#22 Texasky

Texasky

• Members
  • 1,100 posts
  • Interests:European History, Riding horses, Poetry, listening to the Wind

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:23 PM

Hi Statue, chainmail is medieval armour:-

Posted Image

But I think he's referring to a chain-email which no one else here has claimed to have received even though Hamlet has said it's been circulation several weeks. It may be a joke.

I think it is putting on the dog again, in fact here it is. Cute dog!

Had not heard this word before on the board ... chainmail.....there really is a word. Looks like this chainmail could start a whole new trend in the dog world.

Flashing, I am laughing over the picture for the play of the expression, thanks for finding it!

Edited by Texasky, 19 March 2013 - 11:27 PM.

HE COURTED DEATH LIKE IT WAS A DARK ELUSIVE SWEETHEART

#23 Texasky

Texasky

• Members
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:53 PM

The new community is full of people who aren't as intelligent Doors-wise [and I'm just generalizing], so the conversations aren't as good as they are here. It's a real shame. Why couldn't the Doors have revamped this forum and promoted it as a new community rather than creating an imitation twittershpere? Discussions can't function in that medium, they can't go in-depth. That community is good for little soundbites of info, but threads don't bump up if people comment on it, so after awhile I'd imagine it'd become extremely difficult to find threads and continue their conversations. It's a real shame. I doubt this forum will get any new members because everyone now considers that community to be the penultimate Doors forum.... really a shame.

Is there anyway to mention the message board on the community board? There must be people who would be thrilled to find this board since there is no real substance to the comments on the community board. What do you think?

#24 queenhwy

queenhwy

• Members
  • 2,146 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:19 PM

Is there anyway to mention the message board on the community board? There must be people who would be thrilled to find this board since there is no real substance to the comments on the community board. What do you think?

Hi texasky, hope you are doing well!

I mentioned on the new community about this board. One person said it looked cool, and I think they posted the link. There was no real interest. The forums over there move quickly, so it can get missed. Honestly, I don't think they care over there. They seem to like the new, modern forum. Plus, if the mods really wanted to they could put a link to this one, but they might be run by two different companies. My opionion is if they wanted this forum to thrive they'd link it. They don't want to, they want to let this die.

Like I said before regarding this forum and hamlets chain email...c'est le vie!
The future's uncertain
And the end is always near.

#25 Hamlet

Hamlet

• Members
  • 2,956 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:05 PM

The chainmail is not my creation.- I

I have received a code to this new forum.

You can find it on the internet w/ a clock ticking down. That´s why I think this forum will last max now 29 days.

I don´t know who is behind.

The mail simply said: "We like your posts on the old forum, and you are invited to the new Doors forum." It looks very professional.

I just thought everyone had received it. Or maybe they won´t say.
we´s just joy-ridin´

#26 queenhwy

queenhwy

• Members
  • 2,146 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:42 PM

The chainmail is not my creation.- I

I have received a code to this new forum.

You can find it on the internet w/ a clock ticking down. That´s why I think this forum will last max now 29 days.

I don´t know who is behind.

The mail simply said: "We like your posts on the old forum, and you are invited to the new Doors forum." It looks very professional.

I just thought everyone had received it. Or maybe they won´t say.

The Internet clock stuff sounds like a crock of shit, sorry to say!

I received an email from the Doors saying to check out the new site and new community. That was sent to anyone who signed up for emails from the Doors. No code was given. I still have the email in my inbox. And besides, anyone can join the new forum. There is no secret to it. There is no Doors secret society. And if there is Jim Morrison better be alive and well and the president of it, then I'll join!
The future's uncertain
And the end is always near.

#27 Alexander

Alexander

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:29 PM

It seems like the site managers didn't really care about this forum for a long time.. I tried to join over the summer and had to go way out of my way to find it. Then there's also that thread posted by the admins at the top of this forum sort of chiding everyone for negativity. I feel like they've wanted this gone for awhile. But I love it. A lot of really interesting topics posted by people who really know what they're talking about concerning The Doors... the other community, is well, let's it put it this way, I saw a thread talking about how much people enjoyed the Oliver Stone movie....

#28 jlo

jlo

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:52 PM

hey flashing bliss...you pulled the ol' switcheroo... :lol:

Hi texasky, hope you are doing well!

I mentioned on the new community about this board. One person said it looked cool, and I think they posted the link. There was no real interest. The forums over there move quickly, so it can get missed. Honestly, I don't think they care over there. They seem to like the new, modern forum. Plus, if the mods really wanted to they could put a link to this one, but they might be run by two different companies. My opionion is if they wanted this forum to thrive they'd link it. They don't want to, they want to let this die.

