It is claimed that Jim's ghost is a frequent visitor:

http://www.washingto...d-in-arlington/

#2 manhime

manhime

• Members
  • 890 posts
  • Interests:Peppermint Girl's

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:15 PM

Maybe a ghost is a good selling point? Why would Jim Haunt his childhood home. He disliked his childhood and family.

#3 Shelby68

Shelby68

• Members
  • 927 posts
  • Interests:Music, nature, the getting of wisdom

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:26 PM

The asking price is nearly $1 million, so who could blame them for adding some supernatural spice. However, maybe not - supposedly it's the neighbors who claim that Jim's ghost is often seen in the 'hood.

Weird to just drop a bomb like that and not provide any details, but I suppose the writer has to stick to the subject at hand.

#4 manhime

manhime

• Members
  • 890 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:28 PM

Getting tired of people making money on Jim's memory.

#5 Crimson_King

Crimson_King

• Members
  • 286 posts
  • Location:This sh*t town called Escondido, California (trash scattered everywhere!)
  • Interests:French Philosophy, poetry, psychology, sociology, hermeneutics, semiotics, cinema, sleeping.....and (right now) Doors, Steely Dan, Talking Heads, King Crimson-Fripp, Yes, Jethro Tull, Eno, Roxy Music, Bruford, etc......even, yes, The Monkees!

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:09 PM

why should we care where "Jim's ghost" is. Such stupidity.

However, he DID live in a VERY nice house in Virginia.

Edited by Crimson_King, 15 July 2013 - 10:10 PM.

"Naked we come, Bruised we go.....Nude pastry for the slow soft worms below" - JDM

#6 manhime

manhime

• Members
  • 890 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:03 AM

because it raised the value of the house. Ito 1 million DOLLARS!

#7 jlo

jlo

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:09 AM

i used to travel frequently to arlington, va. it is within a very short distance of washington, dc.

arlington is a desirable area. and, i would imagine any house there would be pricey.
...no time to wallow in the mire...

#8 Shelby68

Shelby68

• Members
  • 927 posts
  • Interests:Music, nature, the getting of wisdom

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:02 PM

It is very lovely. They say it's been extensively renovated, so perhaps it bears little resemblance to the home the Morrisons knew.

I guess Jim went through a dark, torturous adolesence (didn't we all?). There are stories of him supposedly living in the basement and having a leprous/antisocial presence. Ahh, youth.

#9 jlo

jlo

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:13 PM

It is very lovely. They say it's been extensively renovated, so perhaps it bears little resemblance to the home the Morrisons knew.

I guess Jim went through a dark, torturous adolesence (didn't we all?). There are stories of him supposedly living in the basement and having a leprous/antisocial presence. Ahh, youth.

hi shelby! did you read 'the lizard king was here' by mark opsasnick? shebang recommended this book to me and it was a really good peek into jim's life in alexandria.

the basement, as it was described in that book, seemed like a nice spot. it had its own entrance and was filled with his art. i got the impression that he was kind of independent.

here's that house:
http://gwslepthere.c...-in-alexandria/
...no time to wallow in the mire...

#10 queenhwy

queenhwy

• Members
  • 2,146 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:32 PM

The article says "believe he lived here". That's kind of odd. He either did or he didn't. It is all public record, so they can check to find out if he really did.

And almost a million for a Cape style house?! That is insane!

Edited by queenhwy, 16 July 2013 - 03:32 PM.

The future's uncertain
And the end is always near.

#11 Crimson_King

Crimson_King

• Members
  • 286 posts
  • Location:This sh*t town called Escondido, California (trash scattered everywhere!)
  • Interests:French Philosophy, poetry, psychology, sociology, hermeneutics, semiotics, cinema, sleeping.....and (right now) Doors, Steely Dan, Talking Heads, King Crimson-Fripp, Yes, Jethro Tull, Eno, Roxy Music, Bruford, etc......even, yes, The Monkees!

