Photo

New Orleans 1970

232 replies to this topic

#1 Oedipus

Oedipus

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 03:38 PM

I would like to hear the last song Jim song on stage "light My Fire" from this show...Will it be released or is it??

#2 FamiliarFreak

FamiliarFreak

• Super Administrators
  • 5,873 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 06:09 PM

QUOTE(Oedipus @ Nov 16 2006, 09:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would like to hear the last song Jim song on stage "light My Fire" from this show...Will it be released or is it??
[/b]

Here's a previous thread on this topic, which I think sums it up..
Dave

http://messageboard....p...=27425&st=0

#3 bluesunday12

bluesunday12

• Members
  • 763 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 08:57 PM

QUOTE(FamiliarFreak @ Nov 16 2006, 06:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[quote]
QUOTE(Oedipus @ Nov 16 2006, 09:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/quote][quote]
[/b][/quote]

Dave

[/b][/quote]

New Orleans is finished, dead, gone, irrelevant. We'll never hear it and it doesn't matter if anyone believes it still exists. Move on from this subject and lets not revisit it anymore...

#4 Oedipus

Oedipus

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 02:00 AM

QUOTE(bluesunday12 @ Nov 16 2006, 03:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[quote]
QUOTE(FamiliarFreak @ Nov 16 2006, 06:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/quote][quote]
QUOTE(Oedipus @ Nov 16 2006, 09:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/quote][quote]
[/b][/quote]

Dave

[/b][/quote]

New Orleans is finished, dead, gone, irrelevant. We'll never hear it and it doesn't matter if anyone believes it still exists. Move on from this subject and lets not revisit it anymore...
[/b][/quote]
Sorry Blue Sunday...didnt know it was such a touchy subject!....I dont read every thread at every second!...didnt know this thread was already discussed....sorry!...I've move on and want look back on this...

#5 FamiliarFreak

FamiliarFreak

• Super Administrators
  • 5,873 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 02:31 AM

No need to apoligize. If you want to discuss, feel free. I just thought you might want to see what's already been discussed. That is one of about 10 threads you'll find if you do a search.
Dave

#6 Oedipus

Oedipus

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 02:09 PM

QUOTE(FamiliarFreak @ Nov 16 2006, 09:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No need to apoligize. If you want to discuss, feel free. I just thought you might want to see what's already been discussed. That is one of about 10 threads you'll find if you do a search.
Dave
[/b]

and I thank you for that Dave...and I guess I got my answer from this and the other threads....

#7 bluesunday12

bluesunday12

• Members
  • 763 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 07:21 PM

Here's what wha happens thinks about New Orleans...a die hard Doors fan if there was one...

Do you know the tape owner? no. Did you ever speak with him? no. BOTH Danny AND Ray tried to get his tape. Danny has gone on record as saying he tried. I was in contact with DS in the late 90s and have e-mails where he said the asking price was too high. The money offer happened before Jeff came on board. Why did he cancel the meetings with Jeff? hmm, maybe it has to do with the offer made. You only hear about things that Jeff wants you to hear. This whole issue has been swept under the carpet, the same with the tapes from wolfgang's vault. The best thing for them is for you to believe there is no N-O tape. Do I think we'll ever hear it, no. But the tape owner IS willing to listen to offers from private collectors who ARE willing to pay his asking price. There are numerous tapes from the Warehouse that have surfaced. But I guess it is a dead issuse because I'm not going to be posting names just to make my point. Let me just say, I talked to more than one person that either worked at the venue or knew the soundman and confirmed this show along with most others were recorded. A very wealthy well known collector listened to the entire 30+ minute tape. We are also hearing now about a possible copy that was made. So let's hear from the people that will tell me to offer some concrete proof blah blah. Don't go through life being so ignorant (that's mainly for Pats Radio). I can't believe some people think just because we don't physically have it, then it doesn't exist and you can't tell them otherwise. And it's mainly because of idiots like him and posts from management (trying their best, well almost, to make people look uncredible) that caused a lot of the knowledgable posters to quit posting on that board. The Doors tapes are one of the most guarded out there, for whatever reason. There are new tapes from bands turning up all the time, many of which people had NO idea existed. How about the new Zeppelin Whisky sb? I remember a certain archivist said the Whisky didn't tape shows, they weren't set up for it...oook.

p.s. remember this camp tried to make us believe that they had the Matrix masters recorded by Rothchild, or that make you buy the same songs over and over for a 'bonus' track, or tell you after the first box set that's all they have, nothing left in the archives depsite ALL of the A-L tapes were digitally transfered for review. So don't blame these tape owners for not being totally honest, they don't care one way or the other.

#8 dj_vera

dj_vera

• Members
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 07:58 PM

I cannot even begin to comprehend why some people doubt the existence of a soundboard recording from The Doors' New Orleans gig. It exists, and can be sold to The Doors if management is willing to cough up the dough to add it to the archives (which I doubt will happen any time soon).

#9 brianoc02115

brianoc02115

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 08:11 PM

New Orleans? Well if there its not there then goood if the guy wants money for it gee 5000$ and a thanks Plus, Jeff gave it a shot I just think there other things he needs to do.

It was the last show and it suck from all accounts so let this one go! Nag about the Wolfgang’s vault show there most likely 4 ~ 67-68-69-70 that could be a nice box set?

