Photo

Jim/Satan Worship?

28 replies to this topic

#1 *~adrienne~*

*~adrienne~*

• Members
  • 339 posts
  • Interests:Sirius XMU, books on bands from the late 60s/70s & non-fiction, Netflix (mostly horror films in my queue), art galleries, concerts, coffee, sugar free red bull and any combination of chocolate and peanut butter.

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:05 AM

So I know back in the day it was rampant in the 60s around SoCal...did Jim ever dabble in this? Just curious...
"Instant gratification takes too long!"
-Carrie Fisher

#2 StupidGirl

StupidGirl

• Banned
  • 2,835 posts
  • Interests:the truth...for it can be adjusted.....

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:17 AM

Adrienne, I have no idea...think he was too interested in books,music,and hole in the wall bars w/pool tables.Ask Mizz Scarlett.

#3 Texasky

Texasky

• Members
  • 1,100 posts
  • Interests:European History, Riding horses, Poetry, listening to the Wind

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:30 PM

Adrienne.........NO! I am really laughing at this//// :D

Jim was one of the most spiritually advanced people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting.

The sixties was certainly a time of exploration though. I never knew anyone personally who had an attraction to that ...but I use to hear that Led Zeppelin was into the black arts and I know that is now even on the internet, easy to find and read about.
HE COURTED DEATH LIKE IT WAS A DARK ELUSIVE SWEETHEART

#4 *~adrienne~*

*~adrienne~*

• Members
  • 339 posts
  • Interests:Sirius XMU, books on bands from the late 60s/70s & non-fiction, Netflix (mostly horror films in my queue), art galleries, concerts, coffee, sugar free red bull and any combination of chocolate and peanut butter.

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:55 PM

Candy, I know I'm laughing too LOL...I was just curious because I was reading on the internet about so many people who dabbled in that stuff back in the day...Led Zep sure but even others I hadn't really known about...I always thought of Jim as a good old southern boy...I know I'm kinda laughing at myself now too LOL...
-Carrie Fisher

#5 Texasky

Texasky

• Members
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:06 AM

Candy, I know I'm laughing too LOL...I was just curious because I was reading on the internet about so many people who dabbled in that stuff back in the day...Led Zep sure but even others I hadn't really known about...I always thought of Jim as a good old southern boy...I know I'm kinda laughing at myself now too LOL...

It certainly was a time of investigating many things that had been hidden or forbidden. I think the unknown was beckoning to all of us in some way or another. Jim was a realist in a rather idealistic way. Looking into the darker side was rather forboding in the peace, love era of the sixties. The Doors were an entirely different set of people, and especially Jim. He was well read, and he understood things from that point of view. Hense, the dark poet.

Did you know that John Densmore wil be coming to Portland on his book tour....

May 19 – 3pm - Music Millennium, 3158 E. Burnside, Portland, OR

#6 manhime

manhime

• Members
  • 890 posts
  • Interests:Peppermint Girl's

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:01 AM

It certainly was a time of investigating many things that had been hidden or forbidden. I think the unknown was beckoning to all of us in some way or another. Jim was a realist in a rather idealistic way. Looking into the darker side was rather forboding in the peace, love era of the sixties. The Doors were an entirely different set of people, and especially Jim. He was well read, and he understood things from that point of view. Hense, the dark poet.

Did you know that John Densmore wil be coming to Portland on his book tour....

May 19 – 3pm - Music Millennium, 3158 E. Burnside, Portland, OR

Is that the only place he is going? Can someone ask him about the Paris tapes?

Edited by manhime, 08 April 2013 - 02:01 AM.

#7 queenhwy

queenhwy

• Members
  • 2,146 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:05 AM

They usually don't let you spend any time with the artist. It's sign the book and you're pushed off. You may get a photo, but it's strictly business.

He's coming to Boston, but I don't plan to go. I'm not dealing with city traffic and no parking.
The future's uncertain
And the end is always near.

#8 *~adrienne~*

*~adrienne~*

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:31 AM

Candy I haven't pre-ordered the book yet just been busy but anyway I marked it on facebook that I'm going and on music millenium's page it says:
"Stop by the store and pre-order 'The Doors: Unhinged' for guaranteed admission to the book signing, plus you will get one of only 2500 limited edition hardback copies of the book!
ONE OF ONLY FOURTEEN SIGNINGS IN THE COUNTRY!
DENSMORE WILL SIGN 1 ADDITIONAL ITEM WITH PURCHASE OF THE BOOK
... HARDCOVER VERSION AVAILABLE EXCLUSIVELY AT INDIE STORES!"
Anyway it's a Sunday so I'm definately gonna go I can't wait! Plus I live right near that store...also interesting to note right around the corner is The Oregon Meditation Center http://www.dimcor.org/ I wonder if he's aware of that...also a lot of the houses in Portland are bungalows...it's a cool little area...

Edited by *~adrienne~*, 08 April 2013 - 02:33 AM.