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:14 PM

hi shelby! did you read 'the lizard king was here' by mark opsasnick? shebang recommended this book to me and it was a really good peek into jim's life in alexandria.

the basement, as it was described in that book, seemed like a nice spot. it had its own entrance and was filled with his art. i got the impression that he was kind of independent.

here's that house:
http://gwslepthere.c...-in-alexandria/

not only did it have it's own entrance from the back, separate from the family part of the house, but Jim had a small refridgerator full of beer/wine in there as well! Good Times! Wish I had known that young teen back then. :(

also, I'd read in many accounts that the place was full of wall-to-wall books, all of which Jim had read and could recite Chapter and Verse from......wow!

Edited by Crimson_King, 16 July 2013 - 06:16 PM.

"Naked we come, Bruised we go.....Nude pastry for the slow soft worms below" - JDM

#12 *~adrienne~*

*~adrienne~*

• Members
  • 339 posts
  • Interests:Sirius XMU, books on bands from the late 60s/70s & non-fiction, Netflix (mostly horror films in my queue), art galleries, concerts, coffee, sugar free red bull and any combination of chocolate and peanut butter.

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:21 AM

funny...I knew he grew up in va but I used to live in Arlington...Massachusetts lol but still I find it funny that I grew up in the same town (albeit a different state) as jim!
"Instant gratification takes too long!"
-Carrie Fisher

#13 StupidGirl

StupidGirl

• Banned
  • 2,835 posts
  • Interests:the truth...for it can be adjusted.....

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:38 AM

It is claimed that Jim's ghost is a frequent visitor:

http://www.washingto...d-in-arlington/

looks very concrete to me...hey, didn't know he lived in DC???

#14 StupidGirl

StupidGirl

• Banned
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:45 AM

I read in one of those books *you like made in bold lettering* ,Morrison was so well read, any quote you'd say to him he knew which book /author it came from.And , Pam, I know ya'll hate Oliver Stone, but did she really toss his beloved books off the balconey when he pissed her off?lol.Sounds like something I would do in a new york minute.*wink* ;)

#15 Hamlet

Hamlet

• Members
  • 2,956 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:36 AM

I am a bit bewildered? Why don´t you spend time w/ your son?
we´s just joy-ridin´

#16 Crimson_King

Crimson_King

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:42 AM

I am a bit bewildered? Why don´t you spend time w/ your son?

Hey Ham,

a question such as yours might best be asked via a "Personal Message" to her

.....I've done it and that information really isn't appropriate for everyone on the board to know openly,

.........unless you want to start a new thread entitled:

"StupidGirl's Personal Life"....eh? ;)

#17 StupidGirl

StupidGirl

• Banned
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 07:24 AM

You stupid motherfuvker.... you have the nerve to even speak about stupidgirl???? ya know, you are so assine, think i'll grab a bag of Lay's... and forgot your ass... as you oughta forgot mine. Definitely got *slap * your ass. don't
tlak to me.

#18 StupidGirl

StupidGirl

• Banned
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 07:26 AM

you fuvkin' ass.

#19 mizscarlett43

mizscarlett43

Bitch Emeritus

• Members
  • 5,774 posts
  • Interests:Politics; History (Medieval English, Victorian English and American, esp. William Bonney/Lincoln County War); Permaculture; Mexican and Moroccan Folk Art and Vernacular Architecture

Posted 15 August 2013 - 03:46 PM

You're the ass, Stupid. You need to choose: "do I drink or do I post on the Doors' board?" The combination is not working for you, trust me on this.

Edited by mizscarlett43, 15 August 2013 - 03:48 PM.

I still believe in the Cosmic Giggle, even if Rolling Stone doesn't any more.

#20 queenhwy

queenhwy

• Members
  • 2,146 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 04:18 PM

You're the ass, Stupid. You need to choose: "do I drink or do I post on the Doors' board?" The combination is not working for you, trust me on this.

It has gotten old, and I don't care what her situation is. We all have problems and issues, but we don't come on here and clog up every thread with NON Doors related topics, and tell everyone to f-u-c-k off!

It has taken away from the main point of this board. Has anyone told her personally to stop it, or go away if they're not going to discuss the main point of this site?
The future's uncertain
And the end is always near.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users