Photo

jims love

5 replies to this topic

#1 ghost indian

ghost indian

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 11:27 AM

how many of you know what pam went through when jim died, i don't know but them two just clicked, in alot of the songs, he talked about pam from before they met, and didn't stop after they met, i wish life could be that easy. but it aint, cos life is a complete bitch, and nothing goes right unless something goes wrong first,

jim, here's to sex drugs and rock n' roll. you know how to live xxghost indianxx :jim:

#2 Philosopher King

Philosopher King

• Members
  • 954 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 01:07 PM

QUOTE(ghost indian @ Oct 16 2006, 12:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
how many of you know what pam went through when jim died, i don't know but them two just clicked, in alot of the songs, he talked about pam from before they met, and didn't stop after they met, i wish life could be that easy. but it aint, cos life is a complete bitch, and nothing goes right unless something goes wrong first,

jim, here's to sex drugs and rock n' roll. you know how to live xxghost indianxx :jim:
[/b]

Hi there. Welcome on to the boards first of all! :cheers:

In response to your question about what Pamela Courson went through when Jim died (and I suppose after), it wasn't good. She suffered a lot. I wasn't there obviously, but, I've read quite a bit about The Doors and Pam and Jim, but from what I've read and been told, she had major problems in coping with Jim's death. Her mental health suffered a lot, and she continued to speak of Jim as though he was still alive. He was so much to her and I believe she was just heartbroken, which is probably a big part of why she never quit heroin, her use of which led to her tragically early death a few years later.

In many ways, Pamela had a massively interesting and exciting life for having been with Jim Morrison. But the price, her early death, was just way too high a price if you ask me. Don't get me wrong, I think they were meant for each other, but, and not that I'm blaming her, but what a waste of a beautiful young woman's life to die so young. Jim, as you point out, 'talked' about Pam through several songs, my favourite of which is Indian Summer, where he declared his love for her. It must have been great on that level for Pamela, a young woman being told how much she is loved, and knowing that millions of people heard that message as well through listening to Jim's words. And Jim must have been happy for a good deal of his time, knowing that he had someone who loved him very much. On that level, they must have been an amazing influence on each other. But sadly, those two personalities did each other great damage as well, through drug overindulgance and their sheer passionate energy and free living nature. Tragic is for once an appropriate word.

I just hope if there is an afterlife, that they are together again.

Once again, welcome to the boards - hope you stick around and yeah, here's to sex, drugs and rock'n' roll. :cheers: Learn from Jim and Pamela and indulge all three - just not too much! Well, except for the sex and rock 'n' roll, go nuts with those!!! :rolling:

Oh, if you want to know more, go through the previous threads on here - there have been plenty about Pamela Courson, and most of them are goldmines of information, some of which you just can't find out anywhere else! :shades:

PK :peace:

#3 Paige Mc Caulay

Paige Mc Caulay

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 03:32 PM

QUOTE(Philosopher King @ Oct 16 2006, 05:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[quote]
QUOTE(ghost indian @ Oct 16 2006, 12:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/quote][quote]

[/b][/quote]

Hi there. Welcome on to the boards first of all! :cheers:

In response to your question about what Pamela Courson went through when Jim died (and I suppose after), it wasn't good. She suffered a lot. I wasn't there obviously, but, I've read quite a bit about The Doors and Pam and Jim, but from what I've read and been told, she had major problems in coping with Jim's death. Her mental health suffered a lot, and she continued to speak of Jim as though he was still alive. He was so much to her and I believe she was just heartbroken, which is probably a big part of why she never quit heroin, her use of which led to her tragically early death a few years later.

In many ways, Pamela had a massively interesting and exciting life for having been with Jim Morrison. But the price, her early death, was just way too high a price if you ask me. Don't get me wrong, I think they were meant for each other, but, and not that I'm blaming her, but what a waste of a beautiful young woman's life to die so young. Jim, as you point out, 'talked' about Pam through several songs, my favourite of which is Indian Summer, where he declared his love for her. It must have been great on that level for Pamela, a young woman being told how much she is loved, and knowing that millions of people heard that message as well through listening to Jim's words. And Jim must have been happy for a good deal of his time, knowing that he had someone who loved him very much. On that level, they must have been an amazing influence on each other. But sadly, those two personalities did each other great damage as well, through drug overindulgance and their sheer passionate energy and free living nature. Tragic is for once an appropriate word.

I just hope if there is an afterlife, that they are together again.

Once again, welcome to the boards - hope you stick around and yeah, here's to sex, drugs and rock'n' roll. :cheers: Learn from Jim and Pamela and indulge all three - just not too much! Well, except for the sex and rock 'n' roll, go nuts with those!!! :rolling:

Oh, if you want to know more, go through the previous threads on here - there have been plenty about Pamela Courson, and most of them are goldmines of information, some of which you just can't find out anywhere else! :shades:

PK :peace:
[/b][/quote]

I always love your posts PK. Oh, I love your new avatar too. Pretty, pretty redheads are always welcome here...

#4 Colors0fRain

Colors0fRain

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 05:31 PM

I am sure that Pam had it hard when Jim died I mean who wouldn't. He was like a solid rock for her. I think Jim had this amazing affect on people that he met. People that have met Jim and talked with him years ago still remembers and holds on.I know that they both loved each other.

But I read that the lyrics for 'IndianSummer' wasn't orginally written for Pamela

The girl Jim 'loves the best' in the song Indian Summer is none other than Mary Frances Werbelow.

That particular song was written by Jim in 1965 before he even met Pam Courson. It was recorded for the debut album in 1966 but left off the final cut of songs and re-introduced for the Morrison Hotel album in 1970 after Robbie re-recorded a 1970 guitar track to accompany Jim's vocals that were recorded in '66.

Jim wrote the song about three weeks after Mary left him in the summer of 1965.

For those who are unaware - the concept of an indian summer refers to a period of unusually warm weather in the autumn and is also used metaphorically to refer to anything that blooms late, or unexpectedly, or after it has lost relevance - an apt metaphor for Jim to describe a lament for his lost love whom he still pledges to love the best, better than all the rest in spite of her leaving him.

Since the lyrics of the song was written before he met Pam,I know that the lyrics and meaning of the song probably took on a whole other perspective though later when Jim recorded it for MH and with Pam and mind,heart

#5 laurel_canyon

laurel_canyon

• Moderators
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 03:27 AM

Oh, I didn't know that... You learn something new here every day! How did you know of this?

Lotsa newbies coming to this board lately... cool :shades:

#6 Forever_Here

Forever_Here

• Members
  • 975 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 03:41 AM

interesting

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users