Photo

Mexico City???

24 replies to this topic

#1 Marco 1979

Marco 1979

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:17 PM

could be a autentic tribute band (but he sounds totally like Jim), cause i don't believe they performed so early Love Her Madly and Riders on the Storm...but it COULD Dallas 1970, the 2nd show...waht do you tink about it?

#2 Hamlet

Hamlet

• Members
  • 2,956 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 03:54 PM

At you tube when the musicīs over is also presented as being from mexico, but that version is clearly toronto 1969.
weīs just joy-ridinī

#3 Marco 1979

Marco 1979

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 06:23 PM

At you tube when the musicīs over is also presented as being from mexico, but that version is clearly toronto 1969.

yeah, i know...but it's a different concert, than this here... complete another quality...but what ist this? Madly? RIDERS???

#4 Hamlet

Hamlet

• Members
  • 2,956 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 06:30 PM

well, if itīs the same uploader who swindles with wtmo you can rest assure the other stuff is swindle as well.
weīs just joy-ridinī

#5 Xcitement soon unfolds

Xcitement soon unfolds

• Members
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:13 PM

well, if itīs the same uploader who swindles with wtmo you can rest assure the other stuff is swindle as well.

That uploader might just have followed the information from his deliberately mislabeled bootleg cd. I listened to Gloria from his uploads and wondered what it was. Real? Fake (i.e. tribute band)? I don't know. It sounds quite a bit like Jim, and also one or two ad libs coming from Ray sound like it is him. I'm very curious. If it turns out to be a tribute band, their singer comes very close to the real one.

[language-correcting edit]

Edited by Xcitement soon unfolds, 16 January 2012 - 07:13 PM.

#6 Marco 1979

Marco 1979

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:29 PM

That uploader might just have followed the information from his deliberately mislabeled bootleg cd. I listened to Gloria from his uploads and wondered what it was. Real? Fake (i.e. tribute band)? I don't know. It sounds quite a bit like Jim, and also one or two ad libs coming from Ray sound like it is him. I'm very curious. If it turns out to be a tribute band, their singer comes very close to the real one.

[language-correcting edit]

coould it not the lost infamous late show in Dallas '70???

#7 Hamlet

Hamlet

• Members
  • 2,956 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:44 PM

It is not The Doors.

Listen to the bass in ROTS. Thatīs a real bass.
weīs just joy-ridinī

#8 Hamlet

Hamlet

• Members
  • 2,956 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:49 PM

But I have never heard a singer phrasing AND shouting like Jim as this singer.

What does this mean? It is the text from Love me Two Times in Mexico.

estas son algunas recopilaciones entorno a la actuacion de The Doors en Mexico, en cada cual se incluye su fuente para darnos
una idea global de este suceso, hoy ya un clasico entre los fanaticos dl grupo aqui en Mexico
weīs just joy-ridinī

#9 avp2027

avp2027

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 10:29 PM

This is interesting.
"It's still alive inside of me." - Little Steven

#10 avp2027

avp2027

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 10:32 PM

Actually no, the text on screen during the video for WTMO states that the six newest tracks he posted (the ones with the bright red DOORS logo) there are the ones from the "Mexico" CD, which he acknowledges is mislabeled. His text states that he posted those for comparison purpose with the other tracks he has posted as the "real" show from Mexico.I'm not saying postively one way or the other about the ROTS and LHM tracks, but he is most assuredly NOT attempting to "swindle" with his separate posting of the Toronto CD tracks.

Edited by avp2027, 16 January 2012 - 10:37 PM.

"It's still alive inside of me." - Little Steven

#11 Marco 1979

Marco 1979

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 12:14 AM

well, it's a real bass, ok...but on the 2 LA Woman shows in Dallas and New Orleans they had LIVE a bass player... so it COULD Dallas;)
but for the spanish language after Gloria...hmm...i dunno...i stay a bit sceptic...but i would love, when it was REALLY Dallas...

#12 Hamlet

Hamlet

• Members
  • 2,956 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 06:44 AM

Who was the bassplayer?

There is no mention of a bassplayer in my books.
weīs just joy-ridinī

#13 Xcitement soon unfolds

Xcitement soon unfolds

• Members
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:02 AM

Marco might be mixing up the fact that Dallas (!) Taylor played drums at the last Felt Forum show. I don't know anything about a bass player during Doors shows with Jim either.

