Photo

Would Jim of liked the concept of a DOORS FORUM?

151 replies to this topic

#121 mizscarlett43

mizscarlett43

Bitch Emeritus

• Members
  • 5,774 posts
  • Interests:Politics; History (Medieval English, Victorian English and American, esp. William Bonney/Lincoln County War); Permaculture; Mexican and Moroccan Folk Art and Vernacular Architecture

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:00 AM

You are now going to charge for the ballroom days?

No, not yet. And when I do, it will be just enough to cover the printing costs. Amazon doesn't do that for free, you know, and these days I'm pretty much squeaking by on Social Security--like over 60 % of us "seniors" have to do.

In the meantime, of course, the short (and rather badly edited) version is still available online; it's just that you have to read it online, you can't print out a hard copy to read offline.
I still believe in the Cosmic Giggle, even if Rolling Stone doesn't any more.

#122 manhime

manhime

• Members
  • 890 posts
  • Interests:Peppermint Girl's

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:07 AM

can I make a suggestion. Instead of amazon which most of us can not afford. Why not do it on a free webpage and ask for donations?

Edited by manhime, 05 July 2013 - 05:09 AM.

#123 mizscarlett43

mizscarlett43

Bitch Emeritus

• Members
  • 5,774 posts
  • Interests:Politics; History (Medieval English, Victorian English and American, esp. William Bonney/Lincoln County War); Permaculture; Mexican and Moroccan Folk Art and Vernacular Architecture

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:28 AM

can I make a suggestion. Instead of amazon which most of us can not afford. Why not do it on a free webpage and ask for donations?

Really? I didn't know there was such a thing as free web page. If you can point me in that direction I'll look into it.

I have to confess I've toyed with the idea of setting up my own web page, but it's always seemed kinda vainglorious to me. On the other hand, it would be nice to have Ballroom Days show up along with the writings of nutters like Kennealy and Ashcroft when anyone does a search on Jim's name...

#124 Krammerhead

Krammerhead

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:34 AM

Really? I didn't know there was such a thing as free web page. If you can point me in that direction I'll look into it.

It's been years since I ran a web page, but there are plenty of free ones available.
zazzle.com/KrammersEmporium*

#125 StupidGirl

StupidGirl

• Banned
  • 2,835 posts
  • Interests:the truth...for it can be adjusted.....

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:35 AM

really miz? then why did she post this today? frankly my patience is eroding because of her.

Posted Image

why is there such a meanness on this board? it seems to me the purpose of this board is for discussion. and, when people attempt to have an honest discussion they get put in their place. we don't all have to agree with each other, but, i think we all have to respect one another and that in my humble opinion is lacking.

i have no interest in other people's issues. i have enough of my own. i come here to learn and for my own entertainment. lately it's a chore.

oh, yeah thought I was so naive didn't think you were talkin' about me? I made that statement because 1.men in beards are mad 2.he was a rebel with a beard 3. Paris is where he let loose.Mizz Scarlett, do you magical thing , where you appear when I think you've gone to sleep.Thank you ,,, have a nice 4th of July....*So, ever wonder what it's like, to die on the 3rd of July, and miss the fireworks & celebrations* What did his family do?*His sister comes here?*What did Ray, Robbie & John do on July 4th,1971?*When was his death announced in the newpapers?

#126 mizscarlett43

mizscarlett43

Bitch Emeritus

• Members
  • 5,774 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:38 AM

It's been years since I ran a web page, but there are plenty of free ones available.

Okay, but I'm still kind of unclear on the concept. If the web pages are free, who pays for the bandwidth?

#127 mizscarlett43

mizscarlett43

Bitch Emeritus

• Members
  • 5,774 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:00 AM

Hey Janet? Don't forget the late Bob Chorush who died a little over 2 years ago. He posted some stuff in 2007 regarding the location of the interivew tapes.

Also, I think Tony Funches MAY have posted as well, i can't remember and am too lazy to go thru all the archives. He's a good friend of mine as well. We talk about things like motocycle runs to Escondido and also about his amazing Afro-hair back when he was the "unofficial" Morrison bodyguard.

Yeah, Tony was on here for awhile; so was Leon Barnard. That was back in 2005, when I was computerless, so I heard about it from Salli Stevenson.

As I recall, Leon was essentially hounded off the board by fanatic Kennealy supporter Zaval80, who actually went so far as to call him a faggot. I think that was the story, anyway. As I said, I was computerless at the time. I'd do a search, but I think stuff that old has long since been archived.

Anyway, please ask Tony to get his arse back on this board. We need him!

