Photo

Jim Morrison and Jimi Hendrix played A Set Together!!!

36 replies to this topic

#21 manhime

manhime

• Members
  • 890 posts
  • Interests:Peppermint Girl's

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:09 AM

Jimi was the a class act in everyway! I got to meet him at the Monterey Pop Festival. Jimi had more class in his little finger than most people have ever had. He was quiet and extremely polite. He certainly carried a huge presence to say the least. And yes, wasn't that just like Jimi to let Jim come on stage and have his....uhmmmm, time on stage. Jimi was a very laid back guy. Hey and so was Jim......until he lost his mind in a drunken craze. Two Sagittarians.

I just caught the end of Jimi Hendrix American masters. They just said that Monterey was jimi at his prime. You were very lucky to meet him at montery

#22 Texasky

Texasky

• Members
  • 1,100 posts
  • Interests:European History, Riding horses, Poetry, listening to the Wind

Posted 10 November 2013 - 04:29 PM

I just caught the end of Jimi Hendrix American masters. They just said that Monterey was jimi at his prime. You were very lucky to meet him at montery

Yes, I was indeed VERY,VERY LUCKY! My connection for all of this....having a big brother in the music business.

I also was introduced to Janis Joplin ( I love that woman)! And the elegant Brian Jones. He certainly was the Prince of the festival.

Shoot, I died and went to heaven! That festival was a turning point in my young life. I had to get out of Repressed Texas fast. And less than a year later I said goodbye to Texas in my rear view mirror! And hit highway 66 into California. I was floating and on a natural high. Loved the Golden State!
HE COURTED DEATH LIKE IT WAS A DARK ELUSIVE SWEETHEART

#23 manhime

manhime

• Members
  • 890 posts
  • Interests:Peppermint Girl's

Posted 10 November 2013 - 06:34 PM

Yes, I was indeed VERY,VERY LUCKY! My connection for all of this....having a big brother in the music business.

I also was introduced to Janis Joplin ( I love that woman)! And the elegant Brian Jones. He certainly was the Prince of the festival.

Shoot, I died and went to heaven! That festival was a turning point in my young life. I had to get out of Repressed Texas fast. And less than a year later I said goodbye to Texas in my rear view mirror! And hit highway 66 into California. I was floating and on a natural high. Loved the Golden State!

Wonder what would of happened to the Stones if Brian lived?

#24 flashing bliss

flashing bliss

FB

• Members
  • 785 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:57 PM

Well, Mick Taylor and Ronnie Wood may never have joined. I don't know what hardcore Stones fans would say but I, for one, love the 'Wild Horses' era.
Flash

#25 Krammerhead

Krammerhead

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:58 AM

Wonder what would of happened to the Stones if Brian lived?

Nothing would have changed. They'd already kicked him out of the band, so living would have made no difference, he'd be no part of it.
zazzle.com/KrammersEmporium*

#26 StupidGirl

StupidGirl

• Banned
  • 2,835 posts
  • Interests:the truth...for it can be adjusted.....

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:36 AM

They kicked him out of the band? I thought he died & Ronnie Wood took his place? Krammerhead, you like disappear for weeks... and now, leave me to look up Brain Jones....

#27 Krammerhead

Krammerhead

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:26 AM

They kicked him out of the band? I thought he died & Ronnie Wood took his place? Krammerhead, you like disappear for weeks... and now, leave me to look up Brain Jones....

No he'd already been kicked out of the band. He was replaced by Mick Taylor, not Ronnie Wood.

#28 StupidGirl

StupidGirl

• Banned
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:28 AM

hold on...going to my bookshelf to find...something.
the rolling stones..an unauthorized biography
amsco music publishing c 1972
oh , fuvk me, forgot to read it....!

