BEST TOPICS: from years ago

230 replies to this topic

#1 manhime

manhime

• Members
  • 890 posts
  • Interests:Peppermint Girl's

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:34 AM

What where some of the best topics from years ago, Many of you say I missed the good times board. So fill me in pls

#2 StupidGirl

StupidGirl

• Banned
  • 2,835 posts
  • Interests:the truth...for it can be adjusted.....

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:13 AM

i dunno know.. it was a chatboard... knights flirtin' and and and I think
Danny posted he had lung cancer... and then, the fear, which I'm here to face...

#3 StupidGirl

StupidGirl

• Banned
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:13 AM

what else you got , Manhime?

#4 queenhwy

queenhwy

• Members
  • 2,146 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:43 AM

It's a good topic question. I can't recall anything off the top of my head. I joined 7 years ago this month. People were arguing back then too! So nothing's really changed, just the amount of people dropped off. I stayed out of certain topics because it was known that certain people would chop your head off if you posted things they didn't like! So I just liked to read, read, read!

I used to enjoy when Doors manager Jeff Jampol logged on and people asked him questions and he actually answered! There are a lot of fans who are really into the music releases, so it was awesome to read all their questions, b/c they talked about stuff I had no clue about, tech specs and all! I do miss that.

I'm sure plenty of people have memories!
The future's uncertain
And the end is always near.

#5 Texasky

Texasky

• Members
  • 1,100 posts
  • Interests:European History, Riding horses, Poetry, listening to the Wind

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:41 PM

It's a good topic question. I can't recall anything off the top of my head. I joined 7 years ago this month. People were arguing back then too! So nothing's really changed, just the amount of people dropped off. I stayed out of certain topics because it was known that certain people would chop your head off if you posted things they didn't like! So I just liked to read, read, read!

I used to enjoy when Doors manager Jeff Jampol logged on and people asked him questions and he actually answered! There are a lot of fans who are really into the music releases, so it was awesome to read all their questions, b/c they talked about stuff I had no clue about, tech specs and all! I do miss that.

I'm sure plenty of people have memories!

I remember that too, all of the fighting. So, I rarely ever post anything. There were interesting topics but if a poster did not agree with certain people that were constantly posting, that poster would be nailed to a cross. And then that dark energy started to consume even the more benign posts and it became a swarm of rude and attacking mayhem. That is not what this board was created for. And the people always stirring it up thinking that it was their board and that is what the Doors would want? I certainly know of one Door who would never want that.
HE COURTED DEATH LIKE IT WAS A DARK ELUSIVE SWEETHEART

#6 queenhwy

queenhwy

• Members
  • 2,146 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:08 PM

I remember that too, all of the fighting. So, I rarely ever post anything. There were interesting topics but if a poster did not agree with certain people that were constantly posting, that poster would be nailed to a cross. And then that dark energy started to consume even the more benign posts and it became a swarm of rude and attacking mayhem. That is not what this board was created for. And the people always stirring it up thinking that it was their board and that is what the Doors would want? I certainly know of one Door who would never want that.

I saw you signed up in 2003! I don't ever remember until recently you posting. You sure could have added a lot back then!

It's had it's share of crazies! One crazy who used to post on here, is over on Instagram writing weird stuff on a Doors tribute page, and the kid who runs it said "you're blocked!" So the weirdness seems to spread!

Well, if we keep it up we may be able to save this board from its demise! I saw JM great, great grandfather post is up on the new board. It didn't get much traction. It is so difficult to get any quality conversations. I posted up the John Haeny article on the making of American Prayer, it got like 2 comments. I thought it was a pretty interesting piece of history that deserved a lot of attention. Guess not!
The future's uncertain

#7 BIGDAVE

BIGDAVE

Diablo Overlord

• Members
  • 9,565 posts
  • Interests:Interesting things

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:32 PM

Classic topics:

Favourite Doors song?
Favourite Doors member?
Did Jim get his schlong out?
Favourite Doors album?
Was Jim gay? (A classic for some reason)

All these then got made multiple times over and over again which is probably why things went so off topic. You can only talk about the same thing for so long untill you lose your mind.

