Photo

Message From The Doors

84 replies to this topic

#21 FamiliarFreak

FamiliarFreak

• Super Administrators
  • 5,873 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 04:23 AM

The building of a new "wealth of doors knowledge" begins today. Hoepfully you'll decide to be a part of it.
Dave

#22 Hamlet

Hamlet

• Members
  • 2,956 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 05:15 AM

It is wonderful to hear from The Doors.
we´s just joy-ridin´

#23 King Morrison

King Morrison

• Members
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 05:16 AM

everything is gone...

#24 The Real Lizard King

The Real Lizard King

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 05:26 AM

:cheers:

#25 Hamlet

Hamlet

• Members
  • 2,956 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 05:28 AM

I think it´s for the better. I really do.
When I first joined I was astounded at some of the attacks from freaks.

Some of the smileys including this :bird: encourage that.

But I don´t know how politically correct you want to be.
we´s just joy-ridin´

#26 Forever_Here

Forever_Here

• Members
  • 975 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 05:32 AM

trust me, this place place isnt half as bad as one im joined in but this is the doors :peace: but yeah awesome and thanks for the message.

*edit* now i dont know what to say haha

#27 King Morrison

King Morrison

• Members
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 05:58 AM

changes were quite radical

#28 Doorsmanagement

Doorsmanagement

Yo, 'sup?

• Members
  • 2,278 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 07:34 AM

Originally posted by BlueSunday23@Oct 26 2005, 09:21 PM
I have to say the elimination of the informative threads is a total waste.  Many know filled posts have been totally flushed down the drain.  I know myself and other often checked the past threads for their wealths of doors knowledge.

Nothing is "gone"......it's all archived, all saved, and if there is enough demand, we can start sifting through it and bringing some of it back out. No worries!

FamiliarFreak will most likely create a new topic dealing with any particular wants/desires concerning archived threads, and I am sure he'll see what he can do to get them back up for you guys at some point soon.

#29 KingG

KingG

• Members
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 08:23 AM

Originally posted by Doorsmanagement+Oct 27 2005, 12:34 AM-->
QUOTE(Doorsmanagement @ Oct 27 2005, 12:34 AM)

Nothing is "gone"......it's all archived, all saved, and if there is enough demand, we can start sifting through it and bringing some of it back out. No worries!

FamiliarFreak will most likely create a new topic dealing with any particular wants/desires concerning archived threads, and I am sure he'll see what he can do to get them back up for you guys at some point soon.

[/b]

Not being able to access all of the previous old posts/threads is horrible in my opinion.

One of the main reasons for visiting these boards (for me anyway) was to look back at previous posts and learn information on recordings/shows.

All of the old posts/threads should be put back because it's not like it's one or two things us hardcore fans "want/desire concerning archived threads"; all should be accessable for everyone.

I understand your reasoning behind eliminating all the old stuff but a part of Doors' fans' history is gone (or at least "archived".)

#30 Skye

Skye

• Banned
  • 4,055 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 10:03 AM

Originally posted by Hamlet@Oct 27 2005, 01:28 AM
I think it´s for the better. I really do.
When I first joined I was astounded at some of the attacks from freaks.

Some of the smileys including this :bird: encourage that.

But I don´t know how politically correct you want to be.

i've cleared out some of the smilies now.. :shades:

#31 Guest_TheWallsScreamedPoetry_*

Guest_TheWallsScreamedPoetry_*
  • Registered Users

Posted 27 October 2005 - 10:13 AM

Originally posted by FamiliarFreak@Oct 25 2005, 09:39 PM
You will still be able to discuss The Doors (67-71) here on the Lizard Lounge, and Ray/Robby/John “post-Morrison” projects on their respective boards.

Thanks!
“The Moderators”

presume you meant The Doors (67-73) mate! As after all they carried on for two years after Jim died.
I presume we discuss Other Voices/Full Circle and the break up of The Doors in 1973 here as well :cheers:

And yes its sad and perhaps a tad unnecessary that so much cool info was lost but I guess it will eventually end up back here and give the newcomers a chance to particiapte in building up a new history of this message board. smile.gif

#32 King Morrison

King Morrison

• Members
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 10:21 AM

we can make history, not change it :peace:

#33 mizscarlett43

mizscarlett43

Bitch Emeritus

• Members
  • 5,774 posts
  • Interests:Politics; History (Medieval English, Victorian English and American, esp. William Bonney/Lincoln County War); Permaculture; Mexican and Moroccan Folk Art and Vernacular Architecture

Posted 27 October 2005 - 11:01 AM

Originally posted by FamiliarFreak@Oct 27 2005, 01:33 AM
You're correct.  It's gone.  Tabula rosa. 

tabula rasa :shades:
I still believe in the Cosmic Giggle, even if Rolling Stone doesn't any more.

