Photo

Ray's bass lines

24 replies to this topic

#21 snowman2

snowman2

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 05:44 PM

ChrisN, are you the guy on YouTube who plays through that little vox amp, and owns a the gold mic and hollywood bowl style vest?

Nope...that's me. :rolleyes:

I also have another video showing my gold micro phone in a closer view with my new gold piano bass. I posted this last week.

Edited by snowman2, 19 July 2010 - 05:46 PM.

#22 Jim Abbott

Jim Abbott

• Members
  • 226 posts
  • Interests:Listening to Music, Contributing to the Pop Culture via Madonna, Life lessons and Just Living my Life.

Posted 21 July 2010 - 05:21 AM

Here a direct link to the youtube clip of the Unknown Soldiers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Pxg2Ig_J9I

I couldn't find the video, address didn't come up with it. Is that the letter "O" or zero. What name did you submit it with on youtube?
Jim Abbott

#23 Shebang

Shebang

• Members
  • 2,029 posts
  • Interests:LEATHER PANTS

Posted 21 July 2010 - 12:45 PM

I couldn't find the video, address didn't come up with it. Is that the letter "O" or zero. What name did you submit it with on youtube?

Here's the YouTube query, the video you want is at the top of the list. :)

http://www.youtube.c... the doors&aq=f

#24 veg

veg

Workin' on the Night Shift

• Members
  • 946 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 10:52 PM

Lovely keyboard set up mate. I know you're raving about finding the keyboard bass - and I can understand that - but it's the Gibson that has me drooling. They are pretty rare beasts themselves, and we certainly don't find them over here in the UK. I used to have a Farfisa Compact deluxe, but it wasn't a patch on a Gibson.

The only keyboard I have which turns up on a few Doors songs is a RMI Electra-piano. Though I can't immediately remember what songs it's on...
* I am a vegetarian because I hate plants, not because I love animals *

#25 snowman2

snowman2

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 08:49 PM

Lovely keyboard set up mate. I know you're raving about finding the keyboard bass - and I can understand that - but it's the Gibson that has me drooling. They are pretty rare beasts themselves, and we certainly don't find them over here in the UK. I used to have a Farfisa Compact deluxe, but it wasn't a patch on a Gibson.

The only keyboard I have which turns up on a few Doors songs is a RMI Electra-piano. Though I can't immediately remember what songs it's on...

Hey Veg, man that's awesome. I used to have a Farfisa Compact too....wish I still had it. I also had an RMI,but it didnt work very well...or at least I was so used to play organ that it didn't feel right playing the RMI..itw as very cool though.

Thanks for the compliments. I too love the Gibson..I got lucky when I found it 3 years ago. I guess I'm so happy about the the Fender Rhodes because it was hard to find. I've had several piano basses,but out of all of Ray's gear, the gold top piano bass is the most rare and close to impossible to find. I play my Gibson alot more than my Vox these days. If I hadn't sold my spare Gibson last year,,,, I'll keep an eye out and let you know if one turns up.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users