Photo

Jefferson Airplane with The Doors in Europe

4 replies to this topic

#1 crazyhorse80

crazyhorse80

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:04 AM

Given the abundance of Doors-related media--both audio and video--from their European tour, was just wondering if any of the Airplane's performances were recorded in either medium. Particularly of interest, would be the Amsterdam performance where Jim supposedly came out on-stage during "Plastic Fantastic Lover" and danced himself till he subsequently passed out. Wouldn't mind hearing that performance, and more than unlikely, seeing video or pictures of that incident. And also, does my memory serve me correct that there is a recording floating around of The Doors performing without Morrison that same night with Ray on vocals? Wouldn't mind hearing or seeing more of anything from that European tour...

#2 Pedro Kazit

Pedro Kazit

• Registered Users
  • 4,515 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:31 AM

Hey crazy, in this link song "Plastic Fantastic Lover" of early show Jefferson Airplane, September 15-1968, in opening this song Grace Slack very little talk audio: "Mr. Jim Morrison dance". Is Download show, link number 1 of "Rapidshare": http://www.guitars10...m-fm-88515.html

#3 crazyhorse80

crazyhorse80

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:27 PM

Hey crazy, in this link song "Plastic Fantastic Lover" of early show Jefferson Airplane, September 15-1968, in opening this song Grace Slack very little talk audio: "Mr. Jim Morrison dance". Is Download show, link number 1 of "Rapidshare": http://www.guitars10...m-fm-88515.html

Cool, thanks for the heads up on that, can't wait to check it out...

#4 Encuentro

Encuentro

• Members
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:36 PM

Given the abundance of Doors-related media--both audio and video--from their European tour, was just wondering if any of the Airplane's performances were recorded in either medium. Particularly of interest, would be the Amsterdam performance where Jim supposedly came out on-stage during "Plastic Fantastic Lover" and danced himself till he subsequently passed out. Wouldn't mind hearing that performance, and more than unlikely, seeing video or pictures of that incident. And also, does my memory serve me correct that there is a recording floating around of The Doors performing without Morrison that same night with Ray on vocals? Wouldn't mind hearing or seeing more of anything from that European tour...

There is an audience recording of the Amsterdam show with Ray on vocal's.
Soul Kitchen.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJMunnaiKxY

#5 Pedro Kazit

Pedro Kazit

• Registered Users
  • 4,515 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:29 AM

Well, crazy in "Youtube" others songs(Vince Treanor announcement, Alabama song/Back door man, Light my Fire, Break on Through...-me no search more-) of this shows. Is easy search in internet this shows with very bad sound recording. In this video Ray and Robby talks about Amsterdam 68 wihtout Jim:

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users