Photo

Pam`s New Pics

116 replies to this topic

#21 Mel

Mel

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 06:18 AM

mel - i highlight my hair--nowadays i add a couple of different reds. there's still natural red, but just not as much. don't have the guts yet to do perm dye. it will eventually come to that.

thanks mizscarlett! lots of good info here.

p.s. the first time i ever really knew 'the doors' was the time i spent as my friend's house when i was 11. her sister (5 years older than us) would have that famous poster of jim on her wall that you could see from the door--mesmerizing. she was always playing them. sadly, she passed at 23, so i hope she gets to hang with him once in a while now...and he sings/reads poetry to her.

this is really sad story.good peoples always die young.she`ll be in good place now,i`m sure she met Jim there.
Posted Image

#22 hollifer

hollifer

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 02:09 PM

this is really sad story.good peoples always die young.she`ll be in good place now,i`m sure she met Jim there.

jesus! that photo. i'm getting uh, warm. :P

yeah, that poster was from the gloria stavers photo session (i think), you know, shirtless, arms raised. so, my friend's room was across the hall, so you'd see it if her sister's door was open, up high on the wall, like a god...

#23 Mel

Mel

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 02:55 PM

jesus! that photo. i'm getting uh, warm. :P

yeah, that poster was from the gloria stavers photo session (i think), you know, shirtless, arms raised. so, my friend's room was across the hall, so you'd see it if her sister's door was open, up high on the wall, like a god...

:D :P
it would be so cool too see, yeah i know which pics you`re saying.its very cool pics.
Posted Image i love this pic of Jim.

#24 hollifer

hollifer

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 05:02 PM

:D :P
it would be so cool too see, yeah i know which pics you`re saying.its very cool pics.
Posted Image i love this pic of Jim.

well, those 'famous' pics are too commercial for my taste, but i understand their appeal. i go more for the 'real guy' type of shots. you can see the personality more.

#25 Leenie

Leenie

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 02:52 AM

Butlers book has a photo of Pam as a brownie. Fair skin and red haired is the decription. Strawberry blond is certainly in that catagory. I wonder if anyone in that picture from the brownie's has ever spoken about Pam. Has anyone from her past befor Jim ever spoken up?

#26 Moe Joe

Moe Joe

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 04:27 AM

yeah, its Jims hand.
i have pics of it too
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I love these pics of Jim! They did look very cute together.
He who is a legend in his own time is ruled by that legend.
-Victor Hugo
Music-To blast away confusion, drown out frustration and burn away loneliness. To dance, shout and scream.
Dance on fire!

#27 Mel

Mel

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 08:19 AM

I love these pics of Jim! They did look very cute together.

YEAH,I LOVE THOSE PICS TOO.

#28 Mel

Mel

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 08:37 AM

well, those 'famous' pics are too commercial for my taste, but i understand their appeal. i go more for the 'real guy' type of shots. you can see the personality more.

i know,what you mean in "real guy" type of shots and its true,you can see the personality more in them.
But Jim was always real guy,you know,he wasn`t fake and if you`re not fake your "not real guy" pics will look like "real guy" shots,you can see Jims personality in every pic of him.he lived his life free and the way he liked and not like athers liked,he was real person and not fake, noone could make him to that what he didnt wanted.thats why i love him and all his pics.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#29 Crimson_King

Crimson_King

• Members
  • 286 posts
  • Location:This sh*t town called Escondido, California (trash scattered everywhere!)
  • Interests:French Philosophy, poetry, psychology, sociology, hermeneutics, semiotics, cinema, sleeping.....and (right now) Doors, Steely Dan, Talking Heads, King Crimson-Fripp, Yes, Jethro Tull, Eno, Roxy Music, Bruford, etc......even, yes, The Monkees!

Posted 21 May 2010 - 12:06 PM

BTW, Pam didn't die at age 23. She was 27. I visit her grave plot frequently at Fairhaven Memorial Park in Santa Ana, CA.
"Naked we come, Bruised we go.....Nude pastry for the slow soft worms below" - JDM

#30 hollifer

hollifer

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 02:52 PM

i know,what you mean in "real guy" type of shots and its true,you can see the personality more in them.
But Jim was always real guy,you know,he wasn`t fake and if you`re not fake your "not real guy" pics will look like "real guy" shots,you can see Jims personality in every pic of him.he lived his life free and the way he liked and not like athers liked,he was real person and not fake, noone could make him to that what he didnt wanted.thats why i love him and all his pics.

i never saw him as fake. the one shot i'm thinking of has been commericialized (perfected) in a million different ways, but yeah, it's still a nice shot and another way to demonstrate him. the photos i like in general (people i know, those i don't) are people in the moment, walking down the street, looking out the window, etc. not necessarily posed. that's just how i roll for everything.