#14 mizscarlett43

mizscarlett43

Bitch Emeritus

• Members
  • 5,774 posts
  • Interests:Politics; History (Medieval English, Victorian English and American, esp. William Bonney/Lincoln County War); Permaculture; Mexican and Moroccan Folk Art and Vernacular Architecture

Posted 17 January 2012 - 12:56 PM

But I have never heard a singer phrasing AND shouting like Jim as this singer.

What does this mean? It is the text from Love me Two Times in Mexico.

estas son algunas recopilaciones entorno a la actuacion de The Doors en Mexico, en cada cual se incluye su fuente para darnos
una idea global de este suceso, hoy ya un clasico entre los fanaticos dl grupo aqui en Mexico

...estas son?? Ay chihuahua, Hammy...! Posted Image

How's about estos son instead? Posted Image

Edited by mizscarlett43, 17 January 2012 - 12:58 PM.

I still believe in the Cosmic Giggle, even if Rolling Stone doesn't any more.

#15 Hamlet

Hamlet

• Members
  • 2,956 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:02 PM

I donīt know spanish. If you know the translation please write it here.
weīs just joy-ridinī

#16 ChrisN

ChrisN

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:47 PM

Not the Doors. There are plenty of pictures from N.O. and there's no bass player in them. Also for Dallas and New Orleans Ray has a Gibson organ and a Fender Rhodes piano....the organ on Love Her Madly sounds like maybe a Vox but probably a synthesizer trying to sound like a Vox.

#17 Hamlet

Hamlet

• Members
  • 2,956 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:48 PM

I have heard the tunes a couple of times.

These are my observations:

It sounds so spot on like Jim singing, that I am 95% sure it is him. The last 5% skepticism is because of the bassplayer and drummer.

It sounds like Jim around LA Woman and the singer also has Jimīs phrasing all over the place.

Alabama Song is a great example! Check out the way he snarls out: "We must DIE.." Classic Morrison.

The clavesplaying in Not To Touch The Earth is also a hint.

The setlist is so arcane: Alabama Song. Maggie MīGill, Not To Touch The Earth, that I donīt think a tribute band would choose these songs at all in their set list.

However, I donīt think the drummer sounds like Densmore. This drummer here pushes the tempo a lot different than Densmore.

Riders has a lot of poetry included, which very well could point to Jimīs poetry reading a few days before the Dallas shows in December 1970.

The inclusion of the poetry in Riders could also point to a tribute band from the late 1970īs and early 1980īs where the American Prayer album was released.
But, then again would a tribute band allow the singer to begin the poetryreading in the middle of the Riders keyboardsolo, which is quite a famous solo.

Edited by Hamlet, 17 January 2012 - 06:54 PM.

weīs just joy-ridinī

#18 Marco 1979

Marco 1979

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 12:14 AM

it stays a mystique... i only am sceptic after Gloria...Jim never spoke spanish!
well, the bass player could be Jerry Sheff..i will check John Densmores book...i think it stands there, that they played in Dallas and New Orleans with Marc Benno und Jerry Sheff, too
Rays Organ on Love her Madly sounds too strange

but GOOD Tributebands plays setlists like this...we do it too...and i put a few lines from Jims Poetry before Riders, too

not only best ofs...when i wanna here perfektion and best of..i listen to the cd's and don't wanna see a LIVE band.

#19 Marco 1979

Marco 1979

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 12:49 AM

it stays a mystique... i only am sceptic after Gloria...Jim never spoke spanish!
well, the bass player could be Jerry Sheff..i will check John Densmores book...i think it stands there, that they played in Dallas and New Orleans with Marc Benno und Jerry Sheff, too
Rays Organ on Love her Madly sounds too strange

but GOOD Tributebands plays setlists like this...we do it too...and i put a few lines from Jims Poetry before Riders, too

not only best ofs...when i wanna here perfektion and best of..i listen to the cd's and don't wanna see a LIVE band.

ok, it IS a tributeband...no doubt... Listen to Alabama Song and Back Door Man...the singer put some from Stockholm, some from Matrix and some from London in...Jim had never do that in same concert...maybe it was Wild child in the 90's...singer Dave Brock is very similar to Jim...good hes is now a bit too old, but still good...i think ist's from the 90's, or 80's... i listen to Dave this tour with Ray and Robbie...he is pretty good

#20 Hamlet

Hamlet

• Members
  • 2,956 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 06:35 AM

Thanks for uploading this music.

Itīs a really good performance. The singer is very impressive!

Another mystery is the crowdīs reaction. Why would they freak out like this if it is merely a tribute band?
weīs just joy-ridinī

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users