Photo

Message From The Doors

84 replies to this topic

#41 iwanttobeready

iwanttobeready

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 04:53 PM

I am very glad that the Doors have taken a hard look and an interest in the goings on at their board. I applaud them.

I am also going to look forward to persons not even interested in the Doors to perhaps take flight....for they have proved themselves to be very provocative and incindiary.

I take my share of blame for provocation, but nitpicking all sorts of things and making false accusations, playing favorites all around and having cliques with a clique of fans, seems to do nothing more than inflame many situations and, IMO, aren't worth discussing. We many times alienate our best buddies here; the Doors fans themselves, when that isn't the intent of many posts, yet there it is.

I am happy for a new start and plan to use it wisely, I would hope.......and I shall not let anyone set me off again, like a firecracker, so help me and don't give in or emulate persons who are here to hurt and harm and mock and create havoc.

Thanks to everyone, the guys in the band, the people behind the scenes and the people up front and here everyday, having to weave through tons of unseemly threads.

I, for one, will be glad to have a fresh view of the Band and its' fans and to be able to really enjoy, once again, the important stuff, the MUSIC.

The fighting has been an awful thing to be a part of or witness and as brothers and sister may fight, can we not at least be civil to the people who share our enthusiasm for the band itself?

I am happy to be a part of something that shall elevate the legacy of some 30 plus years of goings on, even if some years were more favorite, to me than others, I'll gain nothing by alienation.

Someone on the board once said "it is not what you say, but how you make others feel (about themselves and yourself) when you post" and this is as good an explanation as any.

*off soapbox*

#42 lonepantherx1..

lonepantherx1..

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 05:39 PM

:jim: :ray: :robbie: :john: :cheers:

#43 King Morrison

King Morrison

• Members
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 05:41 PM

Doors is still alive, although board has changed :shades: :cheers:
:jim: :john: :robbie: :ray:

#44 ptlwp

ptlwp

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 06:14 PM

Originally posted by iwanttobeready@Oct 27 2005, 12:53 PM
I am very glad that the Doors have taken a hard look and an interest in the goings on at their board. I applaud them.

I am also going to look forward to persons not even interested in the Doors to perhaps take flight....for they have proved themselves to be very provocative and incindiary.

I take my share of blame for provocation, but nitpicking all sorts of things and making false accusations, playing favorites all around and having cliques with a clique of fans, seems to do nothing more than inflame many situations and, IMO, aren't worth discussing. We many times alienate our best buddies here; the Doors fans themselves, when that isn't the intent of many posts, yet there it is.

I am happy for a new start and plan to use it wisely, I would hope.......and I shall not let anyone set me off again, like a firecracker, so help me and don't give in or emulate persons who are here to hurt and harm and mock and create havoc.

Thanks to everyone, the guys in the band, the people behind the scenes and the people up front and here everyday, having to weave through tons of unseemly threads.

I, for one, will be glad to have a fresh view of the Band and its' fans and to be able to really enjoy, once again, the important stuff, the MUSIC.

The fighting has been an awful thing to be a part of or witness and as brothers and sister may fight, can we not at least be civil to the people who share our enthusiasm for the band itself?

I am happy to be a part of something that shall elevate the legacy of some 30 plus years of goings on, even if some years were more favorite, to me than others, I'll gain nothing by alienation.

Someone on the board once said "it is not what you say, but how you make others feel (about themselves and yourself) when you post" and this is as good an explanation as any.

*off soapbox*

Petition the Lord with Prayer!!!!!!

#45 dot

dot

• Administrators
  • 7,369 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 10:55 AM

Originally posted by ptlwp+Oct 27 2005, 02:14 PM-->
QUOTE(ptlwp @ Oct 27 2005, 02:14 PM)

Petition the Lord with Prayer!!!!!!

[/b]

Welcome back to the LL. :cheers:
dot@thedoors.com

#46 Shannon Hoon

Shannon Hoon

Alpha Male

• Members
  • 6,929 posts
  • Interests:Israel

Posted 28 October 2005 - 11:33 AM

....... dot :rolling:
Sometimes you've got to do what you've got to do. Even if his name is Doug.

