Photo

Johnny Depp Breaks On Through...

84 replies to this topic

#41 StupidGirl

StupidGirl

• Banned
  • 2,835 posts
  • Interests:the truth...for it can be adjusted.....

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:56 AM

HUH? I have no idea what you just said. Care to spell it out for us dimbulbs?

Right when I think things are gettin' as bad as they could be, you draw laughter outta me... k, MizzScarlett, gonna forgive you...just cuzz you know how to crack me up..*i just bought lightbulbs....now you got me me on some other fuvkin' wild goose chase "dimbulbls" you speak english, girl... I'm not goin' anywhere.

#42 Texasky

Texasky

• Members
  • 1,100 posts
  • Interests:European History, Riding horses, Poetry, listening to the Wind

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:42 AM

No, Jim wasn't always classy--he could be a real pig when he was drunk--and though I've never met the man Keef seems to me to be just about the coolest human being on the planet.

Yes, it appears he didn't handle himself very well under the influence. The movie made him into a day and night lush. Keith is still around and apparently can handle the drink without it taking over his life. It killed Michael Clarke of the Byrds, and Brian Jones had his own bout with it.
HE COURTED DEATH LIKE IT WAS A DARK ELUSIVE SWEETHEART

#43 StupidGirl

StupidGirl

• Banned
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:52 AM

HUH? I have no idea what you just said. Care to spell it out for us dimbulbs?

Don't remember you told me to "butt out" on the blue or green color? Well, I justs be "trollin'" now.dimbulbs?Honey, what does that mean?

#44 mizscarlett43

mizscarlett43

Bitch Emeritus

• Members
  • 5,774 posts
  • Interests:Politics; History (Medieval English, Victorian English and American, esp. William Bonney/Lincoln County War); Permaculture; Mexican and Moroccan Folk Art and Vernacular Architecture

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:37 PM

Yes, it appears he didn't handle himself very well under the influence. The movie made him into a day and night lush. Keith is still around and apparently can handle the drink without it taking over his life. It killed Michael Clarke of the Byrds, and Brian Jones had his own bout with it.

I don't think booze was ever Keith's real problem. From what I remember from back in the day, drugs--most specifically heroin--were his poison of choice. Same with Brian Jones, though apparently it wasn't drugs that killed him. It's pretty well settled that Brian was murdered--his killer (an employee of his named Frank somebody-or-other) made a deathbed confession. Salli Stevenson knew Brian--if you're interested you can do a search on his name to find her posts on the subject.

Edited by mizscarlett43, 26 December 2012 - 12:49 AM.

I still believe in the Cosmic Giggle, even if Rolling Stone doesn't any more.

#45 StupidGirl

StupidGirl

• Banned
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:59 AM

Keith Moon BriN jONES...you forget the drummer of Led Zeppilin...John Bohman...can we just climb in bed now?I'm tired.

#46 Texasky

Texasky

• Members
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:41 AM

Posted Image
HAPPY HOLIDAYS FROM A SURVIVOR

#47 mizscarlett43

mizscarlett43

Bitch Emeritus

• Members
  • 5,774 posts
  • Interests:Politics; History (Medieval English, Victorian English and American, esp. William Bonney/Lincoln County War); Permaculture; Mexican and Moroccan Folk Art and Vernacular Architecture

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:25 PM

Keith Moon BriN jONES...you forget the drummer of Led Zeppilin...John Bohman...can we just climb in bed now?I'm tired.

I didn't know John Bonham OR Keith Moon (neither did Salli as far as I'm aware) so why would their names even come up in this conversation?

#48 mizscarlett43

mizscarlett43

Bitch Emeritus

• Members
  • 5,774 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:39 PM

Posted Image

He's just so damned cool. Such a great guy--and he's been with the same woman (Patti Hansen-- or Hanson?) for how many thousands of years now? Such a contrast to that chinzy little creep Mick. Still can't believe that pig tried to have his marriage to Jerry Hall declared null and void (and their children illegitimate) just so he could get out of paying spousal and child support while he screwed around with a selection of younger and younger bimbos.

#49 Texasky

Texasky

• Members
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:12 PM

Jerry and her sisters are from Mesquite, Texas. When we moved back here in 1961 we moved to Mesquite and my folks bought my first horse from Samuel Langley who owned and ran Langley Stables. Jerry's sister Cyndy owned a horse and we all rode in the grand entry of the Mesquite Rodeo which was a big deal in those days. We all wore the regulation clothes of a long sleeve white western shirt, black jeans with a western black belt and blue chaps with a circle wrapped around the letter L. It was what people did back then on Saturday evening...go to the Mesquite rodeo. Mesquite was mostly pasture and little homes back then...very country...cowboys and truck drivers.