#10 dj_vera

dj_vera

• Members
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 08:31 PM

QUOTE(brianoc02115 @ Nov 30 2006, 12:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
New Orleans? Well if there its not there then goood if the guy wants money for it gee 5000$ and a thanks Plus, Jeff gave it a shot I just think there other things he needs to do.

It was the last show and it suck from all accounts so let this one go! Nag about the Wolfgang’s vault show there most likely 4 ~ 67-68-69-70 that could be a nice box set?
[/b]

I agree with you that other recordings you be given priority over N-O, such as the ones recorded at Bill Graham venues, but I think N-O should be considered somewhere down the line for historical significance.

#11 Chris Moise

Chris Moise

• Members
  • 601 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 08:34 PM

Robby said on Rockline earlier this week that they did in fact play Riders at the NO show..

#12 hardrockcafe

hardrockcafe

• Members
  • 806 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 11:53 PM

So NO is a soundboard? mono? or twin track?

#13 LeifH

LeifH

• Members
  • 1,826 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 12:46 AM

I heard 2 track.

#14 hardrockcafe

hardrockcafe

• Members
  • 806 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 01:00 AM

reel to reel or cassette?

#15 LeifH

LeifH

• Members
  • 1,826 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 01:27 AM

Reel to reel is again what I heard.

#16 Pats Radio

Pats Radio

Senior

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 04:08 AM

QUOTE(dj_vera @ Nov 30 2006, 02:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I cannot even begin to comprehend why some people doubt the existence of a soundboard recording from The Doors' New Orleans gig. It exists, and can be sold to The Doors if management is willing to cough up the dough to add it to the archives (which I doubt will happen any time soon).
[/b]

Do you have proof somebody has it? I mean no spin but actual proof? Facts talk...

Pats Radio

:robbie:
Well that's New York for ya. The only people that rush the stage are guys. - Jim

#17 Porsche

Porsche

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 06:28 AM

All of these rumors can be put to rest VERY easily if the New Orleans tape exists because the great thing about tapes is their amazing ability to speak for themselves.

The owner can simply post a clip of the tape somewhere online. Not necessarily an entire song, but enough so that we know it's Jim Morrison and The Doors circa late 1970. If "Riders" was performed, what better proof could there be? We have the Dallas '70 show to compare it to performance-wise (Jim's voice was very distinct after the Isle Of Wight and it would be hard to pass off a fake).

If this alleged collector is in fact interested in private offers, I don't see why he wouldn't be able to make a sound sample available to his potential buyers out there. It would not only prove the tape's existence once and for all, but if there was some "cover up" going on in The Doors camp, a sound sample could finally grease the wheels toward getting a deal made since everyone would know the tape actually existed.

Until then, we're left with guess work, rumor, accusations, and just plain lies that haven't gotten us anywhere in years.

#18 secrethostofthetownship

secrethostofthetownship

• Members
  • 3,501 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 09:48 AM

Yeah,sure,that IS the question.If this private collector IS more then willing to strike a deal and sell this tape,he would probably make some sort of an attempt to put up a clip or two of this concert.

Maybe not a song clip(but that WOULD hlep),but,hows about that portion during the show in which Jim tells that tasteless "fish" joke.You know the blind man.

Put that up w/ a brief snippet of a song performed that night and,i have to agree w/ Porsche that you would indeed get the so-called(as he puts it)wheels greased toward getting a deal going.Or,bare-minimum,spark greater interest in the concert and,perhaps even Rolling Stone may do a write-up on this and The Doors might feel more then a bit compelled to pay a little more then they might of intially.

I wouldn't be all that surpised that it exists.

I mean,the guys took down that photo from their site of Ray standing just behind a film camera.Looks to be a 16mm film cmaera from around the LAW era(judging by Ray's hair length and all).

Now,talking w/ Vince(Treanor)online,we have come to understand,that Bruce and the guys ised a closed-circuit tv video camera set-up(most-likely b & w)to monitor each parties during the in studio work of LAW(Bruce was upstairs and the guys were downstairs).

But,the Doors OBVIOUSLY do not want this advertise,because we would really wanna see this footage.

I mean,i know,one can argue,just because they had this so-called CCTV set-up does not mean they recorded the video.I say,i am sure they DID record bits and pices.Probably not EVERYTHING,but,i'm sure they have a little something.Videotape was SUPER EXPENSIVE back then,but,again,i wouldn't be surprised.

I don't have proof folks,just a hunch,if you will.

#19 samiam236

samiam236

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 12:20 AM

I have a friend that just received an LP from Hong Kong called Prelude to Darkness.......

It claims to have songs from the N-O 12-12-70 show on it........

Side B:

6. You Need Meat, Don't Go No Further (New Orleans 12.12.70)
7. The Journey (New Orleans 12.12.70)
8. Who Scared you (New Orleans 12.12.70)

Is it mislabeled?

PS.....This is a legitimate question and I'm not trying to stir up the pot!

#20 BallroomDays67

BallroomDays67

• Members
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 12:31 AM

QUOTE(samiam236 @ Dec 4 2006, 04:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a friend that just received an LP from Hong Kong called Prelude to Darkness.......

It claims to have songs from the N-O 12-12-70 show on it........

Side B:

6. You Need Meat, Don't Go No Further (New Orleans 12.12.70)
7. The Journey (New Orleans 12.12.70)
8. Who Scared you (New Orleans 12.12.70)

Is it mislabeled?

PS.....This is a legitimate question and I'm not trying to stir up the pot!
[/b]

There are several bootlegs that claim to contain songs from New Orleans. They're all ripoffs.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users