#29 kid

kid

• Members
  • 120 posts
  • Interests:Smart Women. Twilight. Astronomy, History, the mountains , the ocean,. Adventure in the moons glow, Mythology

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:42 PM

Jones wss dumped for excessive drug use . Couldnt play well anymore during rehearsals. The stonies didnt want to dump him. He was an excellent musician. Maybe could have rejoined if for not for being murdered.

#30 kid

kid

• Members
  • 120 posts
  • Interests:Smart Women. Twilight. Astronomy, History, the mountains , the ocean,. Adventure in the moons glow, Mythology

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:43 PM

Jones wss dumped for excessive drug use . Couldnt play well anymore during rehearsals. The stonies didnt want to dump him. He was an excellent musician. Maybe could have rejoined if for not for being murdered.

#31 Krammerhead

Krammerhead

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:54 AM

Debatable that he would have rejoined, Jagger's ego wouldn't allow that. Apparently he had cleaned himself up with the exception of alcohol, and then that dude drowned him in his pool.

#32 flashing bliss

flashing bliss

FB

• Members
  • 785 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 04:43 AM

If Brian Jones had straightened out I could quite see him, Bill Wyman and Ian Stewart lining up on one side and Jagger/Richards on the other. Alan Klein would have had a field day. Oh wait. He did anyway.
Flash

#33 Shelby68

Shelby68

• Members
  • 927 posts
  • Interests:Music, nature, the getting of wisdom

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:56 PM

BTW, on PBS, American Masters has a Jimi Hendrix documentary. Its called "Jimi Hendrix-Hear My Train a Comin"' I'm watching it now, it re-hashes what fans already know, but its still great to watch!

American Masters is a good series, I'll have to keep an eye out to see if they repeat this program. I'm not a big Hendrix fan, but there was another recent documentary that featured the voice of Bootsy Collins reading Jimi's letters to his family back home. It really helped to get to know Hendrix as a person, a very young and sensitive person. It was "Jimi Hendrix: Voodoo Child" and it came out in 2010.

P.S. Tex, you were living the life! Did you get to meet Art Garfunkel or Michelle Phillips?

Edited by Shelby68, 22 November 2013 - 08:56 PM.

#34 Texasky

Texasky

• Members
  • 1,100 posts
  • Interests:European History, Riding horses, Poetry, listening to the Wind

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:30 AM

American Masters is a good series, I'll have to keep an eye out to see if they repeat this program. I'm not a big Hendrix fan, but there was another recent documentary that featured the voice of Bootsy Collins reading Jimi's letters to his family back home. It really helped to get to know Hendrix as a person, a very young and sensitive person. It was "Jimi Hendrix: Voodoo Child" and it came out in 2010.

P.S. Tex, you were living the life! Did you get to meet Art Garfunkel or Michelle Phillips?

No, I didn't meet them. In fact I felt Simon and Garfunkel were out of place at the festival. I was standing with my brother and some other people who were chatting with Mama Cass and when I mentioned something about being from Texas, she laughed and thought I should have on boots and a cowboy hat. I remember her great laugh. By the way, Cass didn't die from choking on a sandwich. That was what was reported in the news. Unfortunately, she died from a heroin overdose.

I hope they play the documentary again. I'd very much like to hear those letters that Jimi wrote to his family.

Edited by Texasky, 25 November 2013 - 12:32 AM.

HE COURTED DEATH LIKE IT WAS A DARK ELUSIVE SWEETHEART

#35 StupidGirl

StupidGirl

• Banned
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 07:46 AM

What ya think ya gonna do with Catherine???

#36 StupidGirl

StupidGirl

• Banned
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:53 AM

No he'd already been kicked out of the band. He was replaced by Mick Taylor, not Ronnie Wood.

they kick him out; and allow wyman *buyer of 13 year old girl* to take his place/ / fuvk you.

#37 Krammerhead

Krammerhead

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:33 PM

they kick him out; and allow wyman *buyer of 13 year old girl* to take his place/ / fuvk you.

It wasn't a choice between one or the other. But you knew that.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users