I don't remember Jerry, Jerry would have been a child but I do remember her sister Cyndy....she was tough...physically and mentally but quite friendly and so down to earth. She won buckles and saddles on the rodeo circuit. Mesquite in those days was a Stand By Your Man town. For fun people got drunk and shot guns in their back yard and then went to the rodeo. Well, coming out of that town Jerry had to have something like her sister, .,,,but she took so much abuse from Mick. When she met Mick he was into drugs and married to Bianca. When he started to live with Jerry he gave up drugs ...she gave him stability and in her autobiography she states she hated drugs and didn't want anything to do with them. She was the best thing to happen to him, they had 4 children and he threw it all away getting that South American model pregnant. She was with him..what 26 years....she held that together while he ran around on her with numerous women but getting the model pregnant was the straw that did it all in.
She has moved on to bigger and better things. She use to have ranch out by Lake Tawakoni just east of Dallas and bring her children out to get a feel for her Texas roots. If anyone is interested it is a fun autobiography to read.

Edited by Texasky, 27 December 2012 - 06:13 PM.

#50 Texasky

Texasky

• Members
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:28 PM

He's just so damned cool. Such a great guy--and he's been with the same woman (Patti Hansen-- or Hanson?) for how many thousands of years now? Such a contrast to that chinzy little creep Mick. Still can't believe that pig tried to have his marriage to Jerry Hall declared null and void (and their children illegitimate) just so he could get out of paying spousal and child support while he screwed around with a selection of younger and younger bimbos.

I truly believe that if Keith had stayed with Anita Pallenburg, he might not still be around.....lord! They had the common bond of heroin when he was with her. Anita was a beautiful woman at one time but today she could be the poster child for drug abuse. It is alarming to see her now. Possibly Patti like Jerry got Keith off drugs and gave him a much needed stable and happy life.

#51 Encuentro

Encuentro

• Members
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:11 AM

Posted Image

He looks like he could be Johnny Depp's father. :)

#52 mizscarlett43

mizscarlett43

Bitch Emeritus

• Members
  • 5,774 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:17 AM

He pretty much IS, these days, from what I've read. He and Depp are pretty tight, though I don't remember how that came about.

#53 Encuentro

Encuentro

• Members
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:38 AM

He pretty much IS, these days, from what I've read. He and Depp are pretty tight, though I don't remember how that came about.

I don't know either, but, as you may know, Depp modeled Capt. Jack Sparrow on Keith, and Keith had a cameo in Pirates 3 playing Capt. Jack's father.

Edited by Encuentro, 28 December 2012 - 03:39 AM.

#54 StupidGirl

StupidGirl

• Banned
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:00 AM

I didn't know John Bonham OR Keith Moon (neither did Salli as far as I'm aware) so why would their names even come up in this conversation?

I don't know Sally; and I'm not a name dropper; someone brought up these names...rewind hon nee.

#55 StupidGirl

StupidGirl

• Banned
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:03 AM

I don't know either, but, as you may know, Depp modeled Capt. Jack Sparrow on Keith, and Keith had a cameo in Pirates 3 playing Capt. Jack's father.

So, not to shake things up too much for you old timers: who wrote all the lyrics? Keith Richards or Mick Jagger? My all time fav is "Memory Motel"...or maybe "Melody".

#56 StupidGirl

StupidGirl

• Banned
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:05 AM

I think when Keith Richards fell outta some fuvkin' coconut tree, Johnny took him to hospital.
;)

#57 StupidGirl

StupidGirl

• Banned
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:13 AM

So, like did you see him on the new york/new fuvkin' jersey relief show?Who says 70 year olds can't rock? George Harrison said it best: age is a state of mind.

#58 Encuentro

Encuentro

• Members
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:39 PM

So, like did you see him on the new york/new fuvkin' jersey relief show?Who says 70 year olds can't rock? George Harrison said it best: age is a state of mind.

No. I missed it. I was working that night. I saw Paul McCartney perform with the members of Nirvana on YouTube. He's 70 too, and he rocked! I'm a hardcore Beatles fan, but only a very casual Rolling Stones fan. I have some of the Stones' albums on my iPod. In fact, I was listening to some of their music when I was trapped in a Detroit airport a couple of nights ago. They're OK, but they're not in the same league as The Doors and The Beatles as far as I'm concerned.

#59 mizscarlett43

mizscarlett43

Bitch Emeritus

• Members
  • 5,774 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:02 PM

So, not to shake things up too much for you old timers: who wrote all the lyrics? Keith Richards or Mick Jagger? My all time fav is "Memory Motel"...or maybe "Melody".

Are you sure you're not thinking of Moonlight Mile from the Sticky Fingers album (1971)? That song is one of my all-time favorites.

As for the lyrics, I think the Glimmer Twins (Mick & Keith) collaborated on most of them.

Edited by mizscarlett43, 28 December 2012 - 10:04 PM.

#60 StupidGirl

StupidGirl

• Banned
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:40 AM

I think when Keith Richards fell outta some fuvkin' coconut tree, Johnny took him to hospital.
;)

Are you sure you're not thinking of Moonlight Mile from the Sticky Fingers album (1971)? That song is one of my all-time favorites.

As for the lyrics, I think the Glimmer Twins (Mick & Keith) collaborated on most of them.

Most definitely thinkin' on the black and blue album.....memory motel and melody...glimmer twins?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users