#34 Psychic Linda

Psychic Linda

• Members
  • 1,814 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 01:01 PM

Bravo to DAVE, the DOORS and the moderators for this clean up. It was long over-due.

Long live The DOORS!!! Thanks for the caring message :cheers:

#35 justlikepam

justlikepam

• Members
  • 556 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 01:07 PM

Originally posted by Psychic Linda@Oct 27 2005, 05:01 AM
Bravo to DAVE, the DOORS and the moderators for this clean up.  It was long over-due.

Long live The DOORS!!!  Thanks for the caring message :cheers:

Hi Linda ...glad to see your back here...hope to keep hearing
from you.
:peace:

#36 screamofthebutterfly

screamofthebutterfly

• Members
  • 4,411 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 02:33 PM

The message from Ray, John and Robby is what we have needed for a long time. I like the idea of starting fresh.
"you are the blood, I am the flame, you are the sun, I am the same..."

#37 King Morrison

King Morrison

• Members
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 03:26 PM

Board is quickly when it have less topics biggrin.gif

#38 ReedB926

ReedB926

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • Interests:The Doors

Posted 27 October 2005 - 03:53 PM

I am very happy the Doors have finally stepped in to save the message boards. As an enormous lover of the Doors and a member of these boards from the beginning it has gotten more and more painful for me to read the postings in these forums. I am even ashamed at times to be counted among some of the disrespectful people who have nothing better to do than start fights on these message boards. I hope this will return to a positive and informative forum where we can all celebrate the music we love so much.

So here's a positive note to get things going:

The Doors changed my life. Their influence has been the most profound of any in my life. They inspired me to learn the guitar and gave me something to relate to when I was in my developmental teens. The music they made spoke to me in a way that I still don't completely understand. I just know that I've always felt an immediate connection with the music and the history of the band. They continue to be a source of inspiration and comfort in my life. I owe so much to Jim, Ray, John, and Robby. I can never thank them enough for what they have given to us. All I can say is THANK YOU!!

#39 clarknova

clarknova

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 03:56 PM

a fresh start is allways good but.....theres a lot of information that is gone now...but for me the most inportant part that is gone is "Those rare seldom seen photos" cause there was a lot of pages with excellent photos that only few people have or find in the net...thats the reason why i first joined..i was looking for rare photos and i was astonished with the large quantity and variety that that forum had (fortunatly i saved them all to my computer smile.gif )......sadly gone...

:peace:

by the way....i send 2 emails to forum admin about having problems accessing the forum...just hope when i go back home everything is OK...

#40 takingthedoorstotaiwan

takingthedoorstotaiwan

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 04:03 PM

This is strange, very strange - everyone including my self seems a little cold now! The forum at the moment seems to be a little icy! I hope it gets going again soon cos i only just found it! I kinda feel a bit sad but i dunno why - i guess its thinking that K, M and Densmore felt so strongly that they had to take such action. Went to see Ian Brown (Stone Roses front man - said at a gig that it aint where your from that counts but where your at) and as he sang Sally Cinamon a guy battered me (most were middleaged shaven headed types me i had a stripey top n handlebar mustache) and Ian Brown sang on as the bouncers dragged me off to the St John's Ambulance room n i thought does he know what his "fans" are like and felt really down. So if fans who just love the Doors have felt shit about stuff thats been said then I think its a brave and really good thing theyve decided to do.

I hope that the atmosphere can loosen up a bit. Gonna go out on a limb here n test what were allowed to say - has anyone been to the Doors Cafe in Amsterdam (think there may be two) I did my first real whack o mushrooms there January jus gone (im only a youngun) and the people, the music and the atmosphere were amazing! - you didnt feel like they wanted you to buy anything they just wanted you to get into a good state of mind and be happy. A great place to go! argh gotta go my school is closing its midnight n been pissing around on net instead o writing lesson plans! The Doors Cafe is amazing anyone who likes the Doors n a lill bit o drugs should go. Gonna listen to the Doors tonight - to be honest i haven't for a while. Hope this place gets rolling again.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users