Photo

How did he die?

424 replies to this topic

#1 daniel_924

daniel_924

• Registered Users
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 12:53 PM

What do you guys think? Did Jim really die the "official" death?
I'm not sure about that...

#2 Cutki

Cutki

• Registered Users
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 01:15 PM

are you even sure he's dead?!

#3 daniel_924

daniel_924

• Registered Users
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 01:37 PM

QUOTE (Cutki;318925)
are you even sure he's dead?!

yeah, he's dead
if he wouldn't be dead I wouldn't ask how he died...biggrin.gif

#4 mild equator

mild equator

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 04:11 PM

His heart stopped working.
Happens.
I think it's a bunch of bullshit, myself.

#5 Salli

Salli

• Members
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 05:21 PM

Edited by Salli, 12 October 2013 - 10:36 PM.

#6 daniel_924

daniel_924

• Registered Users
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 06:02 PM

Yes, he's dead, but how did he die?
There are a lot of facts which can insecure us, for example that no one exept Pam saw his corpse, and no medic certified that he's dead and so on...:popcorn:

#7 mewsical

mewsical

• Members
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 06:11 PM

He died of heart failure, according to official documents. Either way, though some like to come up with all sorts of theories about heroin and so on, Jim died of natural causes. He had been seeing doctors in both Los Angeles and Paris, and had quite severe upper respiratory problems, which he cavalierly ignored. His lifestyle was also not conducive to getting the rest and medical attention he needed.

#8 Mr.Mojo.Risin

Mr.Mojo.Risin

• Registered Users
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 06:17 PM

I believe the cause of Jim's death was overdose of herion, which he snorted, thinking it was cocaine. Here is what I believed happened. Jim's girlfriend, Pam, had a terrible addiction to herion. Jim was very much against this, and would get into huge violent fights with her about her use. Jim had tried herion a few times and just was not into it. In fact, he was even quoted as saying "I just can't handle the stuff, it makes me sick" so, it clearly was not his drug of choice! Anyway, Jim and Pam were in Paris, France. Jim came back to the apartment late, and when he entered the room, he saw Pam sitting in front of a table with a pile of white powder in front of her. He asked Pam what it was, and Pam, wishing to avoid another fight and not wishing to anger Jim, told him the lie that would end his life. She told him it was cocaine. Jim did like this drug, so he proceded to snort it, thinking it was coke. Within moments, Jim grabbed his chest, and (probably with heart attack) and fell dead to the floor. Pam freaks out, runs across the hall to get someone to help. They set Jim in a tub of warm water (known to revive herion victims) but of course it was far to late.

#9 BallroomDays67

BallroomDays67

• Members
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 06:21 PM

Wasn't there going to be a Doors FAQ thread to address worn-out subjects such as this? No offense, daniel_924.

#10 daniel_924

daniel_924

• Registered Users
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 07:00 PM

I'm sorry, but I didn't know...it won't happen again;)

#11 shelly

shelly

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 08:33 PM

QUOTE (daniel_924;318969)
I'm sorry, but I didn't know...it won't happen again;)

Dont be sorry, if you want to start a conversation about Jim Morrison you are in the right place
Yes,this is something that has been discussed before, but obviously you weren't here then. if others dont like the question being asked again they dont have to read the thread.

#12 BallroomDays67

BallroomDays67

• Members
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 09:24 PM

Conversations have already been started on this subject. That's what the search feature is for. Why not make use of that existing information, instead of starting over from scratch? You'll probably get a lot more information, and without people having to repeat themselves.

#13 Mr.Mojo.Risin

Mr.Mojo.Risin

• Registered Users
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 09:32 PM

QUOTE (shelly;318972)
Dont be sorry, if you want to start a conversation about Jim Morrison you are in the right place
Yes,this is something that has been discussed before, but obviously you weren't here then. if others dont like the question being asked again they dont have to read the thread.

Sure thing Shelly. Oh Yeah, except nobody seems to discuss about it.

