Photo

Densmore on Jimmy Fallon's show

40 replies to this topic

#1 mizscarlett43

mizscarlett43

Bitch Emeritus

• Members
  • 5,774 posts
  • Interests:Politics; History (Medieval English, Victorian English and American, esp. William Bonney/Lincoln County War); Permaculture; Mexican and Moroccan Folk Art and Vernacular Architecture

Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:15 AM

.... they're doing Roadhouse Blues with Fallon singing--and barely got started before they cut to a commercial. Un-fucking-believable.

Now they're back, no sign of Densmore, just some chick rapper. Such stupifying crap these days...
I still believe in the Cosmic Giggle, even if Rolling Stone doesn't any more.

#2 StupidGirl

StupidGirl

• Banned
  • 2,835 posts
  • Interests:the truth...for it can be adjusted.....

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:47 AM

Mizz Scarlett, missed Jimmy Fallon ... so how come you can cuss and I get banned? well, fuvk me...did you see your baby on piers tonite?

#3 mizscarlett43

mizscarlett43

Bitch Emeritus

• Members
  • 5,774 posts
  • Interests:Politics; History (Medieval English, Victorian English and American, esp. William Bonney/Lincoln County War); Permaculture; Mexican and Moroccan Folk Art and Vernacular Architecture

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:05 AM

Mizz Scarlett, missed Jimmy Fallon ... so how come you can cuss and I get banned? well, fuvk me...did you see your baby on piers tonite?

Piers who? and what "baby" are you talking about?

#4 jymwrite

jymwrite

• Members
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:04 PM

John on the Late Show last night.

JC
Writing Under the Influence of Rock 'n' Roll! Jymsbooks

The Doors Examiner

#5 Texasky

Texasky

• Members
  • 1,100 posts
  • Interests:European History, Riding horses, Poetry, listening to the Wind

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:33 PM

John on the Late Showlast night.

JC

Hey, thanks for the link Jim! It must have been the best thrill for Jimmy to meet John and stand there singing Roadhouse Blues. Maybe the Doors could now have a new singer fill in ever so often.
HE COURTED DEATH LIKE IT WAS A DARK ELUSIVE SWEETHEART

#6 Texasky

Texasky

• Members
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:40 PM

This is Nick Simmons, son of Gene Simmons of Kiss fame. He's young and green but he certainly has the potential.

#7 manhime

manhime

• Members
  • 890 posts
  • Interests:Peppermint Girl's

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:00 PM

This is Nick Simmons, son of Gene Simmons of Kiss fame. He's young and green but he certainly has the potential.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2P5Nrj6kz1w

Yes has a good back tone of his voice. Agreed. Potential

#8 jymwrite

jymwrite

• Members
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:13 PM

Hey, thanks for the link Jim! It must have been the best thrill for Jimmy to meet John and stand there singing Roadhouse Blues. Maybe the Doors could now have a new singer fill in ever so often.

No problemo. I know it's weird but I think Jimmy Fallon did a great job in his Jim Morrison impersonation, it was cool and so obvious a parody, but a fandly one (fan friend combo, is all right to make up a word?) and the Reading Rainbow song was kind of a natural one to do it has a lot of Jim's imagery indians etcetera.

The Doors Examiner

#9 jymwrite

jymwrite

• Members
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:46 PM

John is going to be on the Tavis Smiley Show later this week.

The Doors Examiner

#10 Texasky

Texasky

• Members
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:01 PM

No problemo. I know it's weird but I think Jimmy Fallon did a great job in his Jim Morrison impersonation, it was cool and so obvious a parody, but a fandly one (fan friend combo, is all right to make up a word?) and the Reading Rainbow song was kind of a natural one to do it has a lot of Jim's imagery indians etcetera.

Jimmy's ability to sing as well as he does imitating Jim, just shows how very talented he is. Have you seen him do Neil Young? It's very good too. And he did some other impersonations I can't recall right now.

Didn't John make a positive comment about Jimmy's impersonation of JIm and the retro Doors band? I believe so. Amazing...who ever wrote the music...really brought out the Doors. And surprisingly the words fit so well with the music. I am sure Ray and Robbie would enjoy it just as much.

