Here's a link for anyone who wants to watch:

https://www.youtube....h?v=aYS7bkF9FVk

#3 Texasky

Texasky

• Members
  • 1,100 posts
  • Interests:European History, Riding horses, Poetry, listening to the Wind

Posted 01 May 2014 - 05:02 AM

Well Dave, now we know who you are and what you look like.  

That was entertaining to watch the Doors World Series. Those are hard core serious Doors fans.

Doesn't Jac Holzman look good and his mind is still sharp.  Robby looks great too!  

Thanks for sharing the clip. 

Edited by Texasky, 01 May 2014 - 05:44 PM.

HE COURTED DEATH LIKE IT WAS A DARK ELUSIVE SWEETHEART

#4 flashing bliss

flashing bliss

FB

• Members
  • 785 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:36 AM

Really well produced event there with Jac and Robby interracting with fans.   Well worth watching and it kept me from going to bed on time.

Loved it at the end where Bradley told us how he'd gotten into The Doors.   Can't be many who's first track was 'When The Music's Over'.  What a baptism of fire lol

Flash

#5 freedomgirl

freedomgirl

• Members
  • 374 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Music, Movies, Poetry, trying to get people in my little surrounding to learn to think on their own, not what they´re told..., to realize their head is the only place to be free.

Posted 01 May 2014 - 03:52 PM

Thanks for sharing this Familiar Freak!

I wonder what this magazine or book with Doors stories is that Jac Holzman mentions at the end of the clip. Does anyone know something about it?

Maybe Robby should come here to read, I see a lot of female Doors fans post here... :)

Edited by freedomgirl, 01 May 2014 - 04:02 PM.

...He communicated with emotion, rage, grace, and wisdom. He offered very little in the way of compromise...

#6 Encuentro

Encuentro

• Members
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 06:54 PM

How many of you watched it live? 

I watched it live, Dave. I enjoyed it very much. I got kick out of that little "Shh" moment between you and Robby concerning a certain mysterious recording. I did very well myself, thank you very much. I was stumped by the photographer for the L.A. Woman cover and the political figure who Jim playfully claimed called him during the Chicago 1970 concert. I had not heard that story before. I'm a little disappointed to hear that Robby is no longer working on his memoir. We need a final chapter in the Doors memoir trilogy.

Nice to see you around. We missed you.

Edited by Encuentro, 01 May 2014 - 07:02 PM.

#7 freedomgirl

freedomgirl

• Members
  • 374 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Music, Movies, Poetry, trying to get people in my little surrounding to learn to think on their own, not what they´re told..., to realize their head is the only place to be free.

Posted 03 May 2014 - 06:34 PM

I watched it live, Dave. I enjoyed it very much. I got kick out of that little "Shh" moment between you and Robby concerning a certain mysterious recording. I did very well myself, thank you very much. I was stumped by the photographer for the L.A. Woman cover and the political figure who Jim playfully claimed called him during the Chicago 1970 concert. I had not heard that story before. I'm a little disappointed to hear that Robby is no longer working on his memoir. We need a final chapter in the Doors memoir trilogy.

Nice to see you around. We missed you.

Yes I enjoyed this "Shh moment" between Dave and Robby too, but Encuentro that Dave may lets say know somehting about this mysterious recording is just an other rumor as Robby hurried to say... :lol: I also wish Robby would change his mind and start working on his memoir again. It would be interesting to get his take about things.

Edited by freedomgirl, 03 May 2014 - 06:41 PM.

...He communicated with emotion, rage, grace, and wisdom. He offered very little in the way of compromise...

#8 manhime

manhime

• Members
  • 890 posts
  • Interests:Peppermint Girl's

Posted 03 May 2014 - 09:42 PM

Thanks for video

#9 FamiliarFreak

FamiliarFreak

• Super Administrators
  • 5,873 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 02:03 AM

Glad you guys liked it.  I had a blast being a part of it.  And the "shhhh" moment.  Ooops!!  :)

And yes.. now you finally know who I am!  

Dave

#10 hardrockcafe

hardrockcafe

• Members
  • 806 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 07:51 PM

Hi Dave, Since the cat is out of the bag, can you give us an more info on the Paris Blues tape that Robby said you found?  Is this tape complete and from a high fidelity source?  Were you able to find the multitracks?  A 1/4" reel to reel tape?  A cassette?  Etc?

#11 Encuentro

Encuentro

• Members
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 03:24 AM

^ Yeah, what he said. Enquiring minds want to know.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users