Photo

BEST TOPICS: from years ago

230 replies to this topic

#41 jlo

jlo

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:09 PM

Wow! I didn't know she was banned. That is too bad. I always felt she added good stories to the board.

i remember precisely why mews was banned. i was involved in the conversation.

a poster who had some odd views of the world remarked that people should feel sorry for hitler because he had an abusive childhood or some such thing. i responded, recounting a story about my mother in law. her entire family was murdered by hitler -- she escaped berlin by a slim margin.

mews, in her eloquent way, called the poster with odd views a twit or something like that, and was banned.

i think it was totally unfair, and i wrote an email to the moderators of this forum to air my point of view which was promptly ignored.

although we may not agree with sally, miz and salli all the time, they were there and are able to give us a unique point of view because this is part of their history.

and, for the record, that other poster with the odd views was NOT banned even though they said some pretty offensive things.
...no time to wallow in the mire...

#42 mizscarlett43

mizscarlett43

Bitch Emeritus

• Members
  • 5,774 posts
  • Interests:Politics; History (Medieval English, Victorian English and American, esp. William Bonney/Lincoln County War); Permaculture; Mexican and Moroccan Folk Art and Vernacular Architecture

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:27 PM

Wow! I didn't know she was banned. That is too bad. I always felt she added good stories to the board.

I saw on the news yesterday that ABQ and the Santa Fe regions were going to experience torrential downpours and flooding. I have a ton of family in Santa Fe so I was worried for them. The weather has certainly been odd the past few weeks, at least in our neck of the woods!

Thank you for noticing!

Yes, it's been very strange. We're getting our monsoon season two months late and in spades. I can't remember the last time we had such rain, even during our normal rainy/monsoon season (roughly late June/early July through August).
This year the monsoons are two months late and unusually strong--I got jolted out of a deep sleep early this morning by torrential rain accompanied by lightning and thunder at something like 3 or 4 in the morning. Weird--but of course there's no such thing as global warming... :rolleyes:

P.S. How's your family doing? Do they live in one of the danger zones, where wildfires have already stripped the countryside of vegetation and there's nothing between them and the new fires?

Edited by mizscarlett43, 14 September 2013 - 05:33 PM.

I still believe in the Cosmic Giggle, even if Rolling Stone doesn't any more.

#43 mizscarlett43

mizscarlett43

Bitch Emeritus

• Members
  • 5,774 posts
  • Interests:Politics; History (Medieval English, Victorian English and American, esp. William Bonney/Lincoln County War); Permaculture; Mexican and Moroccan Folk Art and Vernacular Architecture

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:43 PM

Btw, and as for Mews--no, I had nothing whatsoever to do with her banning and I miss her very much, as aggravating as she could be. I'm sure I was just as aggravating to her.

But that's what this board is about--at least theoretically--people who were there and knew the personalities involved so they can argue from personal experience rather than from those %$#@ books mostly written by people who weren't even on the planet when Jim was.

#44 mizscarlett43

mizscarlett43

Bitch Emeritus

• Members
  • 5,774 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:08 PM

a poster who had some odd views of the world remarked that people should feel sorry for hitler because he had an abusive childhood or some such thing. i responded, recounting a story about my mother in law. her entire family was murdered by hitler -- she escaped berlin by a slim margin.

mews, in her eloquent way, called the poster with odd views a twit or something like that, and was banned.

i think it was totally unfair, and i wrote an email to the moderators of this forum to air my point of view which was promptly ignored.

although we may not agree with sally, miz and salli all the time, they were there and are able to give us a unique point of view because this is part of their history.

and, for the record, that other poster with the odd views was NOT banned even though they said some pretty offensive things.

Damn, I didn't know any of this. That's awful, Jlo, I don't even know what to say--except that (from what I've heard) Hamlet is untouchable due to his close relationship with one of the (former) moderators.

Now that this forum is pretty much the Wild West--when is Doors Management going to wake up and realize that this is still where it's happening, not that lame so-called forum on the new Doors page?

One simply can't rely on anything posted here, because there's no one riding herd, so to speak. The loonies and the trolls have free rein.

But you know what?--so do I have free rein-- and I intend to take full advantage of the situation, while it lasts. :D

#45 Hamlet

Hamlet

• Members
  • 2,956 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:10 PM

So, we can rest assure that Maggie Fink is telling the truth. Max Fink did help Jim, when he was blackmailed by a gay hustler. Scarlet claims Maggie made a pass at Jim, but was rejected. How she knows this, no one knows. Least at all Scarlet herself.
we´s just joy-ridin´

#46 mizscarlett43

mizscarlett43

Bitch Emeritus

• Members
  • 5,774 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:35 PM

So, we can rest assure that Maggie Fink is telling the truth. Max Fink did help Jim, when he was blackmailed by a gay hustler. Scarlet claims Maggie made a pass at Jim, but was rejected. How she knows this, no one knows. Least at all Scarlet herself.