Like I said before regarding this forum and hamlets chain email...c'est le vie!

texasky, i saw queenhwy's post about this board. think of that board as twitter / intagram / facebook all rolled into one. in my humble opinion, there is no interest in having a conversation, it's just the instant communication thing that everyone is involved in now, just doors & jim centric. i try to embrace the community, but there is nothing new there. and, i think that if you guys who knew jim went over there to post, like queenhwy said, whatever you posted would get lost because it's onto the next bad drawing (sorry) or stupid comment about drinking beer or whisky.

here at least, there is an opportunity for people interested in more than some other fan's random thoughts to actually talk and learn something new.

and regarding that 'chainmail' has anyone else but hamlet received it? i'm no shakespeare, but something's rotten in the state of denmark...

Edited by jlo, 19 March 2013 - 11:53 PM.

...no time to wallow in the mire...

#29 Texasky

Texasky

• Members
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:18 AM

It seems like the site managers didn't really care about this forum for a long time.. I tried to join over the summer and had to go way out of my way to find it. Then there's also that thread posted by the admins at the top of this forum sort of chiding everyone for negativity. I feel like they've wanted this gone for awhile. But I love it. A lot of really interesting topics posted by people who really know what they're talking about concerning The Doors... the other community, is well, let's it put it this way, I saw a thread talking about how much people enjoyed the Oliver Stone movie....

Thanks for your post........the thing is, how does anyone find this message board? When I google The Doors/Musical Group, or The Doors/ or Jim Morrison/ this board does not appear. Unless I specifically type in Doors Message Board, it doesn't come up. I was sent an email back in 2003 about this message board or I would not have known about it.

You brought up a good point about the administration posting how they feel about the negativity on the board. And possibly because that has been on the board off and on they are wanting to wash their hands of this board. Why else is there such apathy from the moderators? I have talked with people who use to be here and have left simply because there was so much fighting. You know that goes nowhere. Debating is great and needed but to actually attack or put someone down is pointless. And then learning and communal spirit goes out the window with good posters leaving. There is absolutely nothing to gain by that.

Talking about the enjoyment of the Oliver Stone movie on the community board.....big groan. I would imagine that would be a hot topic for the community visitors. Welcome to fantasy island!

#30 StupidGirl

StupidGirl

• Banned
  • 2,835 posts
  • Interests:the truth...for it can be adjusted.....

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:02 AM

I'm under the same screen name in both forums. I check in once a day to see what's new. I actually have people "following" me! As if I am important! I meant that sarcastically!

It has its moments with fans. Lots of drawings of Jim and hero worship. I get the hero worship, but not the drawings. I did that when I was in middle school. Anyhoo, it does have vast amounts as Miz stated above of pics, articles, etc. So it is worth checking out.

I'm okay if this closes. I think there are only like 12 of us who post consistently. It is life, all good things come to an end. As long as the board gets archived for future reading I'm okay with it.

And no, I didn't get the chain mail email. :wacko:

don't start to fret yet, chain mails have ruined my sex life. *are they gonna archive that comment?*

#31 StupidGirl

StupidGirl

• Banned
  • 2,835 posts
  • Interests:the truth...for it can be adjusted.....

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:06 AM

I think it is putting on the dog again, in fact here it is. Cute dog!

Had not heard this word before on the board ... chainmail.....there really is a word. Looks like this chainmail could start a whole new trend in the dog world.

Flashing, I am laughing over the picture for the play of the expression, thanks for finding it!

k, so be corny while this may all disappear... amour... game of thrones... and if we're still here, as David promised, we have nothing to fear... except home invasions and losin' our minds and Mizz Scarlett being "elected" new administrator....

#32 flashing bliss

flashing bliss

FB

• Members
  • 785 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:08 PM

Thanks for your post........the thing is, how does anyone find this message board? When I google The Doors/Musical Group, or The Doors/ or Jim Morrison/ this board does not appear. Unless I specifically type in Doors Message Board, it doesn't come up. I was sent an email back in 2003 about this message board or I would not have known about it......................

One way of opposing the official apathy and getting this forum known would be by the strategic posting links in social media. I was reading a thread called 'The Count' the other day and not so long ago, the crucial information in there would not have been widely known.

Mention of such threads EG. on a dedicated Doors Facebook timeline could go viral. That would, in turn, increase the numbers wishing to join and that in turn would be an elbow in the ribs to management.

As someone has pointed out, there are more dollars in the youth market. The older generation is likely to already own an extensive back catalogue and my merchandise has increased in recent years more due to Christmas/birthday gifts.

I'm a bit cynical and wonder if a forum like this is deemed to actually detract from spending on merchandise. Love my latest t-shirt though :)
Flash

#33 Texasky

Texasky

• Members
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:29 PM

I'm with you, Adri, but remember that Dave promised (at least I think he promised) that as long as we keep this board active and vital, it will stay.