#31 Mel

Mel

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 03:03 PM

i never saw him as fake. the one shot i'm thinking of has been commericialized (perfected) in a million different ways, but yeah, it's still a nice shot and another way to demonstrate him. the photos i like in general (people i know, those i don't) are people in the moment, walking down the street, looking out the window, etc. not necessarily posed. that's just how i roll for everything.

yeah,i know what you mean,that kind of pics are more cool.

#32 Mel

Mel

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 03:05 PM

BTW, Pam didn't die at age 23. She was 27. I visit her grave plot frequently at Fairhaven Memorial Park in Santa Ana, CA.

yeah Pam died when she was 27 years old and not when she was 23.did you took something there for her? how was to be there?

#33 hollifer

hollifer

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 03:28 PM

yeah,i know what you mean,that kind of pics are more cool.

plus, people are just better looking in the non-posed photos to me. you can see the mannerisms that make them who they are. that's much more attractive to me. in the commercial 'jim' photos he looks so serious, which gives him that aura of mystery. okay, i get it, but the ones you posted are fantastic...smiling, unafraid...i just want to hang-out with him. :wub:

i've seen those jim/pam phots, but what exactly is the story behind them?

Edited by hollifer, 21 May 2010 - 03:29 PM.

#34 Moe Joe

Moe Joe

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 05:47 PM

The one where he is looking up is a great pic.
He who is a legend in his own time is ruled by that legend.
-Victor Hugo
Music-To blast away confusion, drown out frustration and burn away loneliness. To dance, shout and scream.
Dance on fire!

#35 hollifer

hollifer

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 05:54 PM

Posted Image

this one reminds me of one of the geico cavemen. and, i love those geico cavemen, btw. :D

Edited by hollifer, 21 May 2010 - 06:00 PM.

#36 Leenie

Leenie

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 12:02 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image

At least 5 of those pic's I've never seen before. Cheers!! They should be in the rare photo thread...she says after not checking there first..but really..AWesome!=full of AWE. Thank you for posting them :)

#37 Mel

Mel

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 09:20 AM

plus, people are just better looking in the non-posed photos to me. you can see the mannerisms that make them who they are. that's much more attractive to me. in the commercial 'jim' photos he looks so serious, which gives him that aura of mystery. okay, i get it, but the ones you posted are fantastic...smiling, unafraid...i just want to hang-out with him. :wub:

i've seen those jim/pam phots, but what exactly is the story behind them?

yeah,sure,what you`re saying its very true,yeah im commercial Jim pics he looks serious, i like his pics when he is smiling and do that when he wants,you know
i want same too, it would be very cool. :rolleyes: :wub:
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#38 Mel

Mel

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 09:27 AM

At least 5 of those pic's I've never seen before. Cheers!! They should be in the rare photo thread...she says after not checking there first..but really..AWesome!=full of AWE. Thank you for posting them :)

I HAVE MANY JIMS PICS,I`LL PUT THEM HERE, AS MUCH AS I CAN.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#39 Crimson_King

Crimson_King

• Members
  • 286 posts
  • Location:This sh*t town called Escondido, California (trash scattered everywhere!)
  • Interests:French Philosophy, poetry, psychology, sociology, hermeneutics, semiotics, cinema, sleeping.....and (right now) Doors, Steely Dan, Talking Heads, King Crimson-Fripp, Yes, Jethro Tull, Eno, Roxy Music, Bruford, etc......even, yes, The Monkees!

Posted 22 May 2010 - 04:35 PM

yeah Pam died when she was 27 years old and not when she was 23.did you took something there for her? how was to be there?

Hi Mel,

yeah, I go there one time a year on the anniversary of her death in April 1974. Usually, there is no one there at all. But there are flowers. There was a picture of Jim and Pam together taped to the wall plot for awhile, but it was taken down a few years ago. On the wall, it says "Pamela Susan Morrison 1946-1974".

One time in 2005, the wall was gone, and I could see the cardboard box that had her ashes in it. It was covered with dust and spider webs and a few more pictures of Pam and Jim on it. No one was there.
"Naked we come, Bruised we go.....Nude pastry for the slow soft worms below" - JDM

#40 Mel

Mel

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 05:07 PM

Hi Mel,

yeah, I go there one time a year on the anniversary of her death in April 1974. Usually, there is no one there at all. But there are flowers. There was a picture of Jim and Pam together taped to the wall plot for awhile, but it was taken down a few years ago. On the wall, it says "Pamela Susan Morrison 1946-1974".

One time in 2005, the wall was gone, and I could see the cardboard box that had her ashes in it. It was covered with dust and spider webs and a few more pictures of Pam and Jim on it. No one was there.

Hi.
peoples dont go there??on Jims grave there are so many peoples going and see it, take flowers and sweet things for him,you know.
noone is going there? :unsure: her mom too? why?yeah i saw Jims and Pams pics on her grave,but you told me now that it is now took down,there is no this ""Pamela Susan Morrison 1946-1974"." too???did you were there now? in 2009 or in 2010? peoples done all this or who??how is looks now? i saw this" My linkMy linkMy linkMy link its old looking of it??

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users