Photo

Matrix again

389 replies to this topic

#361 Solve Et Coagula

Solve Et Coagula

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmatio
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 04:09 PM

I also had a 6 song cd from the Westward One Radio Network from 1997 where they played songs from the Matrix tapes. I did not keep it because of the commercials in the disc. I had all of the liner notes from the radio brodcast.

#362 hardrockcafe

hardrockcafe

• Members
  • 806 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 11:32 PM

Hey Jeff,

Has Hoffman already mastered the Matrix box? Or has this not occurred yet?

#363 hardrockcafe

hardrockcafe

• Members
  • 806 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 08:51 PM

Anyone else looking forward to getting to hear the complete Matrix performances from the master tapes -- now scheduled for release 2012 or 2013?

March 7, 1967 Tape # 1:

1.) Backdoor Man
2.) My Eyes Have Seen You
3.) Soul Kitchen
4.-5.) Jam* (Note: James Healey stated this "Jam" is two instrumentals totaling approximately 16 minutes, never before released. They don't even circulate on the bootlegs. It has not yet been revealed what these two songs are. Healey did not recognize them.)
6.) Get Out of My Life Woman
7.) When The Music's Over
8.) Close To You
9.) Crawling King Snake
10.) I Can't See Your Face in My Mind
11.) People Are Strange
12.) Alabama Song
13.) The Crystal Ship
14.) Twentieth Century Fox
15.) Moonlight Drive
16.) Summer's Almost Gone
17.) Unhappy Girl

March 7, 1967 Tape # 2

18-19.) Woman is The Devil / Rock Me
20.) Break On Through
21.) Light My Fire
22.) The End

March 10, 1967 Tape #3

23.) My Eyes Have Seen You
24.) Soul Kitchen
25.) I Can't See Your Face In My Mind
26.) People Are Strange
27.) When The Music's Over
28.) Money
29.) Who Do You Love?
30.) Moonlight Drive
31.) Summer's Almost Gone
32.) I'm A King Bee
33.) Gloria
34.) Break On Through
35.) Summertime (instrumental)
36.) Back Door Man
37.) Alabama Song

Fragment: March 9, 1967 (I'm guessing they will include this on the box set as a bonus track)

38.) The End (survives as a fragment, as Peter Abram recorded the March 10 show over the March 9 show. Only a few minutes of The End survives from March 9, but includes some wild poetic imagery.)

#364 Hagenees

Hagenees

• Members
  • 588 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 08:34 PM

Anyone else looking forward to getting to hear the complete Matrix performances from the master tapes -- now scheduled for release 2012 or 2013?

March 7, 1967 Tape # 1:

1.) Backdoor Man
2.) My Eyes Have Seen You
3.) Soul Kitchen
4.-5.) Jam* (Note: James Healey stated this "Jam" is two instrumentals totaling approximately 16 minutes, never before released. They don't even circulate on the bootlegs. It has not yet been revealed what these two songs are. Healey did not recognize them.)
6.) Get Out of My Life Woman
7.) When The Music's Over
8.) Close To You
9.) Crawling King Snake
10.) I Can't See Your Face in My Mind
11.) People Are Strange
12.) Alabama Song
13.) The Crystal Ship
14.) Twentieth Century Fox
15.) Moonlight Drive
16.) Summer's Almost Gone
17.) Unhappy Girl

March 7, 1967 Tape # 2

18-19.) Woman is The Devil / Rock Me
20.) Break On Through
21.) Light My Fire
22.) The End

March 10, 1967 Tape #3

23.) My Eyes Have Seen You
24.) Soul Kitchen
25.) I Can't See Your Face In My Mind
26.) People Are Strange
27.) When The Music's Over
28.) Money
29.) Who Do You Love?
30.) Moonlight Drive
31.) Summer's Almost Gone
32.) I'm A King Bee
33.) Gloria
34.) Break On Through
35.) Summertime (instrumental)
36.) Back Door Man
37.) Alabama Song

Fragment: March 9, 1967 (I'm guessing they will include this on the box set as a bonus track)

38.) The End (survives as a fragment, as Peter Abram recorded the March 10 show over the March 9 show. Only a few minutes of The End survives from March 9, but includes some wild poetic imagery.)

what do you think???!!!! :-) It's my ultimate dream, holy Doors grale and best present ever when that legendary icon show is being released in proper conditions!
I used to play Matrix when I lived in France for my studies.....sweet memories! :)

#365 Pats Radio

Pats Radio

Senior

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 04:07 PM

Hey Jeff, I know you guys A LOT on your plate just wondering how this Matrix project is going???? Is this done just waiting to be released or is there still work to be done with it??? Just curious. Thanks.