-Carrie Fisher

#9 Texasky

Texasky

• Members
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:33 PM

Here is John's book touring schedule:

April
21 -- TBA, Boston, Mass.
22 -- Record Archive, Rochester, N.Y.
23 -- Vintage Vinyl, Fords, N.J.

May
2 -- The Sound Garden, Baltimore, Md.
6 -- Criminal Records, Atlanta, Ga.
7 -- Waterloo Records, Austin, Tx.
15 -- Independent, Denver, Colo.
16 -- Dimple Records, Sacramento, Calif.
17 -- Rasputin, San Francisco, Calif.
18 --Silver Platters and Elliot Bay Books (tentative), Seattle, Wash.
19 -- Music Millennium, Portland, Ore.
25 -- Fingerprints, Longbeach, Ca

#10 Texasky

Texasky

• Members
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:47 PM

Candy I haven't pre-ordered the book yet just been busy but anyway I marked it on facebook that I'm going and on music millenium's page it says:
"Stop by the store and pre-order 'The Doors: Unhinged' for guaranteed admission to the book signing, plus you will get one of only 2500 limited edition hardback copies of the book!
ONE OF ONLY FOURTEEN SIGNINGS IN THE COUNTRY!
DENSMORE WILL SIGN 1 ADDITIONAL ITEM WITH PURCHASE OF THE BOOK
... HARDCOVER VERSION AVAILABLE EXCLUSIVELY AT INDIE STORES!"
Anyway it's a Sunday so I'm definately gonna go I can't wait! Plus I live right near that store...also interesting to note right around the corner is The Oregon Meditation Center http://www.dimcor.org/ I wonder if he's aware of that...also a lot of the houses in Portland are bungalows...it's a cool little area...

Oh, I wish he were coming to Dallas but his only stop in Texas is Austin and it is on a Tuesday.

Adrienne, please talk to him and thank for him for his hard earned money that supports the message board.

#11 Texasky

Texasky

• Members
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:10 PM

Manhime,

I put John's book tour schedule on here #9 on this topic. Perhaps someone you know on the board will be going to his book signing and ask him about the Paris tapes.

#12 flashing bliss

flashing bliss

FB

• Members
  • 785 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:04 PM

........................Adrienne, please talk to him and thank for him for his hard earned money that supports the message board.

Good idea. Even better he can pool a few dimes by re-merging this forum with his and the Krieger + Manzarek ones.
Flash

#13 Texasky

Texasky

• Members
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:50 PM

Good idea. Even better he can pool a few dimes by re-merging this forum with his and the Krieger + Manzarek ones.

Flashing, you need to fly over here and get to talking to John about that very idea. You'd get that moving I am sure!

Any chances you will be dropping by within the next two months? You could fly into Dallas, stay at my house, rent a car and head down to Austin....you are invited now.

#14 queenhwy

queenhwy

• Members
  • 2,146 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:25 PM

Flashing, you need to fly over here and get to talking to John about that very idea. You'd get that moving I am sure!

Any chances you will be dropping by within the next two months? You could fly into Dallas, stay at my house, rent a car and head down to Austin....you are invited now.

I wanna come to Texas! :) :) :)
The future's uncertain
And the end is always near.

#15 *~adrienne~*

*~adrienne~*

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:23 AM

Why can't we all meet up someday? We'd all have a freaking blast!
-Carrie Fisher

#16 StupidGirl

StupidGirl

• Banned
  • 2,835 posts
  • Interests:the truth...for it can be adjusted.....

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:03 AM

Adrienne, because,*Texas is too hot & always a hurricane threat*....listenin', Queen of the Highway? And, because, it's all an illusion...and, I like it that way.Hey, you've been very sweet & polite in case they close this down.

#17 mina

mina

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:43 AM

That would be great!!! But I live in Europe...... Are there many Europeans here, we could have our own meeting?! Or if there would be cheap flight, I'd come to US. Jim and Satan.... LOL from here too.

#18 Texasky

Texasky

• Members
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:53 PM

I wanna come to Texas! :) :) :)

Queen, Please come, too! Absolutely!

#19 Texasky

Texasky

• Members
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:58 PM

Adrienne, because,*Texas is too hot & always a hurricane threat*....listenin', Queen of the Highway? And, because, it's all an illusion...and, I like it that way.Hey, you've been very sweet & polite in case they close this down.

It is really nice right now.........70's in the day and 50's at night........but it won't last too much longer......spring and fall in Texas is brief.....along with mild winters. All of the trees are in bloom, and tulips and petunias are in yards and hanging baskets.

Many people leave Texas because they can't manage the heat. The saying here is: Hell could not be any hotter than Texas in the summer....ahhhh...land of the bible belt.....imagine that!

Edited by Texasky, 09 April 2013 - 03:58 PM.

#20 Texasky

Texasky

• Members
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:02 PM

Adrienne, you should have come to the Doorsfest........which was in 2002....in Hollywood. I have great memories of it. We really need another one.
But I doubt Kerry Humphries will put another one together in the US. But he did put one together in July, 2011 in Paris for Jim's 40th anniversary.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users