch a DVD of them, or Jim's interviews, or When You're Strange DVD than a hologram. My husband, who's been a Doors fan wayyy longer than me said he'd go and see a hologram Jim Morrison show!

From what show are you referring to when Jim say "stop that"? I don't recall hearing it.

I forget the show, but I believe it was You're lost little girl song. Right in the beginning

Edit:
Found it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc46l54Cz10

Does not show the city where the show was?

Edited by manhime, 29 October 2013 - 11:49 PM.

#8 jymwrite

jymwrite

• Members
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:04 AM

I don't get the objections that some people have to the idea of a hologram. It would be pretty cool. Nobody going into it is going to believe that it is actually Jim. It's pure entertainment, nothing more. What's the big deal? Furthermore, it they're going to create a hologram of Jim, they should just go ahead and create holograms of the entire band. Give fans a feel for what it was like to be at a Doors concert.

Encuentro,
I go back and forth on this, but even if they did a hologram of Jim it wouldn't really be a taste of what a Doors show was like. Robby said Jim was scary, and everybody agrees no one knew what Jim would do on any given night, and The Doors never had a pre-planned show. So, if a hologram Jim/Doors show was put together it would be a nice safe, pre-fabbed show and everyone in every city would see the same show, like McDonalds hamburgers, safe and sanitized for your viewing pleasure. I may have a different opinion tomorrow.

Jim B)
Writing Under the Influence of Rock 'n' Roll! Jymsbooks

The Doors Examiner

#9 StupidGirl

StupidGirl

• Banned
  • 2,835 posts
  • Interests:the truth...for it can be adjusted.....

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:27 AM

I forget the show, but I believe it was You're lost little girl song. Right in the beginning

Edit:
Found it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc46l54Cz10

Does not show the city where the show was?

Manhime, did you unblock me? I dunno about holograms; maybe it worked for Natalie & King Cole, or Frank and whoever,
but abso fuvkin lutely not for my baby Morrison.I say, rescept all the fans who were alive in the '60's and saw the Doors in concert.*Pedro, anything on Toronto concert yet?*

#10 flashing bliss

flashing bliss

FB

• Members
  • 785 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:56 AM

I would find it creepy if it were a live gig with the other members backing a hologram. That is no longer possible with the trio of musicians and would be even more so without Ray.

Having said that a hologram on it's own is just another kind of recording, isn't it?
Flash

#11 Shelby68

Shelby68

• Members
  • 927 posts
  • Interests:Music, nature, the getting of wisdom

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:23 PM

Personally, I think it would be too disturbing but I'm only speaking for myself. Felt the same way about Ian Astbury - i could only watch him for a few seconds do his Morrison imitation; it was distasteful, somehow disrespectful. I went to see Ray and Robby when they had the guy from Fuel singing lead and it was great: it was a celebration of brilliant, timeless music, not a minstrel show.

P.S. Thank you for the "You're Lost" clip - never heard that, fascinating. They stopped immediately when he said so! I wonder what pissed Jim off. Don't crowds clap like that sometimes in a harassing way, as if to say "hurry up." I've read that The Doors would sometimes have long pauses in between songs, as they all had to agree on what to play next. Don't know if that was only in their club days or if it continued on into their pro career.

Edited by Shelby68, 30 October 2013 - 03:24 PM.

#12 manhime

manhime

• Members
  • 890 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:50 PM

Personally, I think it would be too disturbing but I'm only speaking for myself. Felt the same way about Ian Astbury - i could only watch him for a few seconds do his Morrison imitation; it was distasteful, somehow disrespectful. I went to see Ray and Robby when they had the guy from Fuel singing lead and it was great: it was a celebration of brilliant, timeless music, not a minstrel show.

P.S. Thank you for the "You're Lost" clip - never heard that, fascinating. They stopped immediately when he said so! I wonder what pissed Jim off. Don't crowds clap like that sometimes in a harassing way, as if to say "hurry up." I've read that The Doors would sometimes have long pauses in between songs, as they all had to agree on what to play next. Don't know if that was only in their club days or if it continued on into their pro career.

I thought I read that Jim found clapping disturbing.

I am surprised people of this board know so much more then me. When it comes to the doors. Wonder why few heard this? Anyone know from what concert?

Edited by manhime, 30 October 2013 - 04:51 PM.

#13 Shelby68

Shelby68

• Members
  • 927 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:48 PM

Stockholm, Sweden 1968! How embarassing, I've had that tape for decades (one of the few bootlegs I own, sadly) but didn't remember this moment. Ay dios mio, and I used to have such a great memory...

#14 Encuentro

Encuentro

• Members
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:28 PM

Stockholm, Sweden 1968! How embarassing, I've had that tape for decades (one of the few bootlegs I own, sadly) but didn't remember this moment. Ay dios mio, and I used to have such a great memory...

I can't access the clip that Manhime posted, but I have the Stockholm shows on CD. They're excellent shows. The Doors at their peak. What do find embarrassing about this moment? Is it the moment when Jim tells an audience member to jump up his ass then asks him or her what he or she is doing there? If so, we don't know what Jim was reacting to. I assumed that Jim was being heckled by this particular audience member.

#15 manhime

manhime

• Members
  • 890 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 02:02 AM

I can't access the clip that Manhime posted, but I have the Stockholm shows on CD. They're excellent shows. The Doors at their peak. What do find embarrassing about this moment? Is it the moment when Jim tells an audience member to jump up his ass then asks him or her what he or she is doing there? If so, we don't know what Jim was reacting to. I assumed that Jim was being heckled by this particular audience member.

Try this link

www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc46l54Cz10

No, it was the WHOLE audience clapping to the beat.

Jim said "OH, STOP THAT!"

Edited by manhime, 31 October 2013 - 02:03 AM.

#16 queenhwy

queenhwy

• Members
  • 2,146 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 02:47 AM

Try this link

Ha, ha. I like that! Thanks for link.

Only in the last few years have I been getting the live stuff. Honestly, I haven't heard it all. I buy certain songs here and there. Eventually I'll get them.
The future's uncertain

#17 Encuentro

Encuentro

• Members
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:31 AM

Try this link

OK. That worked. Thanks. I get the sense that he was joking around with the audience.

#18 Encuentro

Encuentro

• Members
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:35 AM

Ha, ha. I like that! Thanks for link.

Only in the last few years have I been getting the live stuff. Honestly, I haven't heard it all. I buy certain songs here and there. Eventually I'll get them.

If you don't have Stockholm, it's worth getting. Good performances, good sound quality for a bootleg, and it has the only known recorded live version of Love Street.

#19 queenhwy

queenhwy

• Members
  • 2,146 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:10 PM

If you don't have Stockholm, it's worth getting. Good performances, good sound quality for a bootleg, and it has the only known recorded live version of Love Street.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShodhgBsyW4

Thanks for the recommendation! I will look into getting it! I know you all are hardcore Doors fans, so sometimes I look to the fans
for good recommendations. They are never wrong!

:)
The future's uncertain

#20 Shelby68

Shelby68

• Members
  • 927 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:29 PM

The tape I have, IIRC, has two shows in Stockholm, is that right?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users