Photo

What Happened to Jim's Car ?

59 replies to this topic

#1 Bunnyman

Bunnyman

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 05:24 AM

I saw his movie he made "HWY" which I downloaded from the Internet..

He drives some couple "American Muscle Car" like a Mustang.

Who got his car after his death?

Is it in a museum where I can go look at it ?

I know there is some museum in LA where they have "Cars of the Stars" like the Batmobile and the Pink Rolls Royce from the Thunderbirds movie.

#2 mewsical

mewsical

• Members
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 02:31 PM

QUOTE (Bunnyman;317728)
I saw his movie he made "HWY" which I downloaded from the Internet..

He drives some couple "American Muscle Car" like a Mustang.

Who got his car after his death?

Is it in a museum where I can go look at it ?

I know there is some museum in LA where they have "Cars of the Stars" like the Batmobile and the Pink Rolls Royce from the Thunderbirds movie.

If you're talking about his blue Mustang, he apparently wrecked it after being thrown out of a club after harassing a waitress.

#3 astralgal69

astralgal69

• Registered Users
  • 294 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 05:13 PM

His car might have been beat on in the past, but it's doing alive and well with over 8000 friends on myspace.
:bows: :bravo: :hysterical: :rolling: :rolling:

http://profile.myspa...iendid=68056856

#4 queenhwy

queenhwy

• Members
  • 2,146 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 07:22 PM

I thought it got stolen from LAX?
The future's uncertain
And the end is always near.

#5 Doorista

Doorista

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 04:18 AM

QUOTE (astralgal69;317759)
His car might have been beat on in the past, but it's doing alive and well with over 8000 friends on myspace.

ROTFL .. I added it

#6 Snakeskin

Snakeskin

• Members
  • 598 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 05:07 AM

QUOTE (queenhwy;317770)
I thought it got stolen from LAX?

Yes, it did get stolen. He has had several mustangs he wrecked a lot of them from hi speed crazy adventures of his.

#7 QueenoftheAngels

QueenoftheAngels

• Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 05:12 AM

I have often wondered about Jim's "Blue Lady"

#8 universalmind69

universalmind69

• Members
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 01:26 PM

QUOTE (Snakeskin;317897)
Yes, it did get stolen. He has had several mustangs he wrecked a lot of them from hi speed crazy adventures of his.

He didn`t "have", as in own, a lot of Mustangs....he "owned" one which was referred to by people as "the blue lady", this one was given to him as a present by Elektra Records.
He might have rented similar cars and crashed them but he only owned that one blue Mustang "Shelby" GT500 which he`s seen driving in HWY..

#9 mewsical

mewsical

• Members
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 02:04 PM

QUOTE (QueenoftheAngels;317899)
I have often wondered about Jim's "Blue Lady"

That was the one he allegedly wrecked after the 'encounter' with the waitress.

#10 queenhwy

queenhwy

• Members
  • 2,146 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 04:40 PM

QUOTE (Snakeskin;317897)

He would get the same car fixed over and over again.
The future's uncertain

#11 Polished_Chrome

Polished_Chrome

• Members
  • 727 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 09:38 PM

There is a Yahoo group devoted to finding the Blue Lady, join up for the latest.....

A sweet ride...

http://home.c2i.net/...elby/index.html

#12 67 Shelby GT 500

67 Shelby GT 500

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 04:04 AM

Greetings,
Let me begin by saying that it would be great if we could actually finally settle this matter. There are many knowledgable people on this forum that certainley have some insight as to what really happend to Jim Morrison's 1967 Shelby GT 500. I have searched this forum in an attempt to find out more information and sadly discovered very little. Despite all of the wild speculation and theories, I have not seen or heard anything that would prove that the car was destroyed. Even in the late 1960's or early 70's a car this nice and expensive should not have been sent to the crusher.
This is an excellent site that talks about Jim's "Blue Lady" http://www.shelbymus...om/morrison.php

Jim drove the Shelby GT 500 from October of 1967 to October or November 1969.
Does anyone know what options came with Morrison's Shelby?
This internet site shows a list of options
http://home.halden.n...p?side=specific

Are there any pictures of Jim with his 67 Shelby? The only ones I have ever seen are from ther movie HWY. Any information or images would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

#13 queenhwy

queenhwy

• Members
  • 2,146 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 06:39 PM

If anyone can ever get a hold of JDM's VIN(vehicle Identification number) number, you will be able to trace the history of the car. With the privacy laws of today, that may be difficult. If someone takes the time to research it I'm sure it may turn up.
The future's uncertain

#14 universalmind69

universalmind69

• Members
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 08:15 PM

QUOTE (queenhwy;318170)
If anyone can ever get a hold of JDM's VIN(vehicle Identification number) number, you will be able to trace the history of the car. With the privacy laws of today, that may be difficult. If someone takes the time to research it I'm sure it may turn up.

Jims "registration paper" with the VIN for the Mustang on it has been sold by the DCM site...the # itself was censored out in the scan of it on the site though.So someone out there has it..

#15 Tell All The People

Tell All The People

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 07:03 PM

Iam not sure off hand but i have seen the company that bought the rights to the VIN number, and are actively looking for the car. I will try to track down the website, which has lots of info.

Regards

#16 easy ride

easy ride

• Registered Users
  • 50 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 07:22 PM

QUOTE (astralgal69;317759)

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

#17 Cienega32

Cienega32

• Members
  • 599 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 07:48 AM

In the original scan of the document only the production number was X'ed out. Later, a smaller scan replaced that one.

If you follow this thread - http://messageboard....read.php?t=7449 down to message numer 9, you'll find a breakdown of the VIN.

And another thread discussing the vehicle: http://messageboard....read.php?t=7706

#18 67 Shelby GT 500

67 Shelby GT 500

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 03:00 AM

Hello,
Thank you for the links Cienega32. This information is helpful. I suppose if one had the production numbers they might be able to find out more about the car? It would be nice to know the history of this 67 GT 500 and where it is today. Do you happen to know of any other images with Jim and his Shelby other than those seen in the movie HWY? I would like to think that a few pictures exist? Thank you. From the home of the Doors Los Angeles California.

#19 QueenoftheAngels

QueenoftheAngels

• Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 01:21 PM

QUOTE (mewsical;317753)
If you're talking about his blue Mustang, he apparently wrecked it after being thrown out of a club after harassing a waitress.

I never was sure about what happened to it either, but thought that was the case.:drinks:

#20 QueenoftheAngels

QueenoftheAngels

• Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 01:23 PM

:-D
QUOTE (67 Shelby GT 500;319294)
Hello,
Thank you for the links Cienega32. This information is helpful. I suppose if one had the production numbers they might be able to find out more about the car? It would be nice to know the history of this 67 GT 500 and where it is today. Do you happen to know of any other images with Jim and his Shelby other than those seen in the movie HWY? I would like to think that a few pictures exist? Thank you. From the home of the Doors Los Angeles California.

Yep. that's the one..... I have been wanting to buy a 2007 blue mustang and call it 'jim"... tee hee hee

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users