#47 dot

dot

• Administrators
  • 7,369 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 11:34 AM

Hoon.. Be good. :rolling:
dot@thedoors.com

#48 Shannon Hoon

Shannon Hoon

Alpha Male

• Members
  • 6,929 posts
  • Interests:Israel

Posted 28 October 2005 - 12:19 PM

I will.
I appreciate the second chance here at the LL.
I am a changed man. I've been reformed.
Sometimes you've got to do what you've got to do. Even if his name is Doug.

#49 dot

dot

• Administrators
  • 7,369 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 12:31 PM

:cheers:

wub.gif
dot@thedoors.com

#50 Dance on Fire

Dance on Fire

• Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 11:21 PM

This is the first time I've been here since the new changes...
What a fresh new idea... very cool indeed! :jim: :ray: :john: :robbie:

:shades:

#51 Uncle Meat

Uncle Meat

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 11:04 AM

I'm afraid of changes.
"There ain't no dark till something shines."
Townes Van Zandt

#52 Psychic Linda

Psychic Linda

• Members
  • 1,814 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 12:44 PM

QUOTE(Uncle Meat @ Nov 2 2005, 06:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm afraid of changes.
[/b]

Change is good!

#53 billyd

billyd

• Members
  • 650 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 12:48 AM

no more bitching allowed on the boards?? FUCK! biggrin.gif I admire the desire for positivity and a fresh start, i really do... but, i think everyone can agree that controversy has always surrounded the band. as long as BMA starts rolling out the releases, and john's kosher with ray and robby continuing to tour (under ANY name, i could give a crap less ~ call 'em "the fucknuts", or "the spoons", "the ray and robby experience", whatever). i've had it with the crap ~ lets all get back to the MUSIC. can't wait to open up a new release and sit and chat about it for a few hours... time to get back to our roots ~ count me in!!

#54 Roz G

Roz G

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 10:21 AM

QUOTE(FamiliarFreak @ Oct 25 2005, 01:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
TO ALL DOORS FANS, BOARDS MEMBERS AND MODERATORS

Here is a personal message to all of you from Ray Manzarek, John Densmore and Robby Krieger:

When we first envisioned the creation of The Doors Message Boards we had a purpose in mind –-- to foster a place for Doors fans from all over the world to come, be part of a community, and contribute to the legacy of The Doors, as well as provide a safe haven that offered support, understanding and a common, shared purpose: Love of The Doors, Jim Morrison, his poetry, our music, and everything The Doors stand for as a group. We have watched with concern as the message boards have been usurped in their purpose and, through the negativity of several members, have devolved into hate, recrimination and plain old mean-spiritedness. This is no longer a community we can support.

As The Doors, we have had personal disagreements with each other, and we have differing feelings and opinions regarding several issues that are important to us. However, we also have well over thirty years of history with each other and have had, many times over our decades together, differing viewpoints on important issues. This has never stopped us from stating our views, both personally and as Doors members – and it has never stopped us from working together towards our one common goal: the support, concern, and fostering of THE DOORS as a band.

Yes, we have each been guilty of some of the same things we see happening on the boards. Yes, we have each stumbled and sometimes said things in anger that we later regretted. We are not saints, and we are not asking you to be, either. However, The Doors are bigger than any of us individually, and we are all committed to bringing the legacy, the principles we believe in as a band, and the music of The Doors forward for the next generations to come. We have, sometimes with great difficulty and inner turmoil, put our personal feelings aside in order to cooperate in this endeavor. Now we are asking each of you to do the same.

We have decided to make some changes to our message boards. Many of you have strong opinions on issues that are important to you. We encourage you to express your opinions, but to do so IN AN ATMOSPHERE OF LOVE AND SUPPORT, contributing to a positive, uplifting environment where all Doors fans can come. We are not interested in supporting an environment where participants are called names, ridiculed, or viciously attacked, whether the target be any one of you, us, our management team, our advisors or anyone else.

To help in this endeavor, effective immediately we are moving the ROTS board, and all individual member and member project threads, off of The Doors Message Boards and onto each member’s own website. You may go to these individual websites to discuss your opinions about ROTS, Tribaljazz, The Butts Band, The Robby Krieger Band, and other issues not related to The Doors as a whole. However, none of us will tolerate rude behavior on our individual sites, either. We are not interested in anyone coming here to ridicule any one of us, or any of you, for any reason. If you want to do that, find another forum – it’s a free country and a wide world, but here on The Doors Message Boards and on our individual boards, it will not be tolerated.

