Photo

London Fog Recording!!

345 replies to this topic

#21 rokritr

rokritr

• Members
  • 702 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 03:05 AM

AAAAAND...PPPS - among other songs, they performed Chuck Berry's "Lucille," which Robby tells me he never remembered The Doors playing, ever!

Chuck Berry's "Lucille"??.....

don't you mean Little Richard?....

#22 green_hotel

green_hotel

• Members
  • 146 posts
  • Interests:I collect vintage light-fixtures and shoe-shining paraphernalia

Posted 22 August 2011 - 03:31 AM

AAAAAND...PPS - yes, a live recording of The Doors at The London Fog!!!!!!!!

It's excellent quality, from a reel-to-reel tape recorder, recorded by a woman who was one of Ray's friends from UCLA, and helped the early Doors flyer, promote and get folks to come to the London Fog to check out "Ray & Jim's new band!"

AAAAAND she took photos - lots of 'em - in great quality black & white, of a bunch of guys who look, like, ten years old, up on stage rockin' out. Un. be. LIEVable!!!!

Thanks Jeff for confirming this!!!!
"Down in Albion..."  -Pete Doherty

#23 secrethostofthetownship

secrethostofthetownship

• Members
  • 3,501 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 04:04 AM

I expect this from this site! No offense to Jeff he has to follow protocol,..."

BINGO!

Jeff was in NO position to announce it without consent.I was suspious that he would of EVEN announced anything in-regards to what The Doors received thru the mail without it first,either being announced previously or w/ the consent of the band themselves.But make no mistake,whether it was announced elsewhere from the guys,Jeff STILL would of needed their blessings to announce (&/or HINT) about this news.

Edited by secrethostofthetownship, 22 August 2011 - 04:06 AM.

#24 Doorsmanagement

Doorsmanagement

Yo, 'sup?

• Members
  • 2,278 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 07:27 AM

Chuck Berry's "Lucille"??.....

don't you mean Little Richard?....

Yes, of course, you're right. I was too busy listening to "Money," which made me think of Chuck Berry.

(Juuuust kidding - "Money" was Barrett Strong, and co-written by Berry Gordy)

#25 Hamlet

Hamlet

• Members
  • 2,956 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 07:41 AM

I love how Ray, Robby and John just announce stuff anywhere but it takes us weeks to get any info here which to me makes ZERO sense. WE'RE YOU'RE HARD CORE FANS, WE SHOULD KNOW THESE THINGS RIGHT AWAY. THIS TOP SECRET CIA STUFF JUST TURNS ME OFF BEYOND WORDS. There's no need for it period. Sorry, but that's how I feel.

Pats Radio

:angry:

What demented ramblings.

The Cia, huh? You make demands, huh?

You can buy the stuff yourself, motherfucker, if you´re so eager on getting your hands on this!

Don´t lord it over other people´s money and tell them what to do.
we´s just joy-ridin´

#26 Vjerchi

Vjerchi

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 07:42 AM

It's excellent quality, from a reel-to-reel tape recorder, recorded by a woman who was one of Ray's friends from UCLA, and helped the early Doors flyer, promote and get folks to come to the London Fog to check out "Ray & Jim's new band!"

AAAAAND she took photos - lots of 'em - in great quality black & white, of a bunch of guys who look, like, ten years old, up on stage rockin' out. Un. be. LIEVable!!!!

Really pleasant and unexpected surprise. Looking forward to this one. Hope it will come sooner rather then later.

Great news.

#27 Morning Glory

Morning Glory

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmatio
  • 331 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 08:39 AM

What demented ramblings.

You can buy the stuff yourself, motherfucker, if you´re so eager on getting your hands on this!

Gosh, H.

Who is though not eager.

#28 Pats Radio

Pats Radio

Senior

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 11:44 AM

Hey, listen, I understand your frustration and anger.

Remember, I manage The Doors, and I answer to them, and I cannot (and DO NOT) talk about anything, or do anything, or release anything, that they have not approved. I mean, it's my job, I guess, to take some of the flak, and for people to have a "person" to blame, be frustrated with, yell at, be disappointed with, etc.