#11 manhime

manhime

• Members
  • 890 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:42 PM

Jimmy's ability to sing as well as he does imitating Jim, just shows how very talented he is. Have you seen him do Neil Young? It's very good too. And he did some other impersonations I can't recall right now.

Didn't John make a positive comment about Jimmy's impersonation of JIm and the retro Doors band? I believe so. Amazing...who ever wrote the music...really brought out the Doors. And surprisingly the words fit so well with the music. I am sure Ray and Robbie would enjoy it just as much.

I like Jimmy. I also like that he is a huge doors fan. I still think Val sings the best Jim

#12 Texasky

Texasky

• Members
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:15 AM

I like Jimmy. I also like that he is a huge doors fan. I still think Val sings the best Jim

This board is so dead.........

Edited by Texasky, 16 May 2013 - 01:55 PM.

#13 queenhwy

queenhwy

• Members
  • 2,146 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:33 AM

Manhime, please be careful what you say about Val........shhhhhhhhh.........Omelette In A BAG up in Denmark might be lurking....

This board is so dead.........RIP

Yeah, it's a ghost town. I think the new board is down, not sure if they're doing work on it or not. :)
The future's uncertain
And the end is always near.

#14 StupidGirl

StupidGirl

• Banned
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:52 AM

Mizz Scarlett, don't you watch cnn? your baby,your exact words "eye candy"...llcoolj from ncis ring a bell?why the rip, how many people are here?Texasky, thought we were friends??????.

Edited by StupidGirl, 06 May 2013 - 08:31 AM.

#15 StupidGirl

StupidGirl

• Banned
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:30 AM

who's "google" member? welcome... you put me on google? fuvk you. Mizz Scarlett, what is dashboard?

#16 mizscarlett43

mizscarlett43

Bitch Emeritus

• Members
  • 5,774 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:52 AM

Mizz Scarlett, don't you watch cnn? your baby,your exact words "eye candy"...llcoolj from ncis ring a bell?why the rip, how many people are here?Texasky, thought we were friends??????.

SG, I haven't watched CNN since I cancelled cable back in 2008. I only get the broadcast channels now, and that's plenty for me. As for my "baby," and the eye candy thing, I still don't know what you're talking about -- and what has it got to do with LL Cool J and NCIS: L.A.?

#17 manhime

manhime

• Members
  • 890 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:23 PM

Yeah, it's a ghost town. I think the new board is down, not sure if they're doing work on it or not. :)

Can you blame people for calling this place a ghost town? Look at your headless avatar. Scary! :ph34r:

#18 manhime

manhime

• Members
  • 890 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:27 PM

"When I met Hendrix we just talked about the weather. When I met Jim Morrison we sat around looking at girls’ legs and discussing who had the best ass.

------Patti Smith"

I like Patti's Jim stories. I like the buffet story too, Jim was watching her as she was putting food in her purse. He then told her the buffet had great hamburgers too. Jim was such a fun wize guy lol

#19 Shelby68

Shelby68

• Members
  • 927 posts
  • Interests:Music, nature, the getting of wisdom

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:49 AM

Oh, LL Cool J was on the Piers Morgan show along with Eddie Van Halen (who's looking and sounding much better these days, seems like he's got his demons in check). They've done a recording together.

#20 mizscarlett43

mizscarlett43

Bitch Emeritus

• Members
  • 5,774 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:13 PM

Oh, LL Cool J was on the Piers Morgan show along with Eddie Van Halen (who's looking and sounding much better these days, seems like he's got his demons in check). They've done a recording together.

Thanks for the explanation. Looks like LL Cool J has been teaming up with all kinds of people these days--wasn't he on The View* a week or two ago, talking about his collaboration with Brad Paisley or somebody like that?

Well, more power to 'im--as long as it doesn't interfere with his role on my favorite (non-PBS) show. :D

* Actually I believe that was a re-run. TV seasons seem to last about 6 weeks these days, then it's endless re-runs until the next "season" starts.

Edited by mizscarlett43, 16 May 2013 - 07:23 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users