#14 BallroomDays67

BallroomDays67

• Members
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 09:48 PM

http://messageboard....ead.php?t=17330

http://messageboard....ead.php?t=18342

#15 Salli

Salli

• Members
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 09:51 PM

Edited by Salli, 12 October 2013 - 10:38 PM.

#16 liz_king

liz_king

• Members
  • 351 posts
  • Interests:loves music, loves to dance

Posted 03 June 2007 - 09:52 PM

QUOTE (Mr.Mojo.Risin;318965)
I believe the cause of Jim's death was overdose of herion, which he snorted, thinking it was cocaine. Here is what I believed happened. Jim's girlfriend, Pam, had a terrible addiction to herion. Jim was very much against this, and would get into huge violent fights with her about her use. Jim had tried herion a few times and just was not into it. In fact, he was even quoted as saying "I just can't handle the stuff, it makes me sick" so, it clearly was not his drug of choice! Anyway, Jim and Pam were in Paris, France. Jim came back to the apartment late, and when he entered the room, he saw Pam sitting in front of a table with a pile of white powder in front of her. He asked Pam what it was, and Pam, wishing to avoid another fight and not wishing to anger Jim, told him the lie that would end his life. She told him it was cocaine. Jim did like this drug, so he proceded to snort it, thinking it was coke. Within moments, Jim grabbed his chest, and (probably with heart attack) and fell dead to the floor. Pam freaks out, runs across the hall to get someone to help. They set Jim in a tub of warm water (known to revive herion victims) but of course it was far to late.

the true account is sketchy but my understanding is this:
Pam had been out
Jim had been drinking a lot in paris, depressed...
he was in the bath
hadn't been feeling well for months
was coughing up blood, for some reason his heart gave out.
SO, was it his time...? he was ready..(in many forms of pain and dis ease)? all the things we say at funerals...
OR a terrible tragedy of wasted youth? we will never know but I believe God is in control.....
if he was still alive Pam would be, too.
Alcohol itself could have been his killer..
People don't realize that cocaine kills too, and heroine can make u feel so trapped u want to die
{meth, too...} i could see jim possibly trying to get closer to pam by using it, although whether he did or not is controversial and should be in no ways a promotion to use harmful chemicals, but rather a warning against their addictive, destructive ways.
~o holy night the stars r brightly shining it is the night of our dear Savior's birth
..long lay the world in sin and error pining til he appeared and the soul felt it's worth..
chains shall he break for the slave is our mother and in his name all oppression shall cease~

#17 astralgal69

astralgal69

• Registered Users
  • 294 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 11:36 PM

QUOTE (BallroomDays67;318973)
Conversations have already been started on this subject. That's what the search feature is for. Why not make use of that existing information, instead of starting over from scratch? You'll probably get a lot more information, and without people having to repeat themselves.

I don't think anyone has to repeat themselves (that includes you too). If you feel you already talked about it, then don't say anymore, but not everyone knows enough to read through or do searches. They don't have to be 'attacked'. :devil:

#18 BallroomDays67

BallroomDays67

• Members
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 11:42 PM

QUOTE (astralgal69;318983)
I don't think anyone has to repeat themselves (that includes you too). If you feel you already talked about it, then don't say anymore, but not everyone knows enough to read through or do searches. They don't have to be 'attacked'. :devil:

Who's "attacking"?

#19 mewsical

mewsical

• Members
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 01:54 AM

Jim was not interested in getting 'close' to Pam by using heroin. Quite the opposite. Pam was addicted to heroin. If Jim had lived, I believe he would have moved on from his relationship with her. She had chosen the way of death, as far as he was concerned. Given the upper respiratory problems, it has been suggested that he suffered a cerebral embolism, which traveled from his lungs to his brain. This can take quite some time to kill someone - at least several hours - and is a very painful way to die.

#20 Dance on Fire

Dance on Fire

• Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 02:21 AM

QUOTE (BallroomDays67;318966)
Wasn't there going to be a Doors FAQ thread to address worn-out subjects such as this? No offense, daniel_924.

I suggested it... but was told they didn't have the time for it... and asked if I would do it... well, I don't work for the board like they do nor do I have the time or buttons to link threads together so I declined.

Oh well......

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users