#8 queenhwy

queenhwy

• Members
  • 2,146 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:53 AM

Classic topics:

Favourite Doors song?
Favourite Doors member?
Did Jim get his schlong out?
Favourite Doors album?

All these then got made multiple times over and over again which is probably why things went so off topic. You can only talk about the same thing for so long untill you lose your mind.

We forgot about JM's death too! That's always been a huge topic! Where, why, how, when?!

For some reason I want to answer all the questions you posted above! :). It's been a while since I've updated my choices!

And yeah, the whole Jim gay thing....never got it, never understood it, never ever believed it!

Edited by queenhwy, 12 September 2013 - 02:54 AM.

The future's uncertain

#9 StupidGirl

StupidGirl

• Banned
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:31 AM

did you see me sign up cir. 1998? maybe sooner.... anyhow, doesn't matter. I forgot when I came... they had this little black door
to press enter on.... so, fav topic?Was Morrison going to quit the Doors, or make another LP? Did he want his poetry to be read by him alone, or accompanied by the Doors background music?Why didn't the members help Pam after his death?What happened in Paris?Why are we fans allowing the French to sell "tour guides" of his last moments?and , yeah, I can just picture him singin' and jammin' with complete strangers over there...so, the Paris tapes do exist.

#10 Encuentro

Encuentro

• Members
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:42 PM

And yeah, the whole Jim gay thing....never got it, never understood it, never ever believed it!

I've been a member of this forum for a little over 10 years, and I have never, not even once, read any post suggesting that Jim were gay. In fact, the only time I see "gay" and "Jim" in the same sentence is when forum members are denying that Jim was gay despite the fact that it has never been suggested by anyone. It's like catching a ball that hasn't been thrown. Nobody has ever suggested that Jim were gay, not forum members, not Patricia Butler, not Max Fink, not Maggie Fink. I'm not sure why the denial keeps coming up. There's nothing to deny. It's never been suggested.

#11 queenhwy

queenhwy

• Members
  • 2,146 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:48 PM

I've been a member of this forum for a little over 10 years, and I have never, not even once, read any post suggesting that Jim were gay. In fact, the only time I see "gay" and "Jim" in the same sentence is when forum members are denying that Jim was gay despite the fact that it has never been suggested by anyone. It's like catching a ball that hasn't been thrown. Nobody has ever suggested that Jim were gay, not forum members, not Patricia Butler, not Max Fink, not Maggie Fink. I'm not sure why the denial keeps coming up. There's nothing to deny. It's never been suggested.

It was written in one of the books. I think the one Riordon wrote. It's been discussed on here a few times, but it was brief. And then another incident (from a book again) that said Pam C. scribbled on a mirror a gay slur. I'm pulling from memory since I read NOHGOA 26 years ago!

The future's uncertain

#12 BIGDAVE

BIGDAVE

Diablo Overlord

• Members
  • 9,565 posts
  • Interests:Interesting things

Posted 12 September 2013 - 03:03 PM

It was written in one of the books. I think the one Riordon wrote. It's been discussed on here a few times, but it was brief. And then another incident (from a book again) that said Pam C. scribbled on a mirror a gay slur. I'm pulling from memory since I read NOHGOA 26 years ago!

Yep, I've definitely read several topics about this here in the past as well as brief mentions of it in other posts. I'm not suggesting there's anything too it. ^_^

#13 mizscarlett43

mizscarlett43

Bitch Emeritus

• Members
  • 5,774 posts
  • Interests:Politics; History (Medieval English, Victorian English and American, esp. William Bonney/Lincoln County War); Permaculture; Mexican and Moroccan Folk Art and Vernacular Architecture

Posted 12 September 2013 - 03:46 PM

I believe it has, though I haven't read any of the books in question.