Incidentally, I've been checking the "Community" forum on the new Doors' website, and it's nothing like this. Only a couple of people from this board have registered and are posting there (unless some are doing it under new screennames?) and there are no real discussions, no separate forums for different topics, etc. Also, the people posting there seem to be very, very young for the most part, and none of them seem to be aware of this site. My guess is that they have mostly migrated from The Doors' Facebook page.

I'm afraid there's going to be a lot of valuable information lost if we lose this site, information and comments from people who were around back in the day and who knew Jim and other musicians/personalities from the late 60s/early 70s to one degree or another, people like Salli Stevenson, Sally Stevens (Mews), Candice Evans (Tex), Psychic Linda, Annie M. and even yours truly.

OTOH I'm very happy to see the many, many photographs of The Doors collectively and Jim individually, as well as the enormous (and still growing) library of Doors/Jim articles and other items, but once you've spent a few hours prowling through those there doesn't seem to be much else to hold one's interest for very long. Aside from checking back from time to time to see what's new, I can't see spending a lot of time on the new site.

Hi Janet,

There are so many pictures that keep showing up that are new to me. I subscribe to something called the Doors Portal and I wonder who runs it with so many new pictures coming forth?

Anyway, I wanted to ask you about Psychic Linda and Annie M. Did either of these women know Jim and have personal stories of their time with him?
Wasn't Annie M an attorney? I vaguely remember them.

#34 Hamlet

Hamlet

• Members
  • 2,956 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:14 PM

The Internet clock stuff sounds like a crock of shit, sorry to say!

I received an email from the Doors saying to check out the new site and new community. That was sent to anyone who signed up for emails from the Doors. No code was given. I still have the email in my inbox. And besides, anyone can join the new forum. There is no secret to it. There is no Doors secret society. And if there is Jim Morrison better be alive and well and the president of it, then I'll join!

Sour grapes, eh?
we´s just joy-ridin´

#35 Hamlet

Hamlet

• Members
  • 2,956 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:15 PM

Why would The Doors want to pour money into this forum, when a brand new has begun?
we´s just joy-ridin´

#36 mizscarlett43

mizscarlett43

Bitch Emeritus

• Members
  • 5,774 posts
  • Interests:Politics; History (Medieval English, Victorian English and American, esp. William Bonney/Lincoln County War); Permaculture; Mexican and Moroccan Folk Art and Vernacular Architecture

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:19 PM

Hi Janet,

There are so many pictures that keep showing up that are new to me. I subscribe to something called the Doors Portal and I wonder who runs it with so many new pictures coming forth?

Anyway, I wanted to ask you about Psychic Linda and Annie M. Did either of these women know Jim and have personal stories of their time with him?
Wasn't Annie M an attorney? I vaguely remember them.

Yes, I think Annie M. is an attorney, but neither she nor Linda have ever said much beyond the simple fact that they knew Jim. At least Annie hasn't, though I believe Linda has said she had an uncle or other relative in the music business and met Jim that way.

But c'mon--since Annie is now using a 1969 photo as her avatar, can anyone really, seriously doubt that beautiful woman had a relationship with Jim?

Please... :lol:

PS: Please understand that last sentence is not aimed at you, Tex, but I suspect you've already figured that out. ;)

Edited by mizscarlett43, 20 March 2013 - 05:34 PM.

I still believe in the Cosmic Giggle, even if Rolling Stone doesn't any more.

#37 mizscarlett43

mizscarlett43

Bitch Emeritus

• Members
  • 5,774 posts
  • Interests:Politics; History (Medieval English, Victorian English and American, esp. William Bonney/Lincoln County War); Permaculture; Mexican and Moroccan Folk Art and Vernacular Architecture

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:44 PM

Why would The Doors want to pour money into this forum, when a brand new has begun?

Of course they wouldn't, but we would. Feel free to exit this forum, Hambone, while those of us who aren't teeny boppers posting nothing but vapid one-liners try to save it. We'd even be glad to keep you, but be aware that your many purely inflammatory posts would be nuked without comment. You yourself, OTOH, would not. You might be made to go sit in the corner for awhile, though... B)

#38 Hamlet

Hamlet

• Members
  • 2,956 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:52 PM

You"re the one who was banned from the densmore forum b/c ypu made one too many of your post about knowing Jim and you got caught with your knickers down.
we´s just joy-ridin´

#39 mizscarlett43

mizscarlett43

Bitch Emeritus

• Members
  • 5,774 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:06 PM

You"re the one who was banned from the densmore forum b/c ypu made one too many of your post about knowing Jim and you got caught with your knickers down.

Yes I was banned--and so was Salli. How do you explain that?

#40 Hamlet

Hamlet

• Members
  • 2,956 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:15 PM

You always drag Salli into your problems. Some people do that, others don"t.
we´s just joy-ridin´

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users