Photo

Newbie Thread

1257 replies to this topic

#1 FamiliarFreak

FamiliarFreak

• Super Administrators
  • 5,873 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 09:34 PM

New members, say hello and introduce yourselves. Just click the "Add Reply" button and tell us something about yourself, who you are, where you're from, why you like The Doors, etc. Let me be the first to welcome you to the Official Doors board!
Dave

#2 Lillith

Lillith

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 01:24 AM

[COLOR=purple] Hello all,
I am new to this forum...I have been a Doors fan since childhood listening to my parents 8-track tapes in the back of the family van. i am now 34 and have a family of my own but, never outgrew my love of jim's music over the years. My favorite is "Love Her Madly" and i really like "Spanish Caravan" too. wink.gif

#3 bluesunday12

bluesunday12

• Members
  • 763 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 01:32 AM

I've been a Doors fan for about 20 years running and a serious Doors fan (collecting audience tapes and the like) for about five years now. I'm a San Francisco native and live here now. I am definitely opinionated when it comes to Doors concerts and am happy to engage with anyone on the merits of any Doors show that I've listened to. I look forward to purchasing the Doors Live in Philadelphia. I love the Doors music because they sounded so much different than any other band during the late 1960's. They had a unique sound (except the Soft Parade album which was their weakest, IMO) and more importantly a unique man behind the mic who wrote the majority of their songs, one AKA Jim Morrison. I'm fascinated by Jim's lyrics and by his poetry. I keep imagining what it would have been like to have been in a band with Jim Morrison as front man and chief song writer. I'm sure it would have been one hell of a ride...

#4 Doors Lover

Doors Lover

• Members
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 01:37 AM

:cheers: Welcome! Hope you guys enjoy.

#5 mixolydian lydian

mixolydian lydian

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 02:26 AM

welcome biggrin.gif

#6 NP

NP

• Members
  • 2,008 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 04:07 AM

Hey...I'm new to this board, I don't usually join these types of things. But this time I figured, what the hell why not? I'm 15 and live in southern California. And I've been a fan of The Doors for pretty much my whole life. My dad likes them a lot, and was the one who first introduced me to their music. My favorite song right now is Ship of Fools. But overall I like their first album the most.
aint no such thing as leftover crack

#7 King Morrison

King Morrison

• Members
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 05:37 AM

Welcome to all Newbies! :cheers:

#8 FreedomMan

FreedomMan

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 08:52 AM

Hi everybody,

although I've been posting here for several times during the last two years or so, I think, I never introduced myself. So, though not being a real "neby", some informations:

I'm from Germany and 50 years old now (too old to rock'n-roll, too young to die), listening to (and loving!) DOORS music since more than 30 years. I didn't care much about the band members until I saw the Oliver Stone movie. The person of Jim Morrison portraited there shocked me, because I was sure that an artist creating such phantastic songs could never have been the destructive guy Oliver Stone showed us. This finally led me into writing my own novel, a DOORS-related phantasy of magical und mystical events, showing an anti-Stone (but of course in no way objective) picture of and being my personal way to honour the DOORS and Jim Morrison.

Love and peace

FreedomMan

#9 WordMan

WordMan

• Members
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 12:39 PM

Hi, I'm new here. I've been a fan of the Doors for at least a day but no longer than 80 years. So, I think that would count me as hardcore. I'm 27, I'm cute, I'm sassy and I'm so NOT afraid to go there.

Alreet, I'm not new. I'm so old. But Apollo Creeds been training me for my comeback to the board. At first he didn't want me to comeback, said I was a bum, said "Stay in school and use your brain. Be a doctor, be a lawyer, carry a leather briefcase. Forget about the Lizard Lounge. Doors make ya grunt and smell. See, be a thinker, not a stinker. "

But I felt I had one fight left in me.

Finally he relented. "See that look in their eyes, Wordy? You gotta get that look back, Wordy. Eye of the tiger, man." Apollo's words were golden. Training went on for months. Ego's set aside, old wounds healed. Pride.... yes, pride.... Swallowed straight up with no chaser. "Now, when we posted, you had that eye of the tiger, man; the edge! And now you gotta get it back, and the way to get it back is to go back to the beginning. You know what I mean?"

So, taking Apollo's words to heart, I'm starting from the beginning. Reintroducing myself.

This is for all the people I used to run with.... Before Apollo was beat to death by Ivan Drago he left me with this... "We always have to be in the middle of the action 'cause we're the warriors. And without some challenge, without some damn war to fight then the warriors might as well be dead, Stallion, I mean Wordy. Now I'm asking you - as a friend - stand by my side this one last time."

:devil: Rocky V sucks! :wtf:

#10 dot

dot

• Administrators
  • 7,369 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 12:52 PM

Welcome Newbies, Worda.. y. biggrin.gif
dot@thedoors.com

#11 WordMan

WordMan

• Members
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 01:26 PM

I prefer Slapass to wordass... :peace:

#12 jdm_1971

jdm_1971

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 01:36 PM

hi im new here and just wanted to say hi.ive been a doors fan since my uncle put the doors on for me when i was a kid and ave liked them every since.

#13 justlikepam

justlikepam

• Members
  • 556 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 01:37 PM

Originally posted by jdm_1971@Oct 27 2005, 05:36 AM
hi im new here and just wanted to say hi.ive been a doors fan since my uncle put the doors on for me when i was a kid and ave liked them every since.

Welcome aboard...jdm 1971. :cheers:

#14 jdm_1971

jdm_1971

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 02:17 PM

Originally posted by justlikepam+Oct 27 2005, 07:37 AM-->
QUOTE(justlikepam @ Oct 27 2005, 07:37 AM)

Welcome aboard...jdm 1971. :cheers:

[/b]

thanks justlike pam btw my name is mike

#15 screamofthebutterfly

screamofthebutterfly

• Members
  • 4,411 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 07:20 PM

Welcome everybody! This is a really great place to come and hang out in and learn all about The Doors! Hope you enjoy the ride! :cheers:
"you are the blood, I am the flame, you are the sun, I am the same..."

#16 Love Hides

Love Hides

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 07:33 PM

Newbie Here from DC, Doors fan for 20 years...

It was hard but I finally found a user name to match one of my favourite Doors songs. Its a good time to be a Doors fan, lots of exciting new releases ahead!

#17 mixolydian lydian

mixolydian lydian

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 08:33 PM

welcome :cheers: Love Hides

#18 Dusty*jewel

Dusty*jewel

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 05:08 AM

[FONT=Geneva][SIZE=7][COLOR=green][B]

"Is evreybody in?is evreybody in? the ceremony is about to begin!!!
hey wuts up guys? my name is fatima i m 16, live in so. cali...love jim morrison and the doors...i m hooked on bios on jim..i collect the doors records..make doors shirts and sweaters for my friends...i was first introduced to the doors since i was about 11....and i still love them..i m glad to be part of this!!!

#19 maattajanne

maattajanne

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 08:12 AM

Hi,

my english is not good but let's try, as you can see i am new here, my nick is my name (Maatta Janne) and the country is Finland, age is 26 :shades:

#20 King Morrison

King Morrison

• Members
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 08:14 AM

yo, Janne Welcome! :shades: luckily we have two "Finlanders" here! :cheers:

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users