According to Salli, who allowed Patricia Butler to conduct interviews in her (Salli's) Los Angeles apartment, Butler started out with the premise that Jim was a closeted gay man and that Pamela was his "beard" and the dominant partner in their relationship, and simply would not be persuaded otherwise.

Jerry Hopkins was happy to write a smarmy, insinuating introduction to Butler's book, and then Stephen Davis came along a few years later, picked up on the Butler/Hopkins sleaze and ran with it, apparently adding his own embellishments.
I still believe in the Cosmic Giggle, even if Rolling Stone doesn't any more.

#14 queenhwy

queenhwy

• Members
  • 2,146 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:11 PM

According to Salli, who allowed Patricia Butler to conduct interviews in her (Salli's) Los Angeles apartment, Butler started out with the premise that Jim was a closeted gay man and that Pamela was his "beard" and the dominant partner in their relationship, and simply would not be persuaded otherwise.

Jerry Hopkins was happy to write a smarmy, insinuating introduction to Butler's book, and then Stephen Davis came along a few years later, picked up on the Butler/Hopkins sleaze and ran with it, apparently adding his own embellishments.

A "real" gay man would not want to sleep with any woman at any costs! So Patricia Butler makes me laugh! I read her book a few years ago. It was just a re-hashing of NOHGOA. They all tell the same old stories over and over again. How many times can you interview someone and get new information?!
The future's uncertain

#15 Hamlet

Hamlet

• Members
  • 2,956 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:57 PM

Jim was blackmailed by a malehustler. Fink helped Jim.
we´s just joy-ridin´

#16 Encuentro

Encuentro

• Members
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:38 PM

I read the book, and I'm sure I would have remembered that. It is claimed in Butler's book that Jim had a couple of same-sex flings, one of which resulted in Jim being blackmailed by the male hustler as Hamlet mentioned, not that he was gay. It's been over 10 years since I've read the book, but I'm certain I would have remembered the scenario that you posted. Maggie Fink released an e-book of some sort awhile back in which she basically backed up the claims made in the Butler book. I believe, if I'm not mistaken, that the story of the male hustler came from the Finks and that Maggie's book was basically a transcribed interview with Max. I haven't read that book, and it is no longer available. Furthermore, the claims of Jim having had a couple of same-sex flings was certainly not the premise of Butler's book. Those two stories made up a very small part of the book. It wasn't the focus of the book, not even close. For better or for worse, it is book about Jim and Pam's relationship.

Edited by Encuentro, 12 September 2013 - 11:47 PM.

#17 mizscarlett43

mizscarlett43

Bitch Emeritus

• Members
  • 5,774 posts
  • Interests:Politics; History (Medieval English, Victorian English and American, esp. William Bonney/Lincoln County War); Permaculture; Mexican and Moroccan Folk Art and Vernacular Architecture

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:31 AM

Jim was blackmailed by a malehustler. Fink helped Jim.

Butler bullshit. You should be ashamed of yourself for repeating it.

#18 Hamlet

Hamlet

• Members
  • 2,956 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:10 PM

It is avtually info from maggie fink"s book. She was Max" wife.
we´s just joy-ridin´

#19 mizscarlett43

mizscarlett43

Bitch Emeritus

• Members
  • 5,774 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:26 PM

It is avtually info from maggie fink"s book. She was Max" wife.

Yes, that's where Butler got it. As I recall, Maggie Fink was considerably younger than Max, and seems to have made a move on Max's handsome young client, was politely rebuffed, and got her revenge after both Max and Jim were safely out of the way and couldn't call her on her BS. Somehow Butler got hold of Maggie's scurrilous fiction and ran with it, with enthusiastic support from Jerry Hopkins.

As far as I'm aware, there's not a word of truth in it.

#20 Hamlet

Hamlet

• Members
  • 2,956 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:33 PM

So Maggie Fink tried to score Jim Morrison? Who has that info?
we´s just joy-ridin´

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users