Photo

London Fog Recording!!

345 replies to this topic

#41 secrethostofthetownship

secrethostofthetownship

• Members
  • 3,501 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 03:48 PM

I can't believe there isn't more hullabaloo on this London Fog recording! This is freaking amazing.

The common complaint is that we have 70's live releases rather than early era Doors. And then the earliest era Doors shows up and we in-fight over how people want release information. Wow.

Anyhow, on the London Fog, let me simply say - WOW! I never imagined anything like this existing. What an amazing discovery.

I hope that the photos are released as well, either individually or part of the set.

Awesome. Simply awesome. :blink:

Here.Here.

The LF show(s?) should be INCREDIBLE!

The fact that the guys released this info (probably was gonna leak any way) only makes me hopeful that this will be the next major release after LAW 4th.I sure would like to see this release even BEFORE Matrix.

Edited by secrethostofthetownship, 22 August 2011 - 03:56 PM.

#42 secrethostofthetownship

secrethostofthetownship

• Members
  • 3,501 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 03:55 PM

It would be great if there was a live version of Indian Summer on the London Fog tapes, now that would be REALLY COOL.

Pats Radio

B)

That would be pretty cool.Also,remember the guys also tackled (according to Shaw's book) In The Midnight Hour at the Whisky in June of '66.Although this may be in accurate,but seeings how they did a lot of "covers" back in the day it wouldn't necessarily be a surprise."Louie,Louie" is another song they did in & around these times.

#43 BallroomDays67

BallroomDays67

• Members
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 05:09 PM

Awesome news!

Jeff, Do you have any more info about the "early Doors flyer" that you mentioned? That's interesting in and of itself, as I don't think I've ever seen an authentic flyer from '66. There's one from the London Fog, but it appears to have been produced later on.

#44 Doorsmanagement

Doorsmanagement

Yo, 'sup?

• Members
  • 2,278 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 05:46 PM

That would be pretty cool.Also,remember the guys also tackled (according to Shaw's book) In The Midnight Hour at the Whisky in June of '66.Although this may be in accurate,but seeings how they did a lot of "covers" back in the day it wouldn't necessarily be a surprise."Louie,Louie" is another song they did in & around these times.

Well, I do have one really interesting little tidbit for ya.......they perform

(drum roll)

(Another drum roll)

Strange Days.

#45 Just Another Dark Witness

Just Another Dark Witness

I'm hiding THE BLUE BUS.... In my pants!

• Members
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 05:53 PM

I think Jeff just gave everyone here a boner......
Fish heads fish heads, roly poly fish heads...... Eat them up, yum....

#46 Hamlet

Hamlet

• Members
  • 2,956 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 06:08 PM

(drum roll)

(Another drum roll)

Strange Days.

This canīt be happening! Are you trying to hurt us?
weīs just joy-ridinī

#47 Doorsmanagement

Doorsmanagement

Yo, 'sup?

• Members
  • 2,278 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 06:11 PM

Jeff, thanks for commenting on those tapes. They looked interesting. Can you tell us if they were genuine LOST masters, copies, etc?

I can't comment on anything regarding these tapes right now, as from what I'm hearing, there may be possible legal and/or criminal action pending.

I have limited first-hand knowledge, so I can't speculate, as I don't know.

#48 Doorsmanagement

Doorsmanagement

Yo, 'sup?

• Members
  • 2,278 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 06:16 PM

This canīt be happening! Are you trying to hurt us?

We'll get into all of this. Right now, the tapes have to go to Botnick, the photos have to go to digital transfer folks, etc. This will all take some time, and obviously, I can't play, transfer or even open the tapes or negatives until the professionals do their thing. But I've seen and heard everything, so, I know they're great.

HOWEVER - we're focusing on the L.A. Woman 40th Anniversary suite of releases between now and November.

But, (obviously) I won't forget about LF, and you guys - as soon as we can talk more about it, and get you real info, and maybe a photo or snippet or two - which I'd love to do for you guys - I will. Just gotta trust me, trust the process, and know that you're being thought about, considered (hell, intently listened to) - and you really have no idea how much your comments and suggestions influence what we do. A LOT.

#49 Morning Glory

Morning Glory

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmatio
  • 331 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 06:19 PM

(drum roll)

(Another drum roll)

Strange Days.

My God. Exciting! I can't wait to hear it. This is getting better & better.
It's been some time since one felt like this as a Doors fan, on cloud nine.

#50 tombstoneroad

tombstoneroad

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 06:23 PM

Strange Days?? Awesome!!! Thanks for the interaction you have here with us, Jeff. I'm glad to hear that our input is valued and heard by all parties. This is all excellent news!

#51 secrethostofthetownship

secrethostofthetownship

• Members
  • 3,501 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 07:02 PM

(drum roll)

(Another drum roll)

Strange Days.