Folks, I truly don't remember the source of this tale, despite the Hambone's insinuations that I'm dodging the issue.

I have to wonder, however, why he seems so eager to give credence to this clearly bogus story...?

#47 manhime

manhime

• Members
  • 890 posts
  • Interests:Peppermint Girl's

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:13 AM

Damn, I didn't know any of this. That's awful, Jlo, I don't even know what to say--except that (from what I've heard) Hamlet is untouchable due to his close relationship with one of the (former) moderators.

Now that this forum is pretty much the Wild West--when is Doors Management going to wake up and realize that this is still where it's happening, not that lame so-called forum on the new Doors page?

One simply can't rely on anything posted here, because there's no one riding herd, so to speak. The loonies and the trolls have free rein.

But you know what?--so do I have free rein-- and I intend to take full advantage of the situation, while it lasts. :D

I KEEP SAYING that if all of us banned together and put on Ignore all the trolls. ALL OF THEM. They would have no one to talk to anymore.

It is time to take back the board. We should start a new thread with a list of Trolls to block on this board. We all should agree that majority rules. Voting is not based on if you like a poster or not. It is based on if they are considered a troll or not

Edited by manhime, 15 September 2013 - 12:25 AM.

#48 queenhwy

queenhwy

• Members
  • 2,146 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:53 AM

I KEEP SAYING that if all of us banned together and put on Ignore all the trolls. ALL OF THEM. They would have no one to talk to anymore.

It is time to take back the board. We should start a new thread with a list of Trolls to block on this board. We all should agree that majority rules. Voting is not based on if you like a poster or not. It is based on if they are considered a troll or not

I don't believe Hamlet is a troll, he just likes to say controversial things to get under people's skin. Once you know that you don't have to play the game anymore.

I believe the Doors management just wants this board to implode. That one day none of us will log on or converse anymore. We need mods, but they don't care.

I gave the new board a shot. There is a lot of nice people over there, so that is not my issue at all. I will still post there, but posts get lost and people don't go back and look and they miss stuff. It is not a great system for topic talking.

I actually thought this board got a little better the past months or so. :)
The future's uncertain
And the end is always near.

#49 queenhwy

queenhwy

• Members
  • 2,146 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:56 AM

Thank you for noticing!

Yes, it's been very strange. We're getting our monsoon season two months late and in spades. I can't remember the last time we had such rain, even during our normal rainy/monsoon season (roughly late June/early July through August).
This year the monsoons are two months late and unusually strong--I got jolted out of a deep sleep early this morning by torrential rain accompanied by lightning and thunder at something like 3 or 4 in the morning. Weird--but of course there's no such thing as global warming... :rolleyes:

P.S. How's your family doing? Do they live in one of the danger zones, where wildfires have already stripped the countryside of vegetation and there's nothing between them and the new fires?

I haven't heard anything, so I assume they are all well. I just saw them say ABQ/SF and I saw all the rain and flooding and was scared for everyone.

I was in AZ last year and they said it was there monsoon season! It rained a little. Growing up in the Northeast we experience all kinds of crazy weather, so I'm used to extreme storms of all kinds!
The future's uncertain

#50 Hamlet

Hamlet

• Members
  • 2,956 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:54 AM

Folks, I truly don't remember the source of this tale, despite the Hambone's insinuations that I'm dodging the issue.

I have to wonder, however, why he seems so eager to give credence to this clearly bogus story...?

"The source of this tale" is obviously your own mind. How on earth would anyone know this? So how much else do you invent in your own deluded, warped and demented mind? You don't even know.

Maggie Fink writes that Jim was blackmailed by a gay-hustler. Her book is based on interviews w/ Max Fink, Jim´s lawyer. That's serious!
we´s just joy-ridin´

#51 flashing bliss

flashing bliss

FB

• Members
  • 785 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:54 AM

"The source of this tale" is obviously your own mind. How on earth would anyone know this? So how much else do you invent in your own deluded, warped and demented mind? You don't even know.

Maggie Fink writes that Jim was blackmailed by a gay-hustler. Her book is based on interviews w/ Max Fink, Jim´s lawyer. That's serious!

Did she though? IF she wrote it, she didn't publish it. As far as I know she was dead beforehand.
Flash

#52 Texasky

Texasky

• Members
  • 1,100 posts
  • Interests:European History, Riding horses, Poetry, listening to the Wind

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:56 PM

Did she though? IF she wrote it, she didn't publish it. As far as I know she was dead beforehand.