#128 Hamlet

Hamlet

• Members
  • 2,956 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:16 AM

Okay, but I'm still kind of unclear on the concept. If the web pages are free, who pays for the bandwidth?

er...you do, genius.

But, I think people are willing to pay big bucks to visit your homepage, since you knew Jim for five solid days.

Ask Mewsical. She had the same idea and runs her own webpage. I think with great success.
we´s just joy-ridin´

#129 mizscarlett43

mizscarlett43

Bitch Emeritus

• Members
  • 5,774 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:24 AM

er...you do, genius.

But, I think people are willing to pay big bucks to visit your homepage, since you knew Jim for five solid days.

Ask Mewsical. She had the same idea and runs her own webpage. I think with great success.

Oh fuck you up the ass, you jealous jerk. Just fuck you. Where the hell is Laurel Canyon these days? How is it that you're allowed to get by with your nasty jealousness these days? Are there no moderators at all?

Edited by mizscarlett43, 05 July 2013 - 10:31 AM.

#130 Hamlet

Hamlet

• Members
  • 2,956 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:33 AM

Oh fuck you up the ass, you jealous jerk. Just fuck you. Where the hell is Laurel Canyon these days? How is it that you're allowed to get by with your nasty jealousness these days? Are there no moderators at all?

Is it PK-wannabe talking?

Just set up your own website. Many people will follow...

Edited by Hamlet, 05 July 2013 - 10:34 AM.

we´s just joy-ridin´

#131 mizscarlett43

mizscarlett43

Bitch Emeritus

• Members
  • 5,774 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:36 AM

Ohhhhhh.....so everyone criticizes someone's misuse of the English language, but who shall not be named is allowed to post thread after thread of nonsense and gibberish and it's okay?!

Leave her alone. She's in an unimaginable amount of pain these days. I can't imagine going through what she's going through these days. Just can't imagine it...

Edited by mizscarlett43, 05 July 2013 - 12:52 PM.

#132 queenhwy

queenhwy

• Members
  • 2,146 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:56 PM

Leave her alone. She's in an unimaginable amount of pain these days. I can't imagine going through what she's going through these days. Just can't imagine it...

I have left her alone. This post was written several days ago, way before all the supposed revelations regarding her sick child.

I've never bothered her, never pm'd her first, nothing. I have the right to defend myself when someone pm'd me several times on the new community. She is blocked on this one, but they don't have that feature on the new board.
The future's uncertain
And the end is always near.

#133 Hamlet

Hamlet

• Members
  • 2,956 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:07 PM

Soon enough the next generation or 2 won't have any people to talk to, that knew the man.

If you want to know how Jim Morrison really was, I suggest you read Paul Ferrara´s - Flash of Eden.

He knew Jim from the very start right up to the end.

You can buy it at Amazon as a Kindle dl for $ 3.49.

Paul Ferrara is the real deal!
we´s just joy-ridin´

#134 manhime

manhime

• Members
  • 890 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:33 PM

On this I disagree with you 100% Her pain gives her no right to do what she is doing. Some of the greatest criminals in the world had great pains in life.

Still no reason to act and treat people badly.

#135 manhime

manhime

• Members
  • 890 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:35 PM

I have left her alone. This post was written several days ago, way before all the supposed revelations regarding her sick child.

I've never bothered her, never pm'd her first, nothing. I have the right to defend myself when someone pm'd me several times on the new community. She is blocked on this one, but they don't have that feature on the new board.

Yes, She pmed me 100 times and I troll blocked her. She is nasty in pms

#136 manhime

manhime

• Members
  • 890 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:35 PM

If you want to know how Jim Morrison really was, I suggest you read Paul Ferrara´s - Flash of Eden.

He knew Jim from the very start right up to the end.

You can buy it at Amazon as a Kindle dl for $ 3.49.

Paul Ferrara is the real deal!

Coming from you. I do not trust this recommendation

#137 jlo

jlo

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:40 PM

i read this book, it's very good.
...no time to wallow in the mire...

#138 Hamlet

Hamlet

• Members
  • 2,956 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:44 PM

That´s alright. I don´t think you´re able to read anyway.
we´s just joy-ridin´

#139 queenhwy

queenhwy

• Members
  • 2,146 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:58 PM

He is right, Paul F. is the real deal.

I haven't read his book yet. I'll have to check it out. Does he still have his web site?
The future's uncertain
And the end is always near.

#140 jlo

jlo

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:05 PM

He is right, Paul F. is the real deal.

I haven't read his book yet. I'll have to check it out. Does he still have his web site?

hi queenhwy, i don't know about a website, but he is on facebook. and, he shares some really nice pictures of jim. i really admire his work. he was a photographer when photography was an art.
...no time to wallow in the mire...

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users