We have instructed our manager, Jeff Jampol, to watch over the boards, and to permanently ban any member making incendiary or name-calling attacks in their posts. His word will be final and irrevocable. If you disagree with anything that is going on, or with an individual band member’s stance on an issue, we are not censoring you – you are free to speak your mind, in a positive, uplifting, contributory way.

Don’t forget, we have been brothers-in-arms for well over three decades, and none of us is willing to let outsiders or fans come between us, even though we may have attacked each other in the past. That is sometimes - sadly - what brothers do. Yes, there have been a lot of hurt feelings among us, angry sentiments, even bitter infighting that may take a long time to heal – if ever. But we all stand together when it comes to The Doors, and the legacy we wish to leave behind, and we will close ranks to defend against any attacks from outside our inner circle, no matter who the target – or the attacker - may be.

If you wish to go sound off and attack The Doors – or any one of us - feel free to do so, but not on The Doors Message Boards, which we finance and make available to you as a service. We do, however, look forward to continuing to facilitate the spirited discussions among our fans, and even our critics, that we have come to appreciate. Just leave the personal animosities, name-calling, accusations and viciousness at home. Or write to your congressperson!

Love -

Ray Manzarek, John Densmore and Robby Krieger
THE DOORS
[/b]

#55 Roz G

Roz G

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 10:35 AM

Good on The Doors!!! There's enuff BS flying around out there,it's nice 2 know y'all still have the guts 2 speak out.Whatever happened 2 respect,live and let live,agree 2 disagree?

#56 Gym Moreison

Gym Moreison

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 11:46 PM

i hate what this place has become.. i'm leaving. bye.

#57 screamofthebutterfly

screamofthebutterfly

• Members
  • 4,411 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 10:52 PM

QUOTE(Shannon Hoon @ Oct 28 2005, 04:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I will.
I appreciate the second chance here at the LL.
I am a changed man. I've been reformed.
[/b]

Hey Hoon, good to see you over here. :cheers:
"you are the blood, I am the flame, you are the sun, I am the same..."

#58 thingplate

thingplate

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 04:38 PM

hi i just want to say i have always loved the music. my name is mark.my freind is named doug ingle jr and i cannot get in touch him.it sems as though he has dissapeared of the face of the earth.Anyways i am writting reguarding his recording with Cliff morrison.When my daughter was born 7 years ago he gave me a copy of that recording in which i feel doesnt rightfully belong to me and i d like to return it where it is safe and i am asking where i can do so.i miss my my freind doug ingle jr and i wish he would contact me.We went a backpacking trip for 18 days when i was 18 and he helped save my life when i ODed on alcohol at 12,000 feet in the sierras.we had a band together and did a recording in 1998. i would like to return this tape.I really wished i could have met cliff-i think we might have connected---by the way do u know where doug sr is maybe he could help-doug jr doesnt seem to agknowledge me--i also know vic[ briggs from the animals as well and will try and contact him..Can u guys please help me???this is no joke and i am for real--sincerely Mark Miller--in oregon GRADUATED FROM PATRICK HENERY HIGH IN 82 AND AM 41 NOWquote name='FamiliarFreak' date='Oct 25 2005, 01:39 PM' post='606111']

Here is a personal message to all of you from Ray Manzarek, John Densmore and Robby Krieger:

When we first envisioned the creation of The Doors Message Boards we had a purpose in mind –-- to foster a place for Doors fans from all over the world to come, be part of a community, and contribute to the legacy of The Doors, as well as provide a safe haven that offered support, understanding and a common, shared purpose: Love of The Doors, Jim Morrison, his poetry, our music, and everything The Doors stand for as a group. We have watched with concern as the message boards have been usurped in their purpose and, through the negativity of several members, have devolved into hate, recrimination and plain old mean-spiritedness. This is no longer a community we can support.

As The Doors, we have had personal disagreements with each other, and we have differing feelings and opinions regarding several issues that are important to us. However, we also have well over thirty years of history with each other and have had, many times over our decades together, differing viewpoints on important issues. This has never stopped us from stating our views, both personally and as Doors members – and it has never stopped us from working together towards our one common goal: the support, concern, and fostering of THE DOORS as a band.

