We Need Someone Or Something New...

20 replies to this topic

#1 Greendoors

Greendoors

• Registered Users
  • 40 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 07:08 AM

“There are Things Known and Things Unknown And In Between Are The Doors”

I feel this quote was definitely appropriate to Jim, and two recent films that exploring his experiences with death.

There are Things Known...” IT is documEnted, in song/poetry, and interviews, that Jim had his ‘Dawn’s Highway’ experience around the age of 5. His first discovery of death, and how it impacted him through his Life and Legacy.

And There are things Unknown... What we reALLy don’t know is whaT HappEned to Jim on his Last Days in Paris. ThEre are a lOt of sPecuLations on this grEat mystery.

And in Between are The Doors THe Doors is the legAcy he lefT here on earth. MetaphoricallY, the in between represents the dream like cOnscioUsness and soul of the Doors music and mesSage. I fEEl it’s time to explore those avenues.

“All of our songs are about LOVE, DEATH, and TRAVEL”
Jim Morrison

(Songs of Love) (Songs Of Death) (Songs that Set Men Free.)

12/8, 11/7, 10/6, 9/5, 8/4, 7/3

www.youtube.com/symbolicy

#2 Defiance

Defiance

Jump Ball

• Banned Users
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 08:32 PM

“There are Things Known and Things Unknown And In Between Are The Doors”

I feel this quote was definitely appropriate to Jim, and two recent films that exploring his experiences with death.

There are Things Known...” IT is documEnted, in song/poetry, and interviews, that Jim had his ‘Dawn’s Highway’ experience around the age of 5. His first discovery of death, and how it impacted him through his Life and Legacy.

And There are things Unknown... What we reALLy don’t know is whaT HappEned to Jim on his Last Days in Paris. ThEre are a lOt of sPecuLations on this grEat mystery.

And in Between are The Doors THe Doors is the legAcy he lefT here on earth. MetaphoricallY, the in between represents the dream like cOnscioUsness and soul of the Doors music and mesSage. I fEEl it’s time to explore those avenues.

“All of our songs are about LOVE, DEATH, and TRAVEL”
Jim Morrison

Seeing as you have only 18 posts in 4 years, does that mean that this specific post somehow has greater signifigance? I only ask that because of the over-all cryptic nature of it.

If you are saying that there are 'symbols' and/or 'symbolism' in Doors songs, I would have to strongly disagree based on the notion that such a thing would lower The Doors to nothing more than superstitious practioners of witchcraft and Voodoo.

All the above video does is lift clips from Stone's movie and feature some shakey-camera shots of a script which supposedly contains Morrison's call for 'someone or something new'.

New isn't always the best. Too many people base their creativity on what Jim already did long ago, yet call their own work 'original'. Accept that it all has been done. The 'original' angle is played out. Jim looked towards the Black Blues for inspiration, and that is what modern people need to do.

No one can learn to sing through listening to Jim Morrison. Contrastly, one must learn from Jim's [Black] teachers.

Right off the bat, Jim says that his songs are Love, Death, and Travel, therefore there are no symbols needed. If in fact symbols were placed, it would have been done by the record company without Morrison's knowledge. Perhaps someone else in the band other than Jim did know about these symbols being inserted into the otherwise pure music.

The rocks being set down to spell out 'travel' is kind of cool though. Did you create that yourself?

What is not to know of what happened to Jim? He was a heroin user and he died an addict's death.

Edited by Defiance, 04 September 2011 - 08:42 PM.

#3 Greendoors

Greendoors

• Registered Users
  • 40 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 07:03 AM

Difiance -
Thanks for your two cents, getting this post more coverage, and telling me what you did like about something I did. To answer the question, yes, I did the rocks, and everything else all by my lonesome.
I am sorry that’s all you saw in that trailer. There really is ‘greater significance’ then meets the eye. Don’t know about you, but when I see a number after something (trailer #1), I assume that there is another, and in this case maybe even a third. Peep the scene,who knows, maybe one of your questions of comments might be answered.

In Honor of Jim's birthday, and 'Year of the Doors,' here is my contribution (for what it's worth)

#4 Greendoors

Greendoors

• Registered Users
  • 40 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 08:03 AM

#5 Greendoors

Greendoors

• Registered Users
  • 40 posts

#6 Greendoors

Greendoors

• Registered Users
  • 40 posts

This is the reason why this subject line is entitled what it is. Shout-out to this messageboard.

#7 Greendoors

Greendoors

• Registered Users
  • 40 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 08:04 AM

Street Performer, performing "People are Strange"

The latest development and progression of 'LDT' (trailer)

#8 Greendoors

Greendoors

• Registered Users
  • 40 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:08 AM

Doors to Symbolicy is an extension project, to the project, ‘Seeing Through The Mystic.’ In ‘STTM’, Feb. 18th is a sacred day. So in honor of 2/18, I present to you, ‘Doors to Symbolicy #6’ -

If you want to know more about the old man, the date, and my journey from there to here, feel free to check out my 'STTM' page. http://www.youtube.c...F9D22DC9E55C4AD

Thanks.