And I'm not asking you to feel bad for me - I'm paid very well for the privilege of having the GREATEST job in the world. And I'm thrilled to do it.

But please, try not to think of me as "playing games" with you, or anyone else. The Doors can say whatever they want, at any time, to anyone they choose. It's their band, their career, and their legacy. But it's not MINE. So I take marching orders from them - and until they tell ME that I can talk about something......I just can't. Sorry, man.

Thanks Jeff. Hey listen, I understand YOUR position, have you been reading my posts the last few years???? I get it but don't tell us you scored something huge then don't tell us what's going on. I rather you say nothing till you can or ask them if you can let it out. To me saying "you won't believe what we just got" then say nothing is well....playing games. Sorry. I also understand you can't say anything till they ok it but did you ask them if you could???

Lastly, I'm not giving you "flak" I'm just being open with you and telling you how it looks on the outside. If it looks like flak well that wasn't my intention, that's what I hate about e-mails or whatever they sometimes come across a different way then you wanted. Look, I think you know where I stand as far as what YOU do and your staff, I think I've been pretty pretty pretty clear on that. Buuuuuuut sometimes I scratch my head a bit when it comes to giving us some info before we read it elsewhere on another website. I don't get that AT ALL!!!

Great to hear about London Fog gig should be a real trip. Thanks for answering a lot of questions on here. Very much appreciated. Be well.

Pats Radio

B)
Well that's New York for ya. The only people that rush the stage are guys. - Jim

#29 Pats Radio

Pats Radio

Senior

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 11:48 AM

What demented ramblings.

Hamlet, give it a rest. Throwing out the MF-bomb is classless and makes you look cheap. If you don't agree with what I wrote fine, but MF-bombs??? WEAK!

Pats Radio

:D
Well that's New York for ya. The only people that rush the stage are guys. - Jim

#30 Hamlet

Hamlet

• Members
  • 2,956 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 12:20 PM

Hamlet, give it a rest. Throwing out the MF-bomb is classless and makes you look cheap. If you don't agree with what I wrote fine, but MF-bombs??? WEAK!

Pats Radio

:D

Well your demanding for other people to use money on stuff you want is beyond comprehension!

Buy your own stuff! Buy all the unreleased tapes you want. Buy the New Orleans tape, buy the IOW film. You go ahead and buy! Don´t ask others to do your business.

Now I learn there has been an auction for Doors tapes.

Why didn´t you buy those?
we´s just joy-ridin´

#31 Hamlet

Hamlet

• Members
  • 2,956 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 12:45 PM

Jeff, thank you for all the info you have been able to provide regarding LAW (and all other projects and releases thus far). It's very much appreciated and I'm looking forward to a pre-order date and of course the potential for the new item you have uncovered. Certainly it would be nice if the Doors didn't guard release info like Area 51 secrets but, as you say, it's their band.. Thanks again!

My guess is that it is a business. I´m sure tape- and filmholders want a huge amount for the sale of these rights.

And I´m sure demented ramblings from obsessed fans demanding The Doors to buy whatever tape is being dangled in front of them, is actually counterproductive to getting these tapes out...

We should be glad that a gig at London Fog sees a release. Who would have imagined that!?
we´s just joy-ridin´

#32 Pats Radio

Pats Radio

Senior

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 01:17 PM

Well your demanding for other people to use money on stuff you want is beyond comprehension!

Buy your own stuff! Buy all the unreleased tapes you want. Buy the New Orleans tape, buy the IOW film. You go ahead and buy! Don´t ask others to do your business.

Now I learn there has been an auction for Doors tapes.

Why didn´t you buy those?

What are you talking about??? It's hard to take you serious when your talking rubbish. Where did I say they should buy tapes or anything for that mater??? Where?? I simply said I wish they could tell us stuff as it comes up. You're talking nonsense. Lastly, you're talking to the wrong guy about what they should and shouldn't do THEIR money. Read my posts over the years, I've gotten more crap on these boards because I was the ONE guy telling everybody you can't tell them what to do THEIR money. So what your comments show is you're out to lunch and out of line laying this stuff on me. You got the wrong guy. Pass this crap off to somebody else who really cares what you think because quite frankly I don't a rats butt what you think. Have a nice day.