I believe what happened is that Maggie died and her sister or sister-in-law published it. It came out on kindle ebooks and then for some reason it was pulled. I tried to find it but it had already been pulled. This ebook was discussed in much, much detail over at the Freedom Man Forum and the posters there were sharp and put a lot of thought into the manuscripts. It is very interesting what was brought up. Instead of just getting on here and trashing manucripts , it should be read and discussed. This should be an open forum for any and all Doors related subjects to be viewed and discussed. This board is financed by the Doors and not any one or two posters here should say it is trash and not to be discussed. That is mutiny and it should never be tolerated.

If I can get some of the transcripts over here, I will post it.

And further more, if anyone here would like to discuss the Patricia Butler book, or any other book, please do so. This is an open forum and this is all explained in the Doors guidelines.

Edited by Texasky, 15 September 2013 - 08:55 PM.

HE COURTED DEATH LIKE IT WAS A DARK ELUSIVE SWEETHEART

#53 Texasky

Texasky

• Members
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:58 PM

You presume too much, Encuentro. You have no idea how well I knew him, nor how long, nor how well.

You are beyond the pale. Because you may have perfervid fantasies about sex with Jim, doesn't mean that any of those fantasies have any basis in reality. You know nothing.

Nothing.

Oh, so you did? Look, if you're gay that's fine, I have no problem with that, that's how you're wired and good for you, but DO NOT presume to impute your own fantasies/desires onto Jim Morrison.

Kindly grant me the courtesy of knowing firsthand about Jim's sexuality, and of knowing his sexual preferences/desires up close and personal.

Why is this a problem for you?

Yes, that's my understanding. The Maggie Fink transcript is pure sensationalist sleaze, and bears no resemblance whatsoever to anything Jim may have told his attorney Max Fink.

You do not know that these transcripts are fiction, that is only your opinion.

And for a fact, you are saying that Encuentro said he was gay? Where was this and when did he announce it? And why would he put it on the board for everyone to read? And he has fantasies about Jim? Really? Please direct everyone to Encuentro's posts where we can all read this for ourselves!

If anything Encuentro is one of our better posters and is genuinely here to add to the Doors and the Doors topics. Over time he has added greatly to this board and has brought subjects to light that has helped all of us learn and expand out knowledge of the Doors.

Now we also know that Hamlet is gay too. Please show all us where to look for such private matters. I guess we are having a coming out party here at the board.

Hey, anyone else gay, please feel free to jump in.

#54 Encuentro

Encuentro

• Members
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:04 PM

And for a fact, you are saying that Encuentro said he was gay? Where was this and when did he announce it? And why would he put it on the board for everyone to read? And he has fantasies about Jim? Really? Please direct everyone to Encuentro's posts where we can all read this for ourselves!

If anything Encuentro is one of our better posters and is genuinely here to add to the Doors and the Doors topics. Over time he has added greatly to this board and has brought subjects to light that has helped all of us learn and expand out knowledge of the Doors.

Now we also know that Hamlet is gay too. Please show all us where to look for such private matters. I guess we are having a coming out party here at the board.

Yeah! What she said! You tell it like it is, Candy!

It comes from the Joseph McCarthy school of debate. If you discuss the possible validity of some of claims that have been made in the Fink transcripts, you yourself must be gay. Furthermore, if someone e calls you out on your utter bullshit, just say that you meant it tongue in cheek.

Edited by Encuentro, 15 September 2013 - 08:05 PM.

#55 mizscarlett43

mizscarlett43

Bitch Emeritus

• Members
  • 5,774 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:08 PM

It's not my opinion, it's my sure and certain knowledge. It used to be well-known, back in the day--the glory days of this now nearly defunct board, when Salli Stevenson, Sally Stevens (Mewsical) and even Danny Sugerman were posting here (very, very occasionally in Danny's case), but all of whom had known Jim well.

I'm sorry you misread what I wrote, but I wasn't attacking Encuentro, and I value his posts just as you do.

I haven't gone back to see what I posted that started this kerfuffle, but I'm pretty sure that what I did say was said tongue- in- cheek. Tongue in drunken cheek, that would be. (I hardly ever drink these days, and when I do, it only takes a couple of gin/tonics to put me completely in the bag...me...
who used to be able to drink that Morrison dude under the table. (sigh) How the mighty have fallen! :lol: )

#56 mizscarlett43

mizscarlett43

Bitch Emeritus

• Members
  • 5,774 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:33 PM

This is so weird! Do you know that this post has just now shown up on my board? Hours, perhaps even days since it was first posted?

We're being monitored, folks--except the monitors can't seem to get around to monitoring more than a couple of times a week, if that.

Typical, typical, typical....

#57 mizscarlett43

mizscarlett43

Bitch Emeritus

• Members
  • 5,774 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:35 PM

This is so weird! Do you know that this post has just now shown up on my board? Hours, perhaps even days since it was first posted?