WOW!!!

Jeff,is there a pretty GOOD possibilty that The London Fog gig will be released in 2012?

#52 Kostis

Kostis

• Members
  • 2,347 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 07:03 PM

The Doors Live At The London Fog?!
i can't take the smile off my face

#53 hardrockcafe

hardrockcafe

• Members
  • 806 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 07:03 PM

We'll get into all of this. Right now, the tapes have to go to Botnick, the photos have to go to digital transfer folks, etc. This will all take some time, and obviously, I can't play, transfer or even open the tapes or negatives until the professionals do their thing. But I've seen and heard everything, so, I know they're great.

HOWEVER - we're focusing on the L.A. Woman 40th Anniversary suite of releases between now and November.

But, (obviously) I won't forget about LF, and you guys - as soon as we can talk more about it, and get you real info, and maybe a photo or snippet or two - which I'd love to do for you guys - I will. Just gotta trust me, trust the process, and know that you're being thought about, considered (hell, intently listened to) - and you really have no idea how much your comments and suggestions influence what we do. A LOT.

Jeff can you confirm if you have 2 tape reels from London Fog or just 1 reel? The rumor is that the 2nd reel might be missing and contains an early version "The End" before the Oedipal section was added. Do you have the 2nd London Fog reel with "The End?" Thanks!

Edited by hardrockcafe, 22 August 2011 - 07:03 PM.

#54 hilts

hilts

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 08:02 PM

Fantastic news about LF Jeff! The next few months and year or so are going to be exciting times here. Can't wait for LAW 40th first though.

Edited by hilts, 22 August 2011 - 08:03 PM.

#55 Roughie

Roughie

Rider on the Boards

• Members
  • 1,432 posts
  • Interests:Writing, film making, photography, comedy, horses, music.

Posted 22 August 2011 - 08:30 PM

Strange Days!!!!!!!!! At the risk of sounding like a teenager... OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lucky I am sitting down. lol
The Down, Across & Up DVD is now available. It is a multi-region DVD. The DVD and book are available through our website.

www.downacrossup.com

www.purplesheep.co.nz

#56 manboob

manboob

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 09:44 PM

Strange Days!!!!!!!!! At the risk of sounding like a teenager... OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on Jeff La Woman tracklist!! You guys have to know a tentative final listing by now at least!! At least tell us two fantastic outtakes that you know will be on there you won't get heat for that will you? Regardless you de man!! We all love ya for what you do!

#57 The Royal Sperm

The Royal Sperm

Devil Sperm

• Members
  • 3,090 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 09:45 PM

Jeff, i think i talk in represention of the whole doors community when i say this: please release the London Fog before Matrix or Hollywood Bowl or Isle of Wight or anything, of course after L.a.woman bundle :rolleyes:
Waiting for the Big Fat Black Complete Matrix Box Set!

#58 Silver Forest

Silver Forest

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 09:49 PM

Posted Image

Several holy grails here:

Strange Days
Photos
Never before listened Blues covers
Early Doors
Fantastic sound

I'm a teenager these days!

I guess these are the happiest days in The Doors community! A true FEAST of FRIENDS is waiting for us!
A release of this stuff is a completely unexpected MUST!

Jeff, be sure that some more info will not decrease our interest. Please, whenever you can do provide us some info on the setlist and if possible at least one photo!

Thanks to that woman (Ray's friend)! I hope she's alive and will give her testimony about the day of the recording.
Thanks to the 3 Doors! Thanks to you Jeff! Please make this release a special, a real special one!

ps: a confirmation of a early The End version would be the final explosive touch! :)

Edited by Silver Forest, 22 August 2011 - 09:54 PM.

#59 Roughie

Roughie

Rider on the Boards

• Members
  • 1,432 posts
  • Interests:Writing, film making, photography, comedy, horses, music.

Posted 22 August 2011 - 09:59 PM

The woman who recorded and photographed this is my hero. I always wondered if someone had or why someone hadn't recorded a London Fog show or a Whisky show.

I look forward to hearing all the songs. Lucielle really has me interested. Is it Ray singing it? Can't imagine Jim singing it... would be great and a real trip if it is Jim singing it.

Happy Camper.

Edited by Roughie, 22 August 2011 - 10:04 PM.

The Down, Across & Up DVD is now available. It is a multi-region DVD. The DVD and book are available through our website.

www.downacrossup.com

www.purplesheep.co.nz

#60 universalmind69

universalmind69

• Members
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 10:47 PM

Thanks to the band, Jeff and everyone else involved for breathing some new life into The Doors with this incredibly revitalizing injection of a London Fog '66 live recording!

"once where there was darkness there is now light"-----
Just my own take on the "world-weary" and bluesy '69-70 Doors vs. those young guys back in '66 stil playing the bars and strip joints desparately trying to make it into the big time :lol:

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users