Pats Radio

B)
Well that's New York for ya. The only people that rush the stage are guys. - Jim

#366 The Royal Sperm

The Royal Sperm

Devil Sperm

• Members
  • 3,090 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 04:19 PM

Hey Jeff, I know you guys A LOT on your plate just wondering how this Matrix project is going???? Is this done just waiting to be released or is there still work to be done with it??? Just curious. Thanks.

Pats Radio

B)

i prefer to know the tracklist of the l.a.woman release than the date release of this one
Waiting for the Big Fat Black Complete Matrix Box Set!

#367 Pats Radio

Pats Radio

Senior

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 05:36 PM

i prefer to know the tracklist of the l.a.woman release than the date release of this one

This is strickly a sidebar question and besides, I think he can answer two questions or more if he chooses to. What part of the word CURIOUS did you not understand?

Pats Radio

:D
Well that's New York for ya. The only people that rush the stage are guys. - Jim

#368 wolfchild

wolfchild

• Registered Users
  • 34 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 07:34 PM

This is strickly a sidebar question and besides, I think he can answer two questions or more if he chooses to. What part of the word CURIOUS did you not understand?

Pats Radio

wasn't htis posted on idafan.com> at least for the vinyl issue:

The Doors Manager Jeff Jampol posted the song listings for the forthcoming 'L.A. Woman 40th Anniversary Edition' 2-CD set on the BMA forum today at: http://www.thedoors....ic=21343&st=140 (post #158). Jeff's post stresses that this is NOT the "40th Anniversary Mixes" version, which they are done with. He adds that this is the Doors Vinyl mastering (with some tweaks) as done by Bruce Botnick, Bernie Grundman and Jac Holzman for The Doors Vinyl Box. So, here is the long-awaited listing: DISC ONE 1. The Changeling [4:24] 2. Love Her Madly [3:39] 3. Been Down So Long [4:44] 4. Cars Hiss By My Window [4:58] 5. L.A. Woman [7:59] 6. L'America [4:34] 7. Hyacinth House [3:13] 8. Crawling King Snake [5:01] 9. The WASP (Texas Radio and the Big Beat) [4:16] 10. Riders On The Storm [7:08] DISC TWO 1. The Changeling (alternate version) [4:45] 2. Love Her Madly (alternate version) [3:59] 3. Cars Hiss By My Window (alternate version) [4:42] 4. L.A. Woman (alternate version) [8:50] 5. The WASP (Texas Radio and the Big Beat) (alternate version) [5:37] 6. Been Down So Long (alternate version) [4:53] 7. Riders On The Storm (alternate version) [9:11] 8. She Smells So Nice / Rock Me [4:41/4:30] [9:11] (thanks, Gilles)

Then, Jeff Jampol posted the track listings for the forthcoming 'L.A. Woman 40th Anniversary vinyl set. All these tracks are described as being alternate versions, with studio chatter in between. SIDE ONE 1. The Changeling 2. Love Her Madly 3. Cars Hiss By My Window 4. L.A. Woman SIDE TWO 1. The WASP (Texas Radio and the Big Beat) 2. Been Down So Long 3. Riders On The Storm SIDE THREE She Smells So Nice/Rock Me (in which Jim can be heard experimenting with the 'Mr. Mojo Risin' line in different ways and melodies). SIDE FOUR NO music. Side Four will be blank, and will have a "3D-Effect" laser etching double-image of the "Electric Crucified Woman" artwork by Carl Cossick from the original album. (thanks, Jamie)

#369 Hyacinth Frog

Hyacinth Frog

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 04:47 PM

When is this coming out and how will it be packaged? I thought it was coming out after last years documentary and cd.

It is by far the best Live Doors release, and the wait is KILLING me!

#370 Pats Radio

Pats Radio

Senior

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 02:33 AM

When is the 2 disc Matrix release being shelved for good???? Just curious. Thx.