We're being monitored, folks--except the monitors can't seem to get around to monitoring more than a couple of times a week, if that.

Typical, typical, typical....

Btw, it's good to see you, Jlo. I wish you'd post more often.

#58 Texasky

Texasky

• Members
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:52 PM

It's not my opinion, it's my sure and certain knowledge. It used to be well-known, back in the day--the glory days of this now nearly defunct board, when Salli Stevenson, Sally Stevens (Mewsical) and even Danny Sugerman were posting here (very, very occasionally in Danny's case), but all of whom had known Jim well.
I'm sorry you misread what I wrote, but I wasn't attacking Encuentro, and I value his posts just as you do.

I haven't gone back to see what I posted that started this kerfuffle, but I'm pretty sure that what I did say was said tongue- in- cheek. Tongue in drunken cheek, that would be. (I hardly ever drink these days, and when I do, it only takes a couple of gin/tonics to put me completely in the bag...me...
who used to be able to drink that Morrison dude under the table. (sigh) How the mighty have fallen! :lol: )

Miz, you need to understand that the allegations made in reference to Encuentro having perverted fantasies about Jim is called defamation of character. That is not to be taken lightly on this board or anywhere else unless Encuentro stated that which he did not and never has. To make up something so blatantly false and accusatory in printed words on this board or anywhere else is called libel.

So, you and the two Salli/Sally's and Danny knew Max Fink and were privy to Mr. Fink's conversations with Jim? Right? You all were there in Mr. Fink's office while he talked with Jim. No, wait, wait, wait....you all have a SOURCE/SOURCES who ease dropped on Jim and Mr. Fink and Maggie Fink, too. Of course....why didn't I realize that from the beginning. So maybe the sources were Max Fink's secretaries, paralegals, law clerks, and other office workers..... who happen to be great sources of information and secret knowledge and just hustled over to give a blow by blow account to Sally S. at Elecktra, got Salli on horn and spewed it all forth right then and there and then seek out Danny S. while opening mail at the Doors office.....right? So, now we all know the complete and utter facts and little ol' us here on the board haven't a clue..... well, what else are we to believe? Huh? Facts are facts right! Just like the fact of Encuentro being gay and having perverted fantasies about JIm.

I knew Jim and I knew him enough to know Jim wouldn't like to read this type of _________ also in my 2 almost 2 and 1/2 years of spending time with Jim, there is no way I can answer for JIm. But I do know enough about Jim's character to know he would bristle at the crap on this board and what is going down.

Edited by Texasky, 18 September 2013 - 04:41 PM.

#59 queenhwy

queenhwy

• Members
  • 2,146 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:10 PM

I'm not gay, but I support anyone who is! And thanks Texasky for allowing us the ability to discuss topics and support one another.

I found this snippet: http://forum.johnden...showtopic=4412. It shows a few paragraphs of Max Finks discussions.

And I'm not trying to bash Danny Sugerman, but he is also responsible for the NOHGOA book just as much as Hopkins. So is he not partially to blame for Jim Morrisons memory/legacy being tainted? Same goes for the Doors 1991 movie and the ones involved in what I think was the selling out of Jim Morrison for a big payday. They all hated it after it came out, they collected and cashed their checks. No ones ever said in an interview they have given the money back b/c they were disgusted by it.
The future's uncertain

#60 mizscarlett43

mizscarlett43

Bitch Emeritus

• Members
  • 5,774 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:45 PM

I'm not gay, but I support anyone who is! And thanks Texasky for allowing us the ability to discuss topics and support one another.

I found this snippet: http://forum.johnden...showtopic=4412. It shows a few paragraphs of Max Finks discussions.

And I'm not trying to bash Danny Sugerman, but he is also responsible for the NOHGOA book just as much as Hopkins. So is he not partially to blame for Jim Morrisons memory/legacy being tainted? Same goes for the Doors 1991 movie and the ones involved in what I think was the selling out of Jim Morrison for a big payday. They all hated it after it came out, they collected and cashed their checks. No ones ever said in an interview they have given the money back b/c they were disgusted by it.

No, he's not. Not even close. I wish Salli had the time and the inclination to post on this board as she used to (occasionally--very occasionally) because she'd straighten you out in short order, just as she straightened me out all these years ago.

The nastiness and sleaze of NOHGOA was ALL Jerry Hopkins' doing. All of it. Every last bit of it.

Hopkins is--by his own admission--an omnisexual who is currently living in Thailand with a transexual prostitute. There's nothing wrong with that--I'm a proud Liberal who does not judge, except that by my sure and certain knowledge, Jim Morrison was as straight as an arrow (to coin a phrase) and had a horror of the homosexual act (but NOT of homosexuals--there's huge difference). He said he couldn't understand how men could do that to each other.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users