#9 Greendoors

Greendoors

• Registered Users
  • 40 posts

Doors to Symbolicy #6 - Love (glimpse into the story/characters, future progressions)

#10 Greendoors

Greendoors

• Registered Users
  • 40 posts

Doors to Symbolicy #6 - Death, Travel.

#11 Greendoors

Greendoors

• Registered Users
  • 40 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:11 AM

Doors to Symbolicy is an extension project, to the project, ‘Seeing Through The Mystic.’ In ‘STTM’, Feb. 18th is a sacred day. So in honor of 2/18, I present to you, ‘Doors to Symbolicy #6’ -

If you want to know more about the old man, the date, and my journey from there to here, feel free to check out my 'STTM' page. http://www.youtube.c...F9D22DC9E55C4AD

Thanks.

#12 Greendoors

Greendoors

• Registered Users
  • 40 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:53 AM

Here is a glimpse into one of the 'Expansions' for the up and coming 'Doors to Symbolicy 7'. The first interviews 09', breaking down the project within a project-project. A crash course on the above topics.

Thanks.

#13 Greendoors

Greendoors

• Registered Users
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:03 AM

It was this Doors Message Board posting -

http://www.thedoors....0&hl=green&st=0

That inspired the theme for both 'Doors to Symbolicy' 7 and 8.

Doors to Symbolicy # 7 (expansion from video above)

Here is my trailer for Doors to Symbolicy # 8

#14 Greendoors

Greendoors

• Registered Users
  • 40 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 07:57 PM

With ‘Doors to Symbolicy 8 (Green)’, I figured this would be a good segment to incorporate the six lyrics by the Doors that have the word Green in it (Color, Gallop, Hotel, Vine, Vest, Death.) -Green Doors

Here are two long-time buskers doing a cover of ‘Riders on the Storm’ for my latest project, Doors to Symbolicy - 8. Full version.

#15 Greendoors

Greendoors

• Registered Users
  • 40 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 07:58 PM

Since it’s the 9th series, I am using the 9th song of every studio album, as each of them will represent the expansions.

#16 Greendoors

Greendoors

• Registered Users
  • 40 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:03 AM

On this, the 41st anniversary of Jim Morrison’s death, I present you with, ‘Releasing Friends Through Voicemail.’

Just one of the reasons I knew I was on the right track with creating ‘Love Death Travel.’ Out of all days in the calendar, I received this gift on July 3rd, 08’. As a fan and creator, words can’t describe my universal gratitude.

#17 Greendoors

Greendoors

• Registered Users
  • 40 posts

"With the Divine Mockery of Words." (or lack thereof)

I thought I would have fun with a video response.

#18 Greendoors

Greendoors

• Registered Users
  • 40 posts

As death is a release, I too release (what may quite possibly) my final, ‘Doors to Symbolicy.’ DTS’9 - (round 1) Highlights include, -No time frame kickstart to find a doc crew for my ‘Door MAT’ series. Music.Art.(behind the scene to the Trailer/Short film of ‘LDT.’) , and so much more. .

DTS’9 - (round 2) Highlights include finding people of interest to help see ‘LDT’ a reality, new concepts/a fan collective?!, and a metaphorical journey of a young man.

#19 Defiance

Defiance

Jump Ball

• Banned Users
  • 0 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:38 AM

Difiance -
Thanks for your two cents, getting this post more coverage, and telling me what you did like about something I did. To answer the question, yes, I did the rocks, and everything else all by my lonesome.
I am sorry that’s all you saw in that trailer. There really is ‘greater significance’ then meets the eye. Don’t know about you, but when I see a number after something (trailer #1), I assume that there is another, and in this case maybe even a third. Peep the scene,who knows, maybe one of your questions of comments might be answered.

Sounds condescending of you to imply that I am the one who somehow missed something. I didn't miss anything in regards to Jim...and he is who matters.... him and God, and Jesus (who is God in human form).

As I said, you write cryptically.

Don't be sorry for my sake.... I don't want you to be sorry.

Greater signifigance than Jim Morrison himself? I doubt it.

Regardless of how great any film is, even Academy Award winners, the only signifigance is for people who view. The signifigance goes into their lives. Have you seen The Grey?

We can't place signifigance where there is none. Doing such a thing is associated with drug use.... almost a mental 'hypergraphia'.

Is there a part of the puzzle we are missing here that perhaps would explain it all?

When you are in the desert, watch for Cougar.

Edited by Defiance, 03 July 2012 - 08:46 AM.

#20 Greendoors

Greendoors

• Registered Users
  • 40 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:08 PM

As I transition from ‘Doors to Symbolicy’ to the roots of my project, ‘S y m b o l i c y’, so does the script that started it all. ‘Love Death Travel’ has transitioned into a ‘Newborn Awakening.’ Keeping ‘the Doors’ of possibility Open.

Here the final farewell to my ‘Doors to Symbolicy’ series. An alternative version to the video above. Using (Earth Air Fire Water) to share in the transformation of these elements. This may be the End, but the Journey of S y m b o l i c y has just begun.

An honoring of Spirit... 12/8

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users