Pats Radio

Posted Image

#371 hardrockcafe

hardrockcafe

• Members
  • 806 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 03:27 PM

Jeff,

Can you confirm if both Matrix and London Fog be released (either separately or bundled together) sometime in 2012 (after L.A. Woman) as part of the "Year of the Doors" campaign? 2012 will mark the 3 year anniversary that the Doors acquired the Matrix master tapes from location engineer Peter Abram. Given that demand for physical media erodes each year, wouldn't it be better to get this stuff out there sooner rather than later?

Thanks!

Edited by hardrockcafe, 12 November 2011 - 03:29 PM.

#372 Doorsmanagement

Doorsmanagement

Yo, 'sup?

• Members
  • 2,278 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 07:17 AM

Jeff,

Can you confirm if both Matrix and London Fog be released (either separately or bundled together) sometime in 2012 (after L.A. Woman) as part of the "Year of the Doors" campaign? 2012 will mark the 3 year anniversary that the Doors acquired the Matrix master tapes from location engineer Peter Abram. Given that demand for physical media erodes each year, wouldn't it be better to get this stuff out there sooner rather than later?

Thanks!

Yes, that is the plan. I'm not a mouse, but I AM a man, and you know what they say about "plans," but yeah, that's the intention.

#373 tron

tron

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 08:39 AM

Pats Radio

, Surely the use of the term 'curious' is irrelevant to your rebuke, You are curious so you are asking for information, are you implying you didnt want an answer? furthermore how many 'parts' to curious are there. What part of 'Id prefer' do you not understand?
were gonna push these machines too far

#374 Pats Radio

Pats Radio

Senior

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 06:24 AM

, Surely the use of the term 'curious' is irrelevant to your rebuke, You are curious so you are asking for information, are you implying you didnt want an answer? furthermore how many 'parts' to curious are there. What part of 'Id prefer' do you not understand?

I'm sorry did I catch your name?

Pats Radio

Posted Image

#375 tron

tron

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 07:59 AM

I'm sorry did I catch your name?

Pats Radio

Posted Image

No I didn't give my name
were gonna push these machines too far

#376 CHINA JOE

CHINA JOE

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 08:34 PM

calm down, patricia. did you forget to take your cenestin? you seem pretty bent on attacking questions as well as anyone who doesnt agree
with whatever point of view that you are peddling on most threads. just CURIOUS as to why everything must be this way? is it really that important to know every mundane detail about every upcoming release, as well as projects that have never even been brought up? does anyone even care when the 2cd matrix will be pulled? im almost sure you have 2 copies; one opened and one closed. attacking the sperm man and questioning tron's name(fwi, his name is to the left of the thread post, look to the left if you cant figure out my name) is baseless on any front. perhaps its time to stop acting high and mighty. not wanting to start a shit storm here, but its old hat. maybe its time to buy a new one...

#377 Doorsmanagement

Doorsmanagement

Yo, 'sup?

• Members
  • 2,278 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 04:34 AM

Easy, all. It's only rock 'n roll.

Go fight about OWS, the Republicans, the Tea Party (sorry, Pat), war in Afghanistan, or immigration policies.

But not HERE.

#378 treetrunkman04

treetrunkman04

• Registered Users
  • 67 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 05:45 AM

Hey jeff just a quick question Is it a matter of money that the Matrix tapes are not giving the same treatment as the felt Fourm '70 shows?
What i mean is why wasn't each concert its own

disc One for the early show first day,
disc two for late show first day,
third disc for early show second day and
fourth disc for the late show second day.

It seems to me that although i own the previous matrix release why have a mere "best of" when all of the shows are out there?
I had heard they didn't want to due this because some of the setlists are the same on all four night but my argument is that FF 70 is the same way in terms of setlist repetition.

#379 APU105

APU105

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 05:40 AM

Easy, all. It's only rock 'n roll.

Go fight about OWS, the Republicans, the Tea Party (sorry, Pat), war in Afghanistan, or immigration policies.

But not HERE.

Thanks for your words!!!! Easy all!!!

#380 Pats Radio

Pats Radio

Senior

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 02:28 PM

Anything new on this project????? Just wondering.

Pats Radio

Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users