Photo

Would Jim have fought in the UFC?

26 replies to this topic

Poll: Jim in MMA (7 member(s) have cast votes)

Could Jim win a UFC fight?

1. Yes (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. No (6 votes [85.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 85.71%

3. It would be a draw (1 votes [14.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Defiance

Defiance

Jump Ball

• Banned Users
  • 0 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 06:09 AM

I made this in the wrong forum, meant for it go in General. Sorry again, my game is off today.

For those who don't know, MMA stands for Mixed Martial Arts. Any fighting style can be used, but there are basic rules for the fighters' protection (i.e., no kicking or kneeing a downed opponent in the head, no groin stikes, no strikes to the back of the head or trachea/thoat, etc...) It is actually a quite civilized sport, and not "human cock-figting" as many people presume.

Assuming that Jim would fight, he would have to decide on a weight-class.

The choices are: Heavyweight (207-265 lbs), Light Heavyweight (187-205 lbs), Middleweight (172-185 lbs), Welterweight (157-170 lbs), and Lightweight (147-155 lbs). There are two more smaller weight classes, Bantam and Feather, but there is no way Jim could get that low.

The fighting styles one can work with are: Karate, Wrestling, Judo, Tae kwon do, Freestyle, Boxing, and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.

The way to win is through submission by making your opponent tap-out, a Knock Out (KO), a Technical Knock Out (TKO) where the ref stops the fight due to blows, or by Judges decision if the fight lasts 3 rounds. A championship match is 5 rounds. All rounds are 5 minutes in length.

What would Jim wear in the Octagon (cage)? He can wear tight shorts, or lose surfing shorts (board shorts).

Here we go....

While Jim could get his weight up to the level of a Heavyweight, there is no way he could get enough muscle on to justify that class. Light Heavyweight would be his natural range, but even at 205 lbs, he is not tall enough at only 6'1". Therefore, I see him at Middle-weight, 185 lbs. He could theoretically weight about 195 lbs and cut down to 185 by dehydrating himself and laying off the food for a few days. After the offical weigh in, he could put the 10 lbs back on in time for the next day's fight.

I see his style as Wrestling, whereas he would go for the take-down. Once he got his opponent on the ground, he should try and mount him and do some 'gound and pound'.

Since Jim is intellegent, and not just a brawler, a good strategy would be for him to try and cut his opponents head with an elbow, thus causing a lot of bleeding and a possible doctor's stoppage.

Finally, he would have to rock the mid-length tight shorts... black in color.... of course!

Edited by Defiance, 05 June 2011 - 06:21 AM.

#2 sisotowbell lane

sisotowbell lane

• Members
  • 512 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 08:05 AM

Something new. :D :P But no, I can not think of Jim in the UFC/MMA and when I do, I do not think he would stand a chance, which is a bit dismissing. It must take a great amount of taking care of yourself both mentally and physically. One must naturally take into consideration this aspect, based on Jim's choices (giving away) that he just had no discipline necessary to stand a chance in like UFC/MMA. Maybe miz or someone else that knew him, would disagree.
"What can and doesn't have to be always, at the end, surrenders to something that has to be."
-Ivo Andrić

#3 Defiance

Defiance

Jump Ball

• Banned Users
  • 0 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:38 PM

Something new. :D :P But no, I can not think of Jim in the UFC/MMA and when I do, I do not think he would stand a chance, which is a bit dismissing. It must take a great amount of taking care of yourself both mentally and physically. One must naturally take into consideration this aspect, based on Jim's choices (giving away) that he just had no discipline necessary to stand a chance in like UFC/MMA. Maybe miz or someone else that knew him, would disagree.

I don't expect many who knew him to fancy the idea of him fighting.

However, from his interest in 'The East' (i.e., The Orient, Alexander the Great, Buddha), he wouldn't be able to help but notice the increasing popularity of something such as Muay Thai fighting in South-east Asia or straight K-1 Kickboxing in Europe and Japan.

