65 replies to this topic

#1 manhime

manhime

• Members
  • 890 posts
  • Interests:Peppermint Girl's

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:31 PM

What if Themis was left open?

I understand that Themis was a money loser for Jim. A time waster for Pam.

What if Pam lived and kept Themis open? Would it turn into a Jim Shrine. 10's of thousands flocking there. I would think it would of became a huge money maker.

or

What if Pam turned Themis into a bar? Keeping Jim's office area upstairs for people to look at.

Thousands of fans go to Jims grave and the doors old office to find out Jim's roots. Not to mention Love street.

I understand that Jim unloaded it for nothing to friends or was it a sister in-law.

The location is great for doors fans. Maybe even a museum.of the doors?

Themis could of rose from the ashes. imo

#2 Hamlet

Hamlet

• Members
  • 2,956 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:34 PM

Ha ha ha!
we´s just joy-ridin´

#3 manhime

manhime

• Members
  • 890 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:26 AM

Ha ha ha!

What was the joke?

#4 StupidGirl

StupidGirl

• Banned
  • 2,835 posts
  • Interests:the truth...for it can be adjusted.....

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:40 AM

Themis,Pam's vintage/hippie clothing store would be on the fuvkin' Hollywood tour guide...that's what.

#5 queenhwy

queenhwy

• Members
  • 2,146 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:14 PM

Themis,Pam's vintage/hippie clothing store would be on the fuvkin' Hollywood tour guide...that's what.

It's on the Doors tour. It's now a rug store. It's right around the corner to the Doors workshop. It's on La Cienega blvd.

I think Themis was more of a drain on Jim Morrisons bottom line. That is probably why they decided to close the shop. If it was successful it would have stayed open, or they could've sold it. It was a good idea, and I'm sure a tax write off, but not enough to stay open. Running a small business is hard work!

The future's uncertain
And the end is always near.

#6 StupidGirl

StupidGirl

• Banned
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:49 AM

it's on the tour guide of Los Angeles?

#7 StupidGirl

StupidGirl

• Banned
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:35 AM

gotta go... i'm tired now.

#8 dwfree1

dwfree1

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:Lived in L.A. for 25 years, Danny Sugerman and I were the best of friends. Danny and I would thumb up to The Doors office after school. 8512 S.M. blvd this was in 1970.

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:19 PM

I went there a couple of times with Danny S. it was a small shop. One time Jim setting in the back and Pam running around doing things. Back then it was like any hippie shop incense burning, wall's had cloth on them. Pam was always nice to us Danny knew her I didn't.

#9 flashing bliss

flashing bliss

FB

• Members
  • 785 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:35 PM

Hi DW, thanks for sharing and welcome back. I've enjoyed reading the back-threads on this forum of your times in 60's LA, so any other memories you have would be a delight for me and plenty of others.
Flash

#10 dwfree1

dwfree1

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:Lived in L.A. for 25 years, Danny Sugerman and I were the best of friends. Danny and I would thumb up to The Doors office after school. 8512 S.M. blvd this was in 1970.

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:11 PM

When I started going up to the office (Doors) with Danny, it was right when "Morrison Hotel" came out. I went to my first Doors concert with Danny 2/7/70, they played at the Long Beach Arena. I remember that because it was my first date in high school with my new girlfriend. Danny and his date Kim and my girl Debbie had the best seats, four front row and center seats. Jim was late for the show, he pulled up in back in a cab. Danny and I did the fliers for the concert up and down Sunset and all over. We had to be about sixteen years old at the time. I could go on, but I'm not much of a writer as you can see. Thanks, David

#11 manhime

manhime

• Members
  • 890 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:05 AM

When I started going up to the office (Doors) with Danny, it was right when "Morrison Hotel" came out. I went to my first Doors concert with Danny 2/7/70, they played at the Long Beach Arena. I remember that because it was my first date in high school with my new girlfriend. Danny and his date Kim and my girl Debbie had the best seats, four front row and center seats. Jim was late for the show, he pulled up in back in a cab. Danny and I did the fliers for the concert up and down Sunset and all over. We had to be about sixteen years old at the time. I could go on, but I'm not much of a writer as you can see. Thanks, David

How would you rate Pam's level of intelligence? The movie called her an ornament. To me on that one interview I heard her. She sounded intelligent.