Pats Radio

B)

Edited by Pats Radio, 22 August 2011 - 01:25 PM.

#33 Shine

Shine

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 01:21 PM

I am blown away with this news. Jeff, i know your up the walls with LAW but can you give typical guestimated timelime on the release of the London Fog recording, i presume it will be 2012? Just so i can get me head around this :-)
Thanks for your great work!!
Shine

#34 Hamlet

Hamlet

• Members
  • 2,956 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 01:40 PM

What are you talking about??? It's hard to take you serious when your talking rubbish. Where did I say they should buy tapes or anything for that mater??? Where?? I simply said I wish they could tell us stuff as it comes up. You're talking nonsense. Lastly, you're talking to the wrong guy about what they should and shouldn't do THEIR money. Read my posts over the years, I've gotten more crap on these boards because I was the ONE guy telling everybody you can't tell them what to do THEIR money. So what your comments show is you're out to lunch and out of line laying this stuff on me. You got the wrong guy. Pass this crap off to somebody else who really cares what you think because quite frankly I don't a rats butt what you think. Have a nice day.

Pats Radio

B)

So not only do we have fans who demand what The Doors should buy, now we have fans who demand to know what´s going on in their business.

So, Ray and Robby should be on the blower and tell you, Ray´s friend from UCLA had taped a show at the London Fog, and it will be released very soon, and btw they´re sorry they didn´t inform you in 1966 :lol:

If you buy the tapes yourself, you don´t have to sit and wait around to be informed!

Edited by Hamlet, 22 August 2011 - 01:43 PM.

we´s just joy-ridin´

#35 Pats Radio

Pats Radio

Senior

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 01:46 PM

So not only do we have fans who demand what The Doors should buy, now we have fans who demand to know what´s going on in their business.

So, Ray and Robby should be on the blower and tell you, Ray´s friend from UCLA had taped a show at the London Fog, and it will be released very soon, and btw they´re sorry they didn´t inform you in 1966 :lol:

My God you are lost. Can you read???? Did you read anything I just wrote or are you just ranting about nothing???? AGAIN, Jeff brought it up I DIDN'T. Get your facts straight before you talk. You're looking like a fool. Stop talking.

Pats Radio

:)

#36 Hamlet

Hamlet

• Members
  • 2,956 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 01:56 PM

I love how Ray, Robby and John just announce stuff anywhere but it takes us weeks to get any info here which to me makes ZERO sense. WE'RE YOU'RE HARD CORE FANS, WE SHOULD KNOW THESE THINGS RIGHT AWAY. THIS TOP SECRET CIA STUFF JUST TURNS ME OFF BEYOND WORDS. There's no need for it period. Sorry, but that's how I feel.

Pats Radio

:angry:

Angry Pat wants to know these things right away...
we´s just joy-ridin´

#37 tombstoneroad

tombstoneroad

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 02:19 PM

The prospect of a London Fog show is just incredible!! That is quite a find! Very, very cool...

#38 Gordon Typer

Gordon Typer

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 02:32 PM

I can't believe there isn't more hullabaloo on this London Fog recording! This is freaking amazing.

The common complaint is that we have 70's live releases rather than early era Doors. And then the earliest era Doors shows up and we in-fight over how people want release information. Wow.

Anyhow, on the London Fog, let me simply say - WOW! I never imagined anything like this existing. What an amazing discovery.

I hope that the photos are released as well, either individually or part of the set.

Awesome. Simply awesome. :blink:

#39 mystery train

mystery train

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 02:51 PM

WOW, the London Fog! I really never ever dreamed of something like this!! That's even earlier than the Whisky, how AMAZING!!!
@Jeff: Have you already listened to the tapes yourself? How do they sound? Any familiar songs??
I really never thought such news would hit us Doorsfans, fantastic, I'm speachless...

#40 Pats Radio

Pats Radio

Senior

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 03:31 PM

It would be great if there was a live version of Indian Summer on the London Fog tapes, now that would be REALLY COOL.

Pats Radio

B)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users