Photo

The Doors live in Pittsburgh 1970

55 replies to this topic

#21 midnightx

midnightx

• Members
  • 519 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 03:07 AM

So, is the missing section from Light My Fire due to a piece of actual tape being cut (as in the case of the Philly announcer intro) for the use of another recording or was it simply a recording error which was known to happen during the recording of live shows by many bands. If it is a missing piece of tape used for a previous project, it would have to be the heavily edited Light My Fire from Alive She Cried. One would think the piece used for that version could be somehow reapplied to the Pittsburgh recording. Who knows. But there has to be legitimate concern about the Felt Forum tapes since those have been f**ked with extensively over the years for various projects.

#22 Pats Radio

Pats Radio

Senior

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 02:24 PM

QUOTE (The Royal Sperm;331378)
no jewel case, no digipack, i want it in a plastic sleeve!

I will not be campaigning for this release but I am on the side of Digi-Pak. Pittsburgh is up for pre-order on the home page in case nobody noticed. New Pitt T-shirt taboot. I went with yellow.

Pats Radio

:robby:
Well that's New York for ya. The only people that rush the stage are guys. - Jim

#23 tsporr93

tsporr93

• Registered Users
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 07:05 PM

What homepage is it available for pre-order on, I haven't been able to find it.

#24 tsporr93

tsporr93

• Registered Users
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 07:07 PM

Oh, never mind, I found it. It's not actually on the homepage, its in the Doors Shop.

#25 Mystery Train 1991

Mystery Train 1991

• Registered Users
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 01:04 PM

Are these Photos from Pittsburgh 1970?

#26 DoorsFanPeter

DoorsFanPeter

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 11:57 PM

At first glance it looks to be the same clothes as Phili, the night before Pitts. Jim and Robby may have worn some of the same clothes at both.

Perhaps a side to side comparison with the known Phili and Pitts(B&W from the stands) photos.

If you look at the missing stage floor lights and the mic stand infront of the wood speaker cabinet is different than the Pitts shots. I think John wore a black shirt in Pitts.

DFP

#27 tombstoneroad

tombstoneroad

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 12:14 AM

Cool pics! I'm looking forward to this release. But, then again, I always look forward to an upcoming Doors show being released. My only problem with the pre-order is this: Why is it $6.40 to ship 1 CD? I'm not cheap but isn't that a bit steep? I've traded CDs with people many times over the years and, I'll tell you, I can send 20 discs to anywhere in the US without jewel cases for about 5 or 6 bucks. Anyway, there's my 2 cents (and sorry for the dumb monetary pun). Still, I can't wait for the show to come out.

#28 Hagenees

Hagenees

• Members
  • 588 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 02:16 PM

yeah, cool another Doors show to come!! And its only about 2 months ago since I bought Boston!!!!
My only advice for the producers (Bruce Botnik?!) for this next release would be to package it the same way as Boston!!! I loved the lay-out and the way it looks!!!!!! Much more conveniet than such a big case which get always damaged...

Does anybody know when the BMA releases will stop to appear, when all the material available they got is released??! (presumebly all the AL shows??!) --> dont want to be pessimistic but I am just curious how long this party-for-hardcore-Doors-fans will go on.....!!! :-)

#29 robo biscuts

robo biscuts

• Members
  • 674 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 06:42 AM

There's still the excellent New York Felt Forum shows to come.

#30 DoorsFanPeter

DoorsFanPeter

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 09:48 PM

Doors Store has the artwork up.

Very different than the others, but very cool is my initial response.

It looks like a rework of a vintage psychdelic poster, but not one I've seen before in the Art of Rock book or elsewhere.

DFP

#31 tombstoneroad

tombstoneroad

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 01:43 AM

I like the new artwork. I hope they chose to keep it; it looks cool!

#32 RHogan

RHogan

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 08:59 AM

I can't wait for this release but Please... for the love of God spare us the digipak this time.

#33 Hagenees

Hagenees

• Members
  • 588 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 11:18 AM

yeah I like it too, like the vintage posters you can buy!!! nice!!! In contrary to most of you I hope they will use the same package as they did for Boston!!! Looks classic and is easy to use to my opinion....I always damage and break those plastic jewelcases but this one is still undamaged! and it doesn't need too much space in my closet!

#34 DoorsFanPeter

DoorsFanPeter

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 05:49 PM

Does anyone have copies of the original pittsburgh concert poster and/or newspaper ad they can post?

#35 The Royal Sperm

The Royal Sperm

Devil Sperm

• Members
  • 3,090 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 02:08 AM

QUOTE (tombstoneroad;332807)
I like the new artwork. I hope they chose to keep it; it looks cool!

come on! they are trying to recreate a 67 poster! definately not 70's stuff
Waiting for the Big Fat Black Complete Matrix Box Set!

#36 DoorsFanPeter

DoorsFanPeter

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 09:50 PM

The illegible font may be counterintuitive

#37 door71

door71

• Members
  • 1,908 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 05:53 PM

QUOTE (tombstoneroad;331785)
Cool pics! I'm looking forward to this release. But, then again, I always look forward to an upcoming Doors show being released. My only problem with the pre-order is this: Why is it $6.40 to ship 1 CD? I'm not cheap but isn't that a bit steep? I've traded CDs with people many times over the years and, I'll tell you, I can send 20 discs to anywhere in the US without jewel cases for about 5 or 6 bucks. Anyway, there's my 2 cents (and sorry for the dumb monetary pun). Still, I can't wait for the show to come out.

With that bullshit shipping charge we are paying over $25 for one fucking disc. I picked up Boston ( 3 disc ) for $22.99.

What gives with the money grubbing?

#38 Pats Radio

Pats Radio

Senior

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 09:11 PM

QUOTE (RHogan;332818)
I can't wait for this release but Please... for the love of God spare us the digipak this time.

I'm praying for Digipak. Much better look to crapping plastic case.

Pats Radio

Well that's New York for ya. The only people that rush the stage are guys. - Jim

#39 The Royal Sperm

The Royal Sperm

Devil Sperm

• Members
  • 3,090 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 01:30 AM

QUOTE (Pats Radio;332935)

Pats Radio

hehehe, is this the beginning of this endless conversation?

this time, jeff dont ask our opinion, so ... we must wait to see
Waiting for the Big Fat Black Complete Matrix Box Set!

#40 cooper

cooper

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • Interests:Radio DJ for 19 years, Classic Rock radio. Spending time with my family, Concerts, Cooking on the grill.

Posted 18 January 2008 - 02:35 PM

QUOTE (Pats Radio;332935)

Pats Radio

crappy plastic cases can be changed out when broken or scratched. digi-packs when the glue comes aoart, gets torn or so on you are screwed....but dont we put them on our ipods anyway? being in radio for 15 years i have 2 maybe 3 thousand CD's and now all i do is rip them to my ipod and put them in boxes so to me i dont care, but i would go with a jewel box.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users