Yes, we have each been guilty of some of the same things we see happening on the boards. Yes, we have each stumbled and sometimes said things in anger that we later regretted. We are not saints, and we are not asking you to be, either. However, The Doors are bigger than any of us individually, and we are all committed to bringing the legacy, the principles we believe in as a band, and the music of The Doors forward for the next generations to come. We have, sometimes with great difficulty and inner turmoil, put our personal feelings aside in order to cooperate in this endeavor. Now we are asking each of you to do the same.

We have decided to make some changes to our message boards. Many of you have strong opinions on issues that are important to you. We encourage you to express your opinions, but to do so IN AN ATMOSPHERE OF LOVE AND SUPPORT, contributing to a positive, uplifting environment where all Doors fans can come. We are not interested in supporting an environment where participants are called names, ridiculed, or viciously attacked, whether the target be any one of you, us, our management team, our advisors or anyone else.

To help in this endeavor, effective immediately we are moving the ROTS board, and all individual member and member project threads, off of The Doors Message Boards and onto each member’s own website. You may go to these individual websites to discuss your opinions about ROTS, Tribaljazz, The Butts Band, The Robby Krieger Band, and other issues not related to The Doors as a whole. However, none of us will tolerate rude behavior on our individual sites, either. We are not interested in anyone coming here to ridicule any one of us, or any of you, for any reason. If you want to do that, find another forum – it’s a free country and a wide world, but here on The Doors Message Boards and on our individual boards, it will not be tolerated.

We have instructed our manager, Jeff Jampol, to watch over the boards, and to permanently ban any member making incendiary or name-calling attacks in their posts. His word will be final and irrevocable. If you disagree with anything that is going on, or with an individual band member’s stance on an issue, we are not censoring you – you are free to speak your mind, in a positive, uplifting, contributory way.

Don’t forget, we have been brothers-in-arms for well over three decades, and none of us is willing to let outsiders or fans come between us, even though we may have attacked each other in the past. That is sometimes - sadly - what brothers do. Yes, there have been a lot of hurt feelings among us, angry sentiments, even bitter infighting that may take a long time to heal – if ever. But we all stand together when it comes to The Doors, and the legacy we wish to leave behind, and we will close ranks to defend against any attacks from outside our inner circle, no matter who the target – or the attacker - may be.

If you wish to go sound off and attack The Doors – or any one of us - feel free to do so, but not on The Doors Message Boards, which we finance and make available to you as a service. We do, however, look forward to continuing to facilitate the spirited discussions among our fans, and even our critics, that we have come to appreciate. Just leave the personal animosities, name-calling, accusations and viciousness at home. Or write to your congressperson!

Love -

THE DOORS
[/quote]

QUOTE(Psychic Linda @ Nov 2 2005, 04:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[quote]
QUOTE(Uncle Meat @ Nov 2 2005, 06:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/quote][quote]
I'm afraid of changes.
[/b][/quote]

Change is good!
[/b][/quote]
HI I AGREE WITH YOU-lets get back to the music-i have been blessed in my life -and met alot of people that took me under their wing-such as vic briggs from the animals-who taught me so many things when my folks wre having problems and losing my real mother --i have lots of songs to play like "The white noise of silence" and "Winter feeling" and "Snailstar"

#59 Sevenon

Sevenon

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 04:21 AM

Nothing is "gone"......it's all archived, all saved, and if there is enough demand, we can start sifting through it and bringing some of it back out. No worries!

FamiliarFreak will most likely create a new topic dealing with any particular wants/desires concerning archived threads, and I am sure he'll see what he can do to get them back up for you guys at some point soon.
[/b]

Please do! I came back here looking for a particular PKM thread, about thirty pages long, so I could save it off and read at my leisure, only to find that it (and the wealth of info about Janet, Pam, PKM and Morrison) was gone!

Maybe you could lock the topics and make a separate forum for them?

#60 Sucessful Hills

Sucessful Hills

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 04:53 PM

QUOTE(FamiliarFreak @ Oct 25 2005, 01:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Love -

THE DOORS
[/b]

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users