Also it has been said on here that DANNY really was not friends with Jim. You can please tell us the truth.

#12 queenhwy

queenhwy

• Members
  • 2,146 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:13 AM

How would you rate Pam's level of intelligence? The movie called her an ornament. To me on that one interview I heard her. She sounded intelligent.

Also it has been said on here that DANNY really was not friends with Jim. You can please tell us the truth.

Good question regarding Jim and Danny's friendship.

I hope you do tell us more! We need more stories! :)
The future's uncertain

#13 *~adrienne~*

*~adrienne~*

• Members
  • 339 posts
  • Interests:Sirius XMU, books on bands from the late 60s/70s & non-fiction, Netflix (mostly horror films in my queue), art galleries, concerts, coffee, sugar free red bull and any combination of chocolate and peanut butter.

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:00 AM

Where did you hear Pam's voice?
"Instant gratification takes too long!"
-Carrie Fisher

#14 StupidGirl

StupidGirl

• Banned
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:37 AM

huh, what's your name?free, so like, how old were you & Danny Sugarman to be appointed.... huh, something, and to sneak in concerts with practically front row seats?Did you remember to bring the slow gin?

#15 queenhwy

queenhwy

• Members
  • 2,146 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:06 PM

Where did you hear Pam's voice?

If you look on YouTube, Ben Fong Torres of Rolling Stone did an interview with Jim Morrison at the Norton Ave. house. You can hear Pam talk to him and Jim.

She had a very sweet, soft spoken voice.
The future's uncertain

#16 Hamlet

Hamlet

• Members
  • 2,956 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:32 PM

I think she is high on that interview!
we´s just joy-ridin´

#17 manhime

manhime

• Members
  • 890 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:45 PM

If you look on YouTube, Ben Fong Torres of Rolling Stone did an interview with Jim Morrison at the Norton Ave. house. You can hear Pam talk to him and Jim.

She had a very sweet, soft spoken voice.

Yes that's the one. He ordered GIN and Chips lol I do not think any liquor store today does delivery's lol

#18 flashing bliss

flashing bliss

FB

• Members
  • 785 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:22 PM

Nice one. Needless to say, I wish it had been me. Morrison Hotel was always the album said to be the best round here at the turn of the 80s - not sure why but maybe we only latched on to the Doors at the third album and the crowd I was with preferred guitar orientated music.

I suppose Bill Siddons asked you to do the fliers - did you do any other jobs of errands for The Doors? Many thanks for the memories.
Flash

#19 dwfree1

dwfree1

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:02 PM

This is so true I knew Danny better than anyone growing up. I said this once before that Danny DIDN"T know Jim as Danny writes about. I had members from this site freaking out and saying it was B.S. One thing is for sure you will never see a photo of Jim and Danny taken together. If they where that close you would think there would be many. Danny was a good friend and yes we would go up to The Doors office see the guys talk to Bill S. and do the scrapbook. We would put up fliers for concerts and hang out some. Remember Danny was writing a book some true a lot not.

#20 dwfree1

dwfree1

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:23 PM

Nice one. Needless to say, I wish it had been me. Morrison Hotel was always the album said to be the best round here at the turn of the 80s - not sure why but maybe we only latched on to the Doors at the third album and the crowd I was with preferred guitar orientated music.

I suppose Bill Siddons asked you to do the fliers - did you do any other jobs of errands for The Doors? Many thanks for the memories.

I can't remember now, but I'm sure it was Bill that got us the tickets. What's funny is that I knew Bill's wife Cheri before he did. Talk about a small world, Cheri was a airline stewardess for Continental airlines in 1967. Cheri lived with two other girls who worked for the airlines, we all lived in Playa Del Rey (not together). Danny and I did the scrapbook together and open a lot of fan mail and yes all kinds of letters and things. We didn't drive so didn't do much on errands unless it was in walking distance. Thanks time for work, David

Edited by dwfree1, 30 March 2013 - 11:50 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users