Perhaps though someone can share if Jim ever saw a Bruce Lee film? They say that he was the first martial artist on the screen to use an MMA technique.... the 'arm-bar'.

What about Jim as a gladiator in ancient Roman times? Would Jim have been a traveler instead and fled the Empire?

There are many fighters without discipline, they often resort to steroid use.

Edited by Defiance, 09 June 2011 - 10:40 PM.

#4 sisotowbell lane

sisotowbell lane

• Members
  • 512 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 08:14 AM

I don't expect many who knew him to fancy the idea of him fighting.

However, from his interest in 'The East' (i.e., The Orient, Alexander the Great, Buddha), he wouldn't be able to help but notice the increasing popularity of something such as Muay Thai fighting in South-east Asia or straight K-1 Kickboxing in Europe and Japan.

Perhaps though someone can share if Jim ever saw a Bruce Lee film? They say that he was the first martial artist on the screen to use an MMA technique.... the 'arm-bar'.

What about Jim as a gladiator in ancient Roman times? Would Jim have been a traveler instead and fled the Empire?

There are many fighters without discipline, they often resort to steroid use.

And cowardly so.
"What can and doesn't have to be always, at the end, surrenders to something that has to be."
-Ivo Andrić

#5 hilts

hilts

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 03:21 PM

And cowardly so.

This gets my vote as the strangest thread ever posted about speculating on Jim's behaviour. :)

#6 sisotowbell lane

sisotowbell lane

• Members
  • 512 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 02:25 PM

This gets my vote as the strangest thread ever posted about speculating on Jim's behaviour. :)

In other words, the best thread ever posted. :)
-Ivo Andrić

#7 Defiance

Defiance

Jump Ball

• Banned Users
  • 0 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 11:43 PM

The similarities are there though.

This could be a scene from a Doors concert...

Posted Image

The drunken Jim, known as Jimbo, reminds me of B.J. Penn right here before the 5th and final round of his fight.

Posted Image

Edited by Defiance, 27 June 2011 - 11:50 PM.

#8 Defiance

Defiance

Jump Ball

• Banned Users
  • 0 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 09:49 PM

The UFC 134 Rio event takes place tommorow (Saturday) in Brazil and will feature a Middle weight title fight between current champ Anderson 'The Spider' Silva and the top contender, a Japanese fighter named Okami. MMA is practically the national sport down there in Brazil and this is the first time that Silva has fought for the UFC in his home country.

'The Spider' reminds me of Jim more than any other fighter.

The reasons are:

1. Height and weight (185 lbs and 6'2") is same.

2. He is the most intelligent fighter just as Jim was the most intelligent singer.

3. Longest reigning champ/ Morrison was the reigining male singer from '67 - '71.

4. They both pretty Black.

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

#9 Morning Glory

Morning Glory

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmatio
  • 331 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 11:31 PM

That's cool, an interesting comparison. ;) Hope it'll be a great fight.

#10 open shirt and raised collars

open shirt and raised collars

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 07:03 PM

:lol: Thanks man i needed a good laugh, jim in the ufc..love it
Sounds Like Guns.... Thunder

#11 Defiance

Defiance

Jump Ball

• Banned Users
  • 0 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:02 PM

That's cool, an interesting comparison. ;) Hope it'll be a great fight.

It was. This first kick is technically a shot to the back of the head, but Okami turned his head into the path of Silva's foot so it's all cool.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Defiance, 30 August 2011 - 08:25 PM.

#12 Defiance

Defiance

Jump Ball

• Banned Users
  • 0 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:05 PM

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

This one was pay-back since Schaub KOd Cro-Cop last time out.

Now he is the one 'asleep on his feet' at the hands of Brazil's own Big Nog.

#13 Dawn Visitation

Dawn Visitation

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 12:36 PM

Even if I way before voted "no" but on second thought, I could see Jim with the fighting technique "foot stomp". I wonder if anyone has ever won by using it, then Jim would have been the first ever.

Edited by Dawn Visitation, 09 December 2011 - 12:38 PM.

#14 StupidGirl

StupidGirl

• Banned
  • 2,835 posts
  • Interests:the truth...for it can be adjusted.....

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:37 AM

I made this in the wrong forum, meant for it go in General. Sorry again, my game is off today.

For those who don't know, MMA stands for Mixed Martial Arts. Any fighting style can be used, but there are basic rules for the fighters' protection (i.e., no kicking or kneeing a downed opponent in the head, no groin stikes, no strikes to the back of the head or trachea/thoat, etc...) It is actually a quite civilized sport, and not "human cock-figting" as many people presume.

Assuming that Jim would fight, he would have to decide on a weight-class.

The choices are: Heavyweight (207-265 lbs), Light Heavyweight (187-205 lbs), Middleweight (172-185 lbs), Welterweight (157-170 lbs), and Lightweight (147-155 lbs). There are two more smaller weight classes, Bantam and Feather, but there is no way Jim could get that low.

The fighting styles one can work with are: Karate, Wrestling, Judo, Tae kwon do, Freestyle, Boxing, and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.

The way to win is through submission by making your opponent tap-out, a Knock Out (KO), a Technical Knock Out (TKO) where the ref stops the fight due to blows, or by Judges decision if the fight lasts 3 rounds. A championship match is 5 rounds. All rounds are 5 minutes in length.

What would Jim wear in the Octagon (cage)? He can wear tight shorts, or lose surfing shorts (board shorts).

Here we go....

While Jim could get his weight up to the level of a Heavyweight, there is no way he could get enough muscle on to justify that class. Light Heavyweight would be his natural range, but even at 205 lbs, he is not tall enough at only 6'1". Therefore, I see him at Middle-weight, 185 lbs. He could theoretically weight about 195 lbs and cut down to 185 by dehydrating himself and laying off the food for a few days. After the offical weigh in, he could put the 10 lbs back on in time for the next day's fight.

I see his style as Wrestling, whereas he would go for the take-down. Once he got his opponent on the ground, he should try and mount him and do some 'gound and pound'.

Since Jim is intellegent, and not just a brawler, a good strategy would be for him to try and cut his opponents head with an elbow, thus causing a lot of bleeding and a possible doctor's stoppage.

Finally, he would have to rock the mid-length tight shorts... black in color.... of course!

Fuck me... now, I can see why your ass got kicked out...

#15 mizscarlett43

mizscarlett43

Bitch Emeritus

• Members
  • 5,774 posts
  • Interests:Politics; History (Medieval English, Victorian English and American, esp. William Bonney/Lincoln County War); Permaculture; Mexican and Moroccan Folk Art and Vernacular Architecture

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:26 PM

Fuck me... now, I can see why your ass got kicked out...

Shhhhh-please do NOT conjure up pesky, annoying and worthless spirits... Posted Image
I still believe in the Cosmic Giggle, even if Rolling Stone doesn't any more.

#16 oak

oak

• 56 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:17 PM

#17 mizscarlett43

mizscarlett43

Bitch Emeritus

• Members
  • 5,774 posts
  • Interests:Politics; History (Medieval English, Victorian English and American, esp. William Bonney/Lincoln County War); Permaculture; Mexican and Moroccan Folk Art and Vernacular Architecture

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:38 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6gRDFuVj0o

...and heeeere's Nina, Jeremy's faithful shadow and fellow troll. Knew they couldn't stay away for long!

Edited by mizscarlett43, 15 October 2012 - 09:40 PM.

I still believe in the Cosmic Giggle, even if Rolling Stone doesn't any more.

#18 oak

oak

• 56 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:27 PM

#19 StupidGirl

StupidGirl

• Banned
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 06:17 AM

Shhhhh-please do NOT conjure up pesky, annoying and worthless spirits... Posted Image

#20 StupidGirl

StupidGirl

• Banned
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 06:22 AM

k, skip that...MizzScarlett, do you believe in spirits?
Cuz , I think you're stuck in the spirit of 1969.<a href="="http://www.youtube.c...ornia/html"</a>

Edited by StupidGirl, 20 October